Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pixelization and Interference on Saorview

• 22-03-2020 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys - just wondering is anyone noticing picture breakup on RTE NEWS NOW - and some of the other Saorview Services (not all are effected) - My Transmitter is 3Rock - i know we all have a lot on our plates but i wanted to check this as iv been glued to RTE NEWS, and this is becoming quite regular now

I have attempted to eliminate all local possibilities (boiler, microwave, fridge, other electronics)

Baring the possibility that my neighbor has a new piece of equipment that is causing this, i cannot see any local possibility that would indicate the source

I should also point out that i have an Android App Signal meter, which does not register the interference in a BER sense of the word - it was reading Full Strength/Quality with 0% BER while RTE NEWS was glitching quite obviously

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is RTE2 ok, that's on the same MUX so would have expected that to also be problematic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

liamtech wrote: »
    Hi Guys - just wondering is anyone noticing picture breakup on RTE NEWS NOW - and some of the other Saorview Services (not all are effected) - My Transmitter is 3Rock - i know we all have a lot on our plates but i wanted to check this as iv been glued to RTE NEWS, and this is becoming quite regular now

I have attempted to eliminate all local possibilities (boiler, microwave, fridge, other electronics)

Baring the possibility that my neighbor has a new piece of equipment that is causing this, i cannot see any local possibility that would indicate the source

I should also point out that i have an Android App Signal meter, which does not register the interference in a BER sense of the word - it was reading Full Strength/Quality with 0% BER while RTE NEWS was glitching quite obviously
    Im seeing something similar here in wicklow
    I get 100% signal on RTE2
    But getting picture breakup and intermittent signal of 20 - 100% on RTE 1

Posted this yesterday
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056057752&page=94

Advertisement