Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Insurance - Buy To Let (With Mortgage)

• 22-03-2020 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

What insurance companies offer building insurance to owners of buy to let apartments which has a mortgage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭kravmaga

You mean the Apartment block policy which covers the buildings?

Or do you mean the contents insurance only for apartment.

What I would do is contact the current management company who manage the apartments and ask them what is the name of the Insurance company for the block policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 kbacc

I'm considering a buy to let investment and am just putting together a budget.

So basically part of the management fee goes towards 'block insurance' and I can claim for any damage to the apartment through this policy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭kravmaga

kbacc wrote: »
    I'm considering a buy to let investment and am just putting together a budget.

So basically part of the management fee goes towards 'block insurance' and I can claim for any damage to the apartment through this policy?

Yes once you are paying the management fee, they will have an insurer who take out the block policy for the building.

This should all be explained to you in advance by your solicitor though.?

You can also take out contents only insurance for whats inside the walls of your apartment, tv, sofa, electrical appliances,accidental damage etc

Advertisement