Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Since when did bank of Ireland refused coin bags.

Options
  • 23-03-2020 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Today I was going to deposit bags of coins at the bank and social distance is in effect so you had to line up outside the bank and wait as they are letting one person in at a time. I presume it was the branch manager who was outside asking what you needed done, he came up to me and asked what do you need done today and I told him to lodge some coins then he replied we dont do anything like that. The funny thing is I deposited coins four days earlier. The man didn't even give a reason why.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Alexa,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I’m sorry to hear this has been your experience with us. Can I ask what branch this took place at? We would have a number of Advice and Self-Service branches that would not have a cashier facility to accept and cash/coins.

I have attached a link below to our Branch Locator, this will help in finding a Cash Service Branch convenient to you.

Thanks, Aisling

https://www.bankofireland.com/branch-locator/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Alexa45

This happened at the magherafelt branch which had taken my coins before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Thanks for getting back to us here Alexa.

I’m very sorry to hear this. Please be asssured I will raise this with the branch and will certainly pass this on as feedback on your behalf.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Alexa45

Thank you

Advertisement