Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir FTTH Static IP with using own router

Options
  • 23-03-2020 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a static IP from Eir which was working well with Eir's F2000 modem/router.

Over the weekend, I removed the F2000 and started using my router (Ubiquiti Dream machine), the new setup is working well apart from the static IP.

I've tried changing the mac address, but with no luck.

I have called Eir (but they are swamped at the moment) and didn't spend long looking into it.

Any tips would be much appreciated,

Thank you.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are you doing IPoE or PPPoE? It used to be the case that you had to use PPPoE to call the BRAS to retrieve your static as the local aggregators were unaware. Not sure if thats still current but I suspect it may.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭unnamed

Hi,

Thank you; that worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭lotas

unnamed wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you; that worked perfectly.

just to confirm, since i will be in the same boat in a few weeks, just connecting over PPPoE gets you hooked up with your static IP? that correct?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭unnamed

Hi,

Yes,
    PPPoE, eircom@eircom.net/broadband1 (I'm not sure if that is needed anymore), if you are not using the Eir modem and you have FTTH you'll need to set the VLAN to 10.

It worked for me first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭lotas

Cool. Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement