Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were to purchase 18.6.12 fertiliser?

Options
  • 22-03-2020 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,
    I planted a number of mature Portuguese laurel trees last year and they're not doing well at the minute. They've lost a fair bit foliage and have shot hole. I've been told to use 18-6-12 fertiliser on them but it doesn't seem to be readily available in garden centres. Were can it be purchased?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

Hi,
    I planted a number of mature Portuguese laurel trees last year and they're not doing well at the minute. They've lost a fair bit foliage and have shot hole. I've been told to use 18-6-12 fertiliser on them but it doesn't seem to be readily available in garden centres. Were can it be purchased?

First of all you will get it in any farm shop

But mind the 18 6 12 it's for grass but i see why you would be using it for foliage ask about 10 10 20

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JOHN.DREW1983

haybob wrote: »
    First of all you will get it in any farm shop

But mind the 18 6 12 it's for grass but i see why you would be using it for foliage ask about 10 10 20

I currently have chicken manure and mulch them with some bark until the middle of April and then use 18 6 12 three hand fulls every 3 weeks. So you would recommend use the 10 10 20 instead?

Trees were expensive really want to give them the best chance

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

I don't know what to recommend 18 6 12 has more
    Nitrogen that 10 10 20 and nitrogen is for leaf growth

Advertisement