Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless laser printer and scanner

Options
  • 23-03-2020 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭

Hi all -

With this new working from home and some companies / organisations still refusing to move away from paper, I need a wireless printer / scanner.

I'd prefer laser & it would ideally be colour too.

I've no idea what to look for (I've just used whatever is in work for the last 10 years) so any help appreciated. Will likely buy from Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I would highly recommend an HP Multifunction Laserjet for any home/home office. For example, this one.
    I got mine in 2014, and it's still working perfectly. The supplies cost a lot, but they last a very long time. Quality is great, and the only problems mine has are low printing speed, and low paper capacity, neither of which are a blocker. Anyone in the house can print from any device, software is easy to install. The printer has a web interface for administration, and even allows you to order toner when you're running low. I prefer to buy from hpshop myself, and they also help with recycling old toner cartridges.

One thing I do though is never ever use crappy paper. I always buy good quality paper, preferably 100gsm. Found a special offer in Curry's once, bought a box of 5 x 500 sheets, and it will last me a long time, while also keeping the printer in good working order.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 AaronMic95

Ricoh printers are also a good choice for setting up a home office. This is a practical choice if other people in your household would use the printer as well since these printers have good ratings on quality, durability and print volume. They also have your required features namely wireless, laser, colour and multi-function. Warranties and maintenance services are pretty good nowadays anyway so you wouldn't have to worry about that.

I decided to get one for my wife and I as well due to this pandemic and it's working quite well. We also previously depended on the equipment in the office mainly. It's tough that we have to make these adjustments, but I guess it's better to invest on them now. It seems like working from home will be the new normal even if the pandemic is over. Anyway, good luck with your printer hunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I bought one of these about 5 years ago off Gumtree for £50 as the OH is a teacher and our cheap inkjet printer wasn't up to the job.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-LaserJet-M177fw-Multifunction-Printer-Black/dp/B00EPGGVR6

Its still going strong, load of use and cartridges are cheap to buy if you don't the branded ones.

Advertisement