Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sophos Alert! cloud-miners.eu

Options
  • 23-03-2020 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I'm in little trouble.

Newly installed Win10Pro PC (jus couple of day's ago) legal OS not pirated version. Just transferred data over and browsed around.

Now
    When I start my PC more or less immediately comes up blue alert -
    Sophos Home
    Website Blocked
    Access blocked to high risk website "cloud-miner.eu"

And thats happening without opening any browser at all, so something must be sitting inside my Windows to trigger that response.

Googled, no info related to the issue.

That warning appears every few minutes top of the right corner of the screen

I am very tempted to re-install Windows, however there must be some sort of cure for this ( or so I hope)

Any thoughts?

Screenshot-2020-03-23-09-57-32.png

Warning-Pic.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Go back over what you installed, its got to be some plugin(chrome runs even when not open) or application trying to call out via javascript.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

1) Run a scan in Sophos Home and check the report.
    2) Open Task Manager and check the items running at startup. If there's anything in there you don't recognise, disable it. If that prevents the issue, sorted.
    3) Clear cache locations for browsers (including checking Appdata directory in your user profile for Chrome etc).

Advertisement