Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Eamon Ryan a troll?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Looking across all spectrums, left, right, centre. Top talent is lacking.

FG have picked themselves up somewhat with the Pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I wouldnt say he's a troll, he's just extremely out of touch and seems to be lacking in any real personality.

He has thus decided to take on this 'ultra-woke' personality as he thinks it is what will play best with the electorate but it is quite obviously disingenuous.

He's essentially the South Dublin version of Aodhan O Riordain in Dublin Bay North - extremely disingenuous and lacking in any real substance

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Greens will never be a major party in Ireland, so I wouldn't worry about them, we ll probably always have some combination of ffg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Off his rocker obviously. It's a close run thing between himself and Eoin Murphy for worst politican in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Dorakman wrote: »
    I seriously cannot believe that someone with their full wits about them, could come up which such half-baked and stupid ideas. Is he serious, or just having a laugh?

What are these ideas of his? Be nice to have some context!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Looking across all spectrums, left, right, centre. Top talent is lacking.

FG have picked themselves up somewhat with the Pandemic

:confused: FG have "picked themselves up"? How you figure that.

BanditLuke wrote:
    FG have "picked themselves up"? How you figure that.

I do think fg will get a boost from this pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Not to be mean when he said touching me , touching you

I thought he was going to start signing the darkness I believe in a thing called love !!!!

He did give me one idea I have about 6m square of grass in my garden I am thinking of turning into a vegetable garden as being honest it gives me something to do !!!

He did give me one idea I have about 6m square of grass in my garden I am thinking of turning into a vegetable garden as being honest it gives me something to do !!!

Go for it, be a nice project, probably should get our own plot going again, just couldn't be arsed

• Advertisement

Growing veg is a nice idea but just brings rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,573 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Ever since he became leader of the greens and won a seat back for the party in 2011, he’s come across an being unbelievably smug.

The word prat also comes to mind

A smug prat.

I fear the recent election result for the greens ( despite being a protest vote against FG), will do nothing more than inflate his ego to Hindenburg zeppelin size levels.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,654 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

You already have rats

sydthebeat wrote: »
    You already have rats

Brings more of them though. In built up areas with no people around and veg growing, could you imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

lalababa wrote: »
    He espoused leaving hardware stores (and I assume garden centers open) so people wouldn't go mad at home constantly looking at boards coronovirus threads.
    And yet ye think HE'S loosing his marbles.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    He does come across like an annoying teen with asbergers though
    Not what we are used to with Irish politicians.
    Nothing wrong with what he said though...

I don't see much wrong with what he said either, it was the way he said it, he seemed totally manic and like he was going to have a breakdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

He's not great at speeches. Varadkar's speeches have been great.

But
    • Cheap transcontinental flights (and cheap flights in general) were definitely part of this getting established.
    • Our bad air quality will increase its lethality.
    • our health service is not equipped to deal with the situation

I assume the greens' policies would have addressed the first two of these issues. Don't know what their policies on healthcare are, but it can't be worse than FG's. Personally I think policy is more important than speech writing. (Though you don't get to pretend you're in a movie.)

FG were very slow to respond. For some reason 99% of people didn't seem to realise there was a problem until our leader told them there was. But it was very clear since January for anyone paying attention. I think they should have been paying attention. We didn't need to be in thos situation at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I do think fg will get a boost from this pandemic

Wait until the mortality figures start climbing and people start asking questions about the lack of decision making in relation to travel such as allowing the Cheltenham punters to wander to the four corners of the country unimpeded spreading the disease

Wait until the mortality figures start climbing and people start asking questions about the lack of decision making in relation to travel such as allowing the Cheltenham punters to wander to the four corners of the country unimpeded spreading the disease

That’s exactly it. At the moment it looks like they’re doing well, and they could very well be doing as best can be done with this, but at the end of the day it’ll all be judged on how it ends up. We’re a long way from knowing that at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

i actually think he was having a mental breakdown while making that speech, not joking.

maybe, but im still expecting a bounce in the polls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

No problem. The wolves will get them!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Not a fan of the greens or him but that idiot is right for once

Mentally and physically people need to keep busy

Painting gardening diy

Beautiful day today get out and do something in the fresh clean air

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭blackwave

Painting gardening diy

There is valid points in what he is saying but he is not articulate enough to make the points. If he had went down the route of saying that DIY stores should remain open so that people can do projects to keep themselves active, etc for the benefit of their mental health he wouldn't be getting this ridicule.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Did you get the back wall painted there, Ted?

Nope , but I did strip off years worth of ivy. Ready to be painted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,591 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

He’s probably a HealeyRay on special assignment to destroy the Green Party, amd boy is he playing a blinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

https://thehill.com/changing-america/opinion/488295-coronavirus-should-be-a-wake-up-call-to-our-treatment-of-the-animal

Good article here on how our meddling with nature may have caused all this mess in the first place. Eamon is never going to be popular here but Ireland is one of the most denatured countries on the planet and we really do need some green initiatives. I've got tomatoes and chillies going this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

There is a point to be made about more people getting involved in homegrown food, definitely, but the way he made the argument was atrocious.

He comes across as a laughing stock even while making a point that has merit - terrible terrible politicking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Painting gardening diy

well for some. My car is covered with ash from neighbours' fires. Only washed a couple of weeks ago. tires cleaner than the bonnet.

People doing that are killing people. Iran and northern Italy have terrible air pollution and that is thought to be what us behind their death rates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

https://thehill.com/changing-america/opinion/488295-coronavirus-should-be-a-wake-up-call-to-our-treatment-of-the-animal

Good article here on how our meddling with nature may have caused all this mess in the first place. Eamon is never going to be popular here but Ireland is one of the most denatured countries on the planet and we really do need some green initiatives. I've got tomatoes and chillies going this year.

Which planet would that be?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement