Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treehouse overlooking garden

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,622 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The aggravating thing is that to put up a wall/fence high enough to screen it you would be way over the allowed fence height for a back garden. It seems petty to argue over a kids playhouse, but it is an eyesore, I would not be impressed at having it stuck in my eye-line. If they were reasonable they would have put it more to the centre of the garden so that it was marginally less obtrusive.

I don't think I would be inclined to pay several hundred euro to put in a single tree though. Even one of those silver birches I mentioned would break up the outline of it, which is what is most important. You also need to know what direction the garden is facing - which garden is blessed by the massive shadow that thing would cast? There are any number of tree types you could put in, but I would suggest you do not go for solid blocking, just break up the shape of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,182 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

^ it really is a totally unsuitable structure for the type/size of garden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

OP, as another poster here said its a shed on stilts, Id say its in breach of planning permission laws, its not a temporary building, looks to be fixed in a permanent position.

Its absolutely hideous looking, deffo plant a tree to block that monstrosity from your field of vision

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Beebe

wardides wrote: »
    [PHP][/PHP]

Absolutely not committed to just a tree, would be open to any solution. Tried to look at trellis but could not really find any to suit. Definitely would be open to some recommendations.

Hi, I’m just wondering if you have come up with a solution to your “treehouse” problem? We have the same problem except our next door neighbours treehouse is facing in towards our house and only about 1m from the boundary wall. It has really reduced our privacy since they put it up! We are now thinking we may need to spend some money on a mature tree too.

Advertisement