Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 controllers worn joysticks

Options
  • 22-03-2020 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Haven’t played it in ages but I want to play The Last Of Us Again.

What’s the best plan here. Both controllers are worn badly and usb have to be wiggled to get them charging.

Do I just buy new controllers altogether, or try replace the sticks and buy a charging stand.

I think I read some V2 are giving trouble. Mine are v1 .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You can charge a DS4 from either the USB port on the bakc or the other port beside the 3.5 jack. Some stands do one or the other so you could get a stand that used this other port. A lot of the time it might just be the combination of a worn usb port and a worn usb cable, might try another cable which might work.

You can buy replacement parts online, for the sticks sometimes it's just dirt in them causing issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

Varik wrote: »
    You can charge a DS4 from either the USB port on the bakc or the other port beside the 3.5 jack. Some stands do one or the other so you could get a stand that used this other port. A lot of the time it might just be the combination of a worn usb port and a worn usb cable, might try another cable which might work.

You can buy replacement parts online, for the sticks sometimes it's just dirt in them causing issues.

Oh I mean the joysticks are totally pealed. Rubber has come off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Robbie G wrote: »
    Oh I mean the joysticks are totally pealed. Rubber has come off them.

You can buy new stick for little, or get the covers and just stuff them until they hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Just buy a new one you will get more life out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

You can install Xbox One thumbsticks in a DS4, I've done this on every controller I've owned. If you go the charging stand route be careful as they are not all that rugged.

• Advertisement
Advertisement