Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garmin H R M not working

Options
  • 23-03-2020 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I think my garmin heart rate strap has packed it in.
    i have changed the battery in it but ( a few diff ones ) it still wont connect to my watch 920xt.
    Is there a life span and is just time to get a new one. its about 4 years old.
    Thanks
    also advice on a new one if i do need one.
    are the garmin ant as i cant connected it my phone when on zwift.
    Are they any that are bluetooth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

You are doing well to get 4 yrs (presuming frequent enough use?), mine normally die around 1.5 - 2 year mark (daily use, frequent non-bio washing and washdown after every use).

Is the strap coming apart or are there any signs of "rust" on the electrodes? Mine normally just fall apart - the plasticy part detaches from the fabric. Ive just one where the electrodes went orange (like a rust colour) but it had been checked with the monitor and all in a wash by mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dickidy

yeh i use it for most run a bike workouts.
    its never been in the washing machine and get a run under the tap but not the main part.
    there are no signs of wear and tear. its been playing up for a few weeks so maybe one omre battery and try and if that fails then i will get a new one .
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭T5180

You could try resetting it .If you remove the battery and refit it upside down , leave it in place for about 20 seconds and then refit the correct way round . By doing this the battery case shorts out the - &+ connections . Delete it from the device and then re- pair . I`ve done it a few times and it works .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

If the strap is skanky dirty then that can affect it. Take the electronic bit off and give the strap a good handwash.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Moonfruit

Great advice from the previous messages. Usually the strap is the problem with the Garmin from my experience. I actually got a polar strap and used it with the Garmin sensor and it worked fine. Since then I got a wahoo tickr and after 3 years I have had no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dickidy

ok so i have tried all of the above and nothing working.
    so now oii am looking for recommendation for a new one with both bluetooth and ant capabilities.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

dickidy wrote: »
    ok so i have tried all of the above and nothing working.
    so now oii am looking for recommendation for a new one with both bluetooth and ant capabilities.
    Thanks

New garmin dual is nice. no running metrics but as a BT and ANT HRM its good

Advertisement