Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Never before have so many dogs been walked so often so far?

• 22-03-2020 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or that with the corona virus outbreak are more people out walking their dogs more often?

I live in a nice isolated spot that isn't too far from a town and this last week I've seen people out walking dogs that I've never seen before (dogs or people).

OK so I'm not seeing huge numbers but going from seeing not a single dog during the week I'm now seeing at couple of other dog walkers every day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yep everyone is coming out of the woodwork!! Our morning walk has been pretty much the same ... We walk in the park at 7:00am and we'd see the same 2 or 3 dogs but now there's been a couple of new people with dogs - I've had to put Bailey's leg cover back on that I used after this knee surgery as a visual sign that he's on lead for a reason so keep your hyper dog away! I've given up taking him around the block at lunchtime/early afternoon because there's just too many people out on top of us. I worked from home a good bit before this anyways as most of my meetings are late afternoon so eg I'd come home at lunch/early afternoon and take him for a quick stroll before I did my block of afternoon/early evening meetings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

I’m one of those new dog walkers, no more commute for her foreseeable so I’ve fostered a dog from the local dog rescue charity.

I’m not the only one either, according to the manager they’ve only 2 dogs left in kennels, down from about 20, all the rest have been temporarily rehomed.

Advertisement