Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 switch or 2 switch lite

• 22-03-2020 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    Hopefully you’s can advise me and help me with some questions.
    My son’s birthday is around the corner and I want to get him a switch.
    I’m just not sure which one to get.
    The best price I can see in the switch is 329 without games while the lite is 264 with two games.
    Considering I would have to buy at least two games for the switch, it would bring the price to over 420. For an extra 100 I could buy two lites and give the other to my daughter.

If they wanted to play against each other in mario kart, would they both need the game or could I get two different bundles which would mean I would get four different games.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You would need to have two copies of Mario Kart. One in each system, If you get the lites. The lite is great but not a patch on the flexibility of the bigger one.

The switch lite will never hook up to your TV. Unlike the more expensive one. If he has friends over he can pop in Mario Kart and play two player on the one system on the tv. (If you get extra controllers you can play 4 player).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It depends on a few things, like how often it would be used on the TV if you get the normal Switch, how well your son and daughter are about sharing (even if it's his switch, if there are multiplayer games there'll be a feeling of shared ownership), and whether they want to play multiplayer or single player games?

My feeling would be go for the classic Switch - being able to connect to the TV is really good for certain games, particularly multiplayer, and it can also be used on the go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Thanks,I think I’ll go with the switch. I was leaning that way anyway but you’s have helped decide for me. Unfortunately there is no great bundle deals on it at the moment.

Advertisement