Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass maintenance

Options
  • 23-03-2020 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi all, sorry if there is a thread for this already but i'll start here.

I recently moved into a house and the grass out the back was quite long, cut it for the first time last weekend but the grass seems to be quite yellow, i cut it on the highest setting in the lawnmower but just wondering if it is just a matter of leaving it grow a bit and getting some rain?

i will add photos later if needed

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

best bet is to leave it for now - if it had grown long, you will get yellowing near the roots. as that grass now gets more light, it should green up.
    cut it maybe once a week with the mower on its highest setting and it'll probably come right.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Yea.
    Just keep cutting it at the current setting and new grass will come green.
    The yellowing is just from lack of sunlight with the thick cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

thanks for that, would it be worth getting a napsack sprayer and spraying some sort of grass food on it too or would it be necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

You could.
    There are granular feeds that are more convenient to use. Little and often is the best advice for feeding lawns

Regular mowing.

Advertisement