Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi mi 10 or Samsung S10

• 23-03-2020 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I’m looking into upgrading my phone at the moment .

I currently have a dual sim Samsung S5 which I bought from eGlobal many moons ago . It is still going strong but feel the itch to change. After about 5 years it has served me very well.

I am considering the dual sim versions of the above two phones.

Anyone advise which is the better option . I use one of the sims for work so the phone needs to be dependable.

Thanks
    Barr:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

Barr wrote: »
    Hi All

I’m looking into upgrading my phone at the moment .

I currently have a dual sim Samsung S5 which I bought from eGlobal many moons ago . It is still going strong but feel the itch to change. After about 5 years it has served me very well.

I am considering the dual sim versions of the above two phones.

Anyone advise which is the better option . I use one of the sims for work so the phone needs to be dependable.

Thanks
    Barr:)
    I'd opt for the mi 10 ,bit biased true, having had many mi phone's, 📷 better, lovely screen, dependable

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭King_Joffery

I'm interested in in the mi 10 pro ,I take it that they are not available to buy yet?? Where is the best place to pick one up when they are available???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I'd opt for the mi 10 ,bit biased true, having had many mi phone's, �� better, lovely screen, dependable

I have no experience of them at all . Are Xiaomi phones officially sold here ?

Does 4G work on all the networks here .

Suppose my main concern is if they get updates etc like Samsung.

I'm interested in in the mi 10 pro ,I take it that they are not available to buy yet?? Where is the best place to pick one up when they are available???

Their line up seems a little odd .The pro version has a better camera , yet they have given it a smaller battery :confused:

Just seen this article .

https://www.gizchina.com/2020/03/24/xiaomi-mi-10-will-cost-700-820in-uk/

Given the prices mentioned , this has made the decision for me. The S10 looks way better value .

• Advertisement

I have no experience of them at all . Are Xiaomi phones officially sold here ?

Does 4G work on all the networks here .

Suppose my main concern is if they get updates etc like Samsung.

Yes, no ( officially) and no

Yes, no ( officially) and no

Just to make sure I'm reading that right

officially sold here ? "Yes "

Does 4G work on all the networks here "No "

Suppose my main concern is if they get updates etc like Samsung."No"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭irishchris

Just to add to that second question. The mi 10 global which is launching on Friday has all the bands for Irish operators 4g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Just to make sure I'm reading that right

officially sold here ? "Yes

Does 4G work on all the networks here "No "

Suppose my main concern is if they get updates etc like Samsung."No"

You will be able to buy off Amazon UK/Spain after Europe launce tomorrow. Regular updates, Xiaomi are excellent at this. 4G/5G will work on all Irish networks on Global version once it is launched tomorrow. The Pro version has a slight smaller batter but also has 50w charging vs 30w changing on the non Pro version,thats the trade off. Have has a Mi Mix phones from Xiaomi and they are excellent.

Thanks guys , I'll keep an eye out for the Global version .. seems more suited to what I'm after.

• Advertisement

HeyCelia wrote: »
    Hi friend,

You may try Huawei P40 series. Today is the global launch event and may ready in Ireland market on 7-Apr.

I was surprized by the amazing camera by capturing photos and videos anytime and anywhere you want, and the innovative design!
    Sugguest see more then decide.

You may find it from retail stores Three,Eir,Tesco, or Carphone onlineshop

Opinions are welcome, let's share! ^_^

Nice advert :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Just ordered a mi note 10 this morning without realising the mi 10 is getting released today, what's the price going to be for it? Ordered the mi note 10 for 400euro

Just ordered a mi note 10 this morning without realising the mi 10 is getting released today, what's the price going to be for it? Ordered the mi note 10 for 400euro

Mi note 10 is a good phone, great screen,photos,etc,much cheaper than the mi 10,I've mine since it came out - no issues whatsoever

Wow those prices are insane compared to the Chinese model. Standard version starting at €799 and Pro at €999. Lite is €349

https://twitter.com/GadgetsFlix/status/1243543614598283267?s=19

Wow those prices are insane compared to the Chinese model. Standard version starting at €799 and Pro at €999. Lite is €349

https://twitter.com/GadgetsFlix/status/1243543614598283267?s=19

They make the S10 seem like a bargain now

whoa sticking with the mi note 10 it seems :D

Mi note 10 is a good phone, great screen,photos,etc,much cheaper than the mi 10,I've mine since it came out - no issues whatsoever

how do you find the chipset, im coming from a razer phone 1 with a snapdragon 835, its the only aspect of the phone im iffy about really.

The mi 10 global is available here for 676. Wonder how reliable they are that this is global version with band 20 lte? https://m.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009368896655.html?wid=1349303&lkid=7562539

irishchris wrote: »
    The mi 10 global is available here for 676. Wonder how reliable they are that this is global version with band 20 lte? https://m.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009368896655.html?wid=1349303&lkid=7562539

Could be legit, if you get caught for VAT you at the advertised price. Will be buying the global version from China hoping not to get stung for Vat.

Could be legit, if you get caught for VAT you at the advertised price. Will be buying the global version from China hoping not to get stung for Vat.

Same on ali

https://a.aliexpress.com/_d7fK822

• Advertisement

At that price the phone would make a lot more sense

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HeyCelia

haha, still found Huawei P40 P40 PRO more fantasic...
    camera, design, tech...

camera, design, tech...

Can you please bugger off or at least admit your ties to Huawei before posting.

camera, design, tech...

:rolleyes:

how do you find the chipset, im coming from a razer phone 1 with a snapdragon 835, its the only aspect of the phone im iffy about really.

No sweat,I don't game but heavy on Netflix,etc, smooth

:rolleyes:

Mi note 10 -105mp

I purchased the mi10 for 676 yesterday but noticed it's down to 657 today with coupon. Wish I had waited now but hey ho.

I purchased the mi10 for 676 yesterday but noticed it's down to 657 today with coupon. Wish I had waited now but hey ho.

Where did you end up buying from?

Where did you end up buying from?

Gearbest.they have 1000 global models on sale but hadn't expected them to further drop price so little miffed I didn't wait until today.

• Advertisement

Gearbest.they have 1000 global models on sale but hadn't expected them to further drop price so little miffed I didn't wait until today.

Is gearbest likely to get stung for Vat. How long is shipping? Going to wait out to see if the likes of HongKong Goldway on Ali get them in stock. Might go for the Pro version depending on price.

Is gearbest likely to get stung for Vat. How long is shipping? Going to wait out to see if the likes of HongKong Goldway on Ali get them in stock. Might go for the Pro version depending on price.

Got away with 3 items ,stung for one ,3 years ago,GB is slow, customer care awful,but not as bad as eglobal

Got away with 3 items ,stung for one ,3 years ago,GB is slow, customer care awful,but not as bad as eglobal

First time buying off them so bit worried with it being a high value item. Says expected shipping date 6-8th April which is the same day launch by xiaomi in Europe. Wondering what's the chances of it being shipped on the date they say. When you were saying they are slow, was that to dispatch order or the shipping from them as I picked express DHL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Didnt realise this was available. I have been holding out for this. Undecided on standard or pro version at the moment. Dont see any pro versions for sale yet anyway

First time buying off them so bit worried with it being a high value item. Says expected shipping date 6-8th April which is the same day launch by xiaomi in Europe. Wondering what's the chances of it being shipped on the date they say. When you were saying they are slow, was that to dispatch order or the shipping from them as I picked express DHL

Express shipping should be ok,my stuff came eventually but trying to track it was impossible and their customer care wouldn't reply or furnish me with a proper tracking number

Let us know how you got on , I would be interested in hearing back .

• Advertisement

Let us know how you got on , I would be interested in hearing back .

Will do, it's scheduled for dispatching on Friday so will see if that happens. Just hoping that I don't get stuff for too much duty. Anyone any experience if higher end costs/duty through gearbest. What would be the estimated duty/vat due?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

So it turns out that the MI 10/ MI 10 Pro global versions aren't dual sim.

So it turns out that the MI 10/ MI 10 Pro global versions aren't dual sim.

Ahh .. ffs , thats them off my new phone list.

Ahh .. ffs , thats them off my new phone list.

Yeah, I ordered mi 10 pro on Friday from Amazon.es, had to cancel today.

Dual SIM that important? some of my mi phones were dual,never used second sim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Only one I see is the package deal with earphones and smart watch for E999. Anyone just selling the phone itself?

Only one I see is the package deal with earphones and smart watch for E999. Anyone just selling the phone itself?

The package was what i'd ordered, it works out at €928. When you go to order, there's a €100 discount and then €28 for delivery.

The package was what i'd ordered, it works out at €928. When you go to order, there's a €100 discount and then €28 for delivery.

Good price compared to others. I'm between pulling the trigger on this and waiting to see if Ali sellers get more stock with the price going down.

Why does the price go up by €15 when you get to checkout. Should this not be €999-€100 plus €8.14 for shipping?

IMG-20200407-170929.jpg
    IMG-20200407-165839.jpg

Why does the price go up by €15 when you get to checkout. Should this not be €999-€100 plus €8.14 for shipping?

IMG-20200407-170929.jpg
    IMG-20200407-165839.jpg

Different VAT rates generally account for those.

On Trading Shenzhen, Non Pro version from EU Warehouse for €627.Gonna cancel the Pro version from Amazon and get this. Anyone used them before, reviews seem alright.

https://tradingshenzhen.com/en/xiaomi-mi-10-mi-10-pro/2221-xiaomi-mi105g-8gb-128gb-chn.html

On Trading Shenzhen, Non Pro version from EU Warehouse for €627.Gonna cancel the Pro version from Amazon and get this. Anyone used them before, reviews seem alright.

https://tradingshenzhen.com/en/xiaomi-mi-10-mi-10-pro/2221-xiaomi-mi105g-8gb-128gb-chn.html

I've not bought from them, but some of the reviewers on Youtube seem to rate them as OK, I think MKBD and a few more of them got early CN versions of the Mi 10 from them.

Dual SIM is a requirement for me, and the only Dual SIM from there is the CN version which doesn't have Band 20 for 4g.

I've not bought from them, but some of the reviewers on Youtube seem to rate them as OK, I think MKBD and a few more of them got early CN versions of the Mi 10 from them.

Dual SIM is a requirement for me, and the only Dual SIM from there is the CN version which doesn't have Band 20 for 4g.

I wonder does the EU warehouse definately shipped from EU and thus no extra VAT charges.

I wonder does the EU warehouse definately shipped from EU and thus no extra VAT charges.

I'd say so, Gearbest, Bangood and Geekbuying offer this as well. I bought a Mi Box from one of them about a year ago, needed it in a hurry so got it from the EU warehouse, it arrived in a few days, VAT paid. It was a few euros dearer than the CN or HK pricing.

Wish I had seen this sooner. That's a cracking price from an eu warehouse. Showing out of stock now, was it in stock when you checked and did you order it from them?

• Advertisement
Advertisement