Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could we have stopped this

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

I dont think so. I think we may have been able to delay it landing on our shores but I dont think we would have been able to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

timhenn wrote: »
    This is not the first time I've received a response like this. What the **** is it all about? What have sf got to do with this? Why are people putting their politics before everything?
    fg ****ed up, if it was sf, ff, the greens, anyone, then I'd be calling them out on it. Facts are that it was fg. If this upsets your political leanings I couldn't give a sh1t. We have to call out incompetence, they've been getting away with it for too long and it's costing lives.

A quick look at your posts show what a SF cheerleader you are.

What did they do in Northern Ireland?

Nothing until this week.

How many tests in Northern Ireland? No many.

How well are Northern Ireland hospitals stocked with ventilators and protective gear - very poorly.

Thanks fuc SinnFein/IRA are not in government in the republic of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

You're just a fg shill. People's lives are more important than your political allegiances. They ****ed up, they can't hide behind others.

Can you point to your posts on this a few weeks back? You must have been proposing to ban all flights and close the border then, I suppose.

I doubt if an SF led government would have closed the border either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭relax carry on

The north's first case came through Dublin! Again, if we had people in charge who were proactive instead of reactive, we would have been ahead of this and not chasing it.

Having meetings between both states should have happened long before it did and some well thought out strategies introduced. This never happened.

Can you explain what part of the WHO advice the Irish government failed to act on completely or delayed in implementing (with a count of days) since the first reported cases in China? Outside of the WHO, what organisations should the Irish government have been listening to?

There's a huge list waiting to be tested, the true numbers of those affected is far higher than we have now. We're an island, a small one. This could have been controlled but we were failed by those in charge!

We're an island of two countries. The United Kingdom control Northern Ireland.

On an international scale, the republic of Ireland are doing very well at containment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

Darc19 wrote: »
    A quick look at your posts show what a SF cheerleader you are.

What did they do in Northern Ireland?

Nothing until this week.

How many tests in Northern Ireland? No many.

How well are Northern Ireland hospitals stocked with ventilators and protective gear - very poorly.

Thanks fuc SinnFein/IRA are not in government in the republic of Ireland.

I haven't posted one pro sf post!

This is bigger than your ****ty politics. Lives are at stake. fg let us down. No amount of deflection can take away from that!

FVP3 wrote: »
    Can you point to your posts on this a few weeks back? You must have been proposing to ban all flights and close the border then, I suppose.

I doubt if an SF led government would have closed the border either.

Here's another post about sf! What is wrong with you people! People are rightfully criticising fg's inactions, this does not mean they are automatically a sf supporter.

If you're putting party politics over the lives of Irish people then you have to have a long hard look at yourself in the mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Here's another post about sf! What is wrong with you people! People are rightfully criticising fg's inactions, this does not mean they are automatically a sf supporter.

If you're putting party politics over the lives of Irish people then you have to have a long hard look at yourself in the mirror.

How much are you been paid to curse at people on the Internet?

Can you explain what part of the WHO advice the Irish government failed to act on completely or delayed in implementing (with a count of days) since the first reported cases in China? Outside of the WHO, what organisations should the Irish government have been listening to?

Can you point out where the WHO advised Leo to fly over and back to America?

This is the problem right here, we don't have any leaders and people like you are happy to excuse them. It's costing us big time. Do fg need to be handheld and mollycoddled non stop? We are a small island, this could have been controlled, that's the bottom line. No excuse can let fg off the hook.

We're an island of two countries. The United Kingdom control Northern Ireland.

On an international scale, the republic of Ireland are doing very well at containment.

Two states on a tiny island, a proactive government would have took the lead on this. A reactive government was flying off to America last week, that's why we're ****ed.

Do you know anything about the waiting list for tests?

• Advertisement

How much are you been paid to curse at people on the Internet?

Upset that I called you out as a shill?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

Can you point out where the WHO advised Leo to fly over and back to America?

This is the problem right here, we don't have any leaders and people like you are happy to excuse them. It's costing us big time. Do fg need to be handheld and mollycoddled non stop? We are a small island, this could have been controlled, that's the bottom line. No excuse can let fg off the hook.

just a simple kerryman here , could you please explain what you would have done to stop it so , its not the goverments fault its the peoples faulf , sf , ff, fg or any other party could do very little to stop this without looking like a police-state

Upset that I called you out as a shill?

Whats a shill?

Thought you weren't making this political?

You're making a fool of yourself tonight.

Everyone here knows your political bias and past posts.

I haven't posted one pro sf post!

This is bigger than your ****ty politics. Lives are at stake. fg let us down. No amount of deflection can take away from that!

The SF/IRA shills have been ordered to start posting because the public have been too positive about the action taken.

Eamonn8448 wrote: »
    just a simple kerryman here , could you please explain what you would have done to stop it so , its not the goverments fault its the peoples faulf , sf , ff, fg or any other party could do very little to stop this without looking like a police-state

There were options. It was the loss of human life v the loss of money to the exchequer. fg chose to save the economy over saving people's lives. The result of that decision, in reality, will mean the loss of human life and the economy going to sh1t.

Congratulations fg.

Whats a shill?

Thought you weren't making this political?

You're making a fool of yourself tonight.

Everyone here knows your political bias and past posts.

You made it clear from the start of this thread that defending fg was your only interest. Scummy behaviour to be honest. People are dying and really sick and all you care about is some ****ty political party.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Sad to see the government's actions being politicised and criticised. They have followed the advice of the health experts, I'd expect no more and no less from a government - the last thing I want is politicians deciding what the health advice should be, look at the US & the UK. Whatever happens from here can't be blamed on them, and I know people have been working huge hours for several weeks now to try and prepare as well we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

The SF/IRA shills have been ordered to start posting because the public have been too positive about the action taken.

history will tell how positive that action has been , good to see a few blueshirts still about , it ensures the flowers will bloom again

You made it clear from the start of this thread that defending fg was your only interest. Scummy behaviour to be honest. People are dying and really sick and all you care about is some ****ty political party.

Ah man irony..

Look it up in the dictionary:)

Positive about what action? Flying over and back to America in the middle of a global pandemic in which travel has cost thousands of lives?

• Advertisement

hmmm wrote: »
    Sad to see the government's actions being politicised and criticised. They have followed the advice of the health experts, I'd expect no more and no less from a government - the last thing I want is politicians deciding what the health advice should be, look at the US & the UK. Whatever happens from here can't be blamed on them, and I know people have been working huge hours for several weeks now to try and prepare as well we can.

If they didn't follow the medical advice can you imagine the whinging now?

hmmm wrote: »

Why can't a **** up be criticised? They are still at it, they aren't doing enough. People will die while you are patting an incompetent government on the back.

Why can't a **** up be criticised? They are still at it, they aren't doing enough. People will die while you are patting an incompetent government on the back.

People are dying all over the world.

Why do you think Ireland should be different?

People died today in car crashes.

Do you want FG to ban driving?

You are making no sense.

Ah man irony..

Look it up in the dictionary:)

How about you look up shill?

People are dying all over the world.

Why do you think Ireland should be different?

And people are criticising their governments around the world if they ****ed up. Why do you think this state should be different?

And people are criticising their governments around the world if they ****ed up. Why do you think this state should be different?

Answer the rest of my post.

Answer the rest of my post.

What rest of your post? You answer mine.

What rest of your post? You answer mine.

Em the rest of my post you decided to only show 2 lines of in your rant.

Em the rest of my post you decided to only show 2 lines of in your rant.

I quoted your post. If you want to edit it after that's your business.

So why shouldn't governments be criticised if they screw up? Why do you think fg are above criticism?

• Advertisement

I quoted your post. If you want to edit it after that's your business.

So why shouldn't governments be criticised if they screw up? Why do you think fg are above criticism?

They should be criticised IF they screw up.
    FG haven’t. They’ve done a brilliant job.
    They should remain for at least 6 months and see this through.

Advertisement