Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedge Trimmer Brand

Options
  • 23-03-2020 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

So im looking for advice on which double sided 24" petrol Hedge trimmer to buy,i have alot of Stihl stuff already.So my preferred options are

Stihl HS45 / TANAKA TCH22EBP2 or equivalent to STIHL HS45 / SHINDAIWA equivalent or even an ECHO TRIMMER

So although i love the stihl stuff im reading and finding out that alot of entry level Stihl is made in China,My MS180 chainsaw which is a hobby saw is good,but i find its difficult to start on occasions and not what id expect from Stihl,not sure their entry level stuff has the reliability of the semi pro and pro Stihl stuff.So should i look at Tanaka or Shindaiwa hedge trimmers and how do i find out if their entry level stuff is made in China ,or is actually assembled in Japan and quality controlled there.Also finidng it difficult to find an agent for Shindaiwa in Meath / Leinster. Any advive on entry model hedge trimmers.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I have a Maruyama HT236DV-8. It's an absolute beast. Its pro gear and expensive but you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭blackbox

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    I have a Maruyama HT236DV-8. It's an absolute beast. Its pro gear and expensive but you get what you pay for.

I have a Stihl HS45. It's a solidly built machine. My only criticism is that it is harder to start than some cheap Chinese kit that I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

Andy-Pandy wrote: »

Thanks Andy,Just looking at their kit here on Lysterlawnmowers,they seem to be irish agent.Nice machines,are they built in Japan,im looking at entey models as its only for domestic use ,50 metres of portugese hedging and few other bits around the garden,im looking at 200-400 euro bracket,i cant justify the pro stuff or price.How.mich was HT236?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

blackbox wrote: »
    I have a Stihl HS45. It's a solidly built machine. My only criticism is that it is harder to start than some cheap Chinese kit that I have.

Thats exactly it ,i love my MS180 chainsaw once its going but a nigtmare to start,just dont think the entry level Stihl stuff is what it use to be.Having said that easy to get parts and service and machines are sturdy built,i think the issue is the carbs.Would you recommend the HS45,plenty of power for Domestic use?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭blackbox

bazbrady wrote: »
    Thats exactly it ,i love my MS180 chainsaw once its going but a nigtmare to start,just dont think the entry level Stihl stuff is what it use to be.Having said that easy to get parts and service and machines are sturdy built,i think the issue is the carbs.Would you recommend the HS45,plenty of power for Domestic use?

Yes, plenty of power. Tackles thick hedges.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a nightmare to start, but it needs a strong pull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

I know a dealer who no longers stocks Tanaka,as thya have gone chinese as well and quality not as good he maintains?
    My long reach is ill as well, but leaning towards cordless myself. Stihl HLA65 leading the race at the minute, far cheaper in the UK than here as well, nothing new there then

Advertisement