Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ethically, can I remove unsubscribe option on an internal newsletter?

• 23-03-2020 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I send out an internal newsletter to all my staff using a mailing list that everyone in the company is included on. However, the mailing lists keeps on becoming "unsubscribed" from the audience. My thinking is that some staff members are unsubscribing from the mailing list.

My question is, is it ethical to remove an unsubscribe option from an internal newsletter? This newsletter is how I let staff know about upcoming opportunities, job openings, introduce new staff members, and good news regarding the company and I would rather all staff receive it.

Note: I had this posted on a different forum previously but thought this one might be more accurate.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Not unethical at all.

And I’d be letting staff know that the expectation is that these newsletters are read as they contain important company information.

I’d also look at other ways of imparting this info, could you introduce team huddles or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Leo64

Thanks for your reply. I usually send out company-wide emails as information comes to me but the newsletter is just useful for amassing it all in one space (with additional info as well). I do inform staff when first hired that we send info through the newsletters but I'm sure there's a few who don't bother reading it. I may look into other ways to disperse the info too.

Advertisement