Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of ireland increasing fees(not an april fools joke)

• 22-03-2020 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Just wondering has anyone received notices from their banks to say they are increasing their fees in may for cheque and cash handling fees.I have no problem paying fees but I find this absolutely outrageous given the current situation we are facing the biggest crisis to face all mankind in a century.the increase is a 33% increase does anyone else find this situation unacceptable seeing as we have our politicians on tv telling us that the banks are going to look after irish citizens seeing as we looked after them not so long ago

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

bizidea wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone received notices from their banks to say they are increasing their fees in may for cheque and cash handling fees.I have no problem paying fees but I find this absolutely outrageous given the current situation we are facing the biggest crisis to face all mankind in a century.the increase is a 33% increase does anyone else find this situation unacceptable seeing as we have our politicians on tv telling us that the banks are going to look after irish citizens seeing as we looked after them not so long ago

Cheques and cash are obsolete.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Cash is legal tender how can it be obsolete soon they will be printing plenty more of it and handing it out.and thats not what I asked are people not disgusted that at this present moment in time with all thats going on how can anyone be increasing fees

• Registered Users Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Probably a good idea to disincentivize the use of cash and cheques given the risk of transmission.
    Good move by the banks.

Cash is legal tender how can it be obsolete soon they will be printing plenty more of it and handing it out.and thats not what I asked are people not disgusted that at this present moment in time with all thats going on how can anyone be increasing fees

Just ask for cash back at the shop.

Probably a good idea to disincentivize the use of cash and cheques given the risk of transmission.
    Good move by the banks.

Yes I am sure now thats why the banks are upping their fees they have the best interests of irish citizens at heart and trying to keep us safe thanks for that yosser now I realise why they are doing it

• Advertisement

easypazz wrote: »
    Just ask for cash back at the shop.
    Its the lodging of it thats the problem if you are in business or even lodging cheques

Its the lodging of it thats the problem if you are in business or even lodging cheques

Just get a card machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Are they currently charging you for full stops?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Yes I am sure now thats why the banks are upping their fees they have the best interests of irish citizens at heart and trying to keep us safe thanks for that yosser now I realise why they are doing it

Spot on, good job BOI

Just get a card machine.

Most people would not have cards mainly older people I would deal with

• Advertisement

Are they currently charging you for full stops?

Your obviously an english teacher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I agree with the sentiment of your complaint but your post made my eyes hurt.

Its not acceptable that boi are upping their fees at this moment in time full stop.Are you happy now killbill.

I agree with the sentiment of your complaint but your post made my eyes hurt.

Its making my head hurt that boi think they can get away with this cosidering what is happening in the world.I am not sure people realise the consequences of our current situation both the social and economic situation we will find ourselves in.

Most people would not have cards mainly older people I would deal with

Bullsh1t. ATM cards are here since 1980. All the old people were young then.

Everybody I know has a card.

I am afraid not once ive been offered card payment once in almost twenty years.I know my customers it will be cheque or cash payments. A few people are starting to make online payments but this is a very small percentage

I am afraid only once ive been offered card payment once in almost twenty years.I know my customers it will be cheque or cash payments. A few people are starting to make online payments but this is a very small percentage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Probably about right, an increase in line with the dangers of handling contaminated cash

I really dont think people realise the economic fall out there is going to be from this.do people think everything is just going to go back to normal on the governments date of 29th of March I'm afraid not its only going to start kicking off then.it will be closer to the 29th of September before anything like normality resumes.economically this will effect everyone from private to public to self-employed.there is going to be a massive bill to be paid and in the middle of it bank's are upping their fees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I am afraid only once ive been offered card payment once in almost twenty years.I know my customers it will be cheque or cash payments. A few people are starting to make online payments but this is a very small percentage

What do you sell - knitted tea cosies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,540 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Its not acceptable that boi are upping their fees at this moment in time full stop.Are you happy now killbill.

When this crisis is over ,move all your banking away from BoI.Thats the only thing that matters to them ,no point crying about it online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

McGaggs wrote: »
    Probably about right, an increase in line with the dangers of handling contaminated cash

It's nothing to do with the current virus situation, it's just a badly timed introduction of yet more new fees. No more and no less.

Ger Roe wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with the current virus situation, it's just a badly timed introduction of yet more new fees. No more and no less.
    Yes exactly it should not be allowed to happen in the current crisis.we have not seen anything yet we are all going to have to play our part to recover from this and upping charges is not going to help anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

You're*

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    You're*

I think at this moment in time people should be more worried about their survival and the survial of their older and vulnerable realatives and friends than about proper english grammer obviously you have nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Good move by the banks.

Haven't Bank of Ireland froze fees on çontactless

All fees should be frozen across the board not give it with one hand and take it with the other thats pure hypocrisy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,139 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

easypazz wrote:
    Just get a card machine.

I gave my card machine back. Costing us 60 to 70 euros per month rental and fees. Cash, cheques and bank transfers now & am saving a small fortune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,139 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

easypazz wrote:

My business gets 5 to 10 cheques per week. There's still a lot of people who do not use cards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

I think at this moment in time people should be more worried about their survival and the survial of their older and vulnerable realatives and friends than about proper english grammer obviously you have nothing to worry about

I think at this moment in time people should be more worried about their survival and the survial of their older and vulnerable realatives and friends than crying about increases in a business account fees of a couple of cent

Obviously you've nothing to worry about

Advertisement