Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to my wifi network to see camera feed

Options
  • 23-03-2020 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi - I have a 4 camera 'alhua' (brand name) security system at home. It connects to a mobile app called iDMSS Plus, so that when I'm on my wifi network, I can see the feed from the camera's. It works well.

But I can't see the feed when I'm outside the house (as I'm not connected to my wifi network, I'm connected to a mobile network). My question is - how can I connect to my wifi network from outside the house? I'm a Virgin Media customer, I have asked them but got no answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

You need to open a port on your router to see the cams/DVR from outside your network. On wifi you are inside your network. Some other experts on here might be able to tell you how to do this. Its easy enough but I'm not an expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

HuManIRL wrote: »
    Hi - I have a 4 camera 'alhua' (brand name) security system at home. It connects to a mobile app called iDMSS Plus, so that when I'm on my wifi network, I can see the feed from the camera's. It works well.

But I can't see the feed when I'm outside the house (as I'm not connected to my wifi network, I'm connected to a mobile network). My question is - how can I connect to my wifi network from outside the house? I'm a Virgin Media customer, I have asked them but got no answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

As wait4me says it more than likely down to port forwarding on the router, especially if you can see it when connected to the local network.
    You could also see if there is a cloud service on the system and connect using this. This should not require port forwarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭pegasuspub

if you set up the dahua dvr with p2p you do not need to worry about port forwarding as far as i remember, i wonder if you check in the settings of the app is it there any chance its set up on ip/domain, ie set up to work on a local ip address through your router, there is an option there to change it to p2p option,
    i set up one of these as a calving system and initially set it up for p2p which allowed remote viewing, for some reason unknown to me the app changed to ip login after about a month and i could only login when on my wifi, i had to set up the app again for the p2p option and all was ok

Advertisement