Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

briggs and stratton 450e squirting petrol

Options
  • 23-03-2020 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Looking for some advice. This is a message sent to me from the father in law who is in rural Ireland until the Carona Virus slows down. Maybe someone can pass on some advice on a problem he is having with his briggs and stratton 450e lawnmower (pic attached). I think its only new.

The problem as he describes it...

"its not firing. When I press the primer button I can see petrol squirting put the white nipple. I'm not sure if I am missing a small tube from the nipple which is coming from the red buttoned primer but I cannot see where it might attach to. There are no tubes left over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

Mods, is this the correct place for this question? Would it better suited to this location? Motoring & Transport Motors

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Whitman45

look's like he is missing a pipe from the white nipple to the carb. where is he located? if close I could have a quick look.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

Whitman45 wrote: »
    look's like he is missing a pipe from the white nipple to the carb. where is he located? if close I could have a quick look.

Ahh he is down in Roscommon. Is there a diagram of where the pipe should go anywhere? I cant locate it online and he cant seem to find where it would go.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

teflon wrote: »
    Looking for some advice. This is a message sent to me from the father in law who is in rural Ireland until the Carona Virus slows down. Maybe someone can pass on some advice on a problem he is having with his briggs and stratton 450e lawnmower (pic attached). I think its only new.

The problem as he describes it...

"its not firing. When I press the primer button I can see petrol squirting put the white nipple. I'm not sure if I am missing a small tube from the nipple which is coming from the red buttoned primer but I cannot see where it might attach to. There are no tubes left over.

I have same engine and checked. My doesn't have any pipe missing. It is the same as yours

Advertisement