Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi mi 10 or Samsung S10

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sth_safal

irishchris wrote: »
    Nice one, that was quick delivery! Was hoping would come with screen protector in our with it as the ones I ordered from China don't look like arriving any time soon!

Yeah. I didn't expect either. Shipping was very fast. Kudos to amazon for that.

I thought it came with a screen protector as the reviews on YouTube suggested, but it didn't. I had an eye on amazon UK for one but its out of stock now.

Wireless charging with 15 watt huawei wireless charger is very slow. :( charges at 5W imo.

Battery seems very very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

sth_safal wrote: »
    Yeah. I didn't expect either. Shipping was very fast. Kudos to amazon for that.

I thought it came with a screen protector as the reviews on YouTube suggested, but it didn't. I had an eye on amazon UK for one but its out of stock now.

Wireless charging with 15 watt huawei wireless charger is very slow. :( charges at 5W imo.

Battery seems very very good.

Seen some reports of this.Did you download ampere to check charging speed. My 10w Mi pad has it charging at 1600ma which isn't great.Not the worst tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭irishchris

from what i read huawei have propietry charger so 15w for their phone but 5w for all other devices

from what i read huawei have propietry charger so 15w for their phone but 5w for all other devices

Hmm. Note 9 seems to charge at 10W.

Yes checked with Ampere. Its almost 1 Amp. Could be the wireless charger though if it charges at 1700 mah for you.

One serious issue, the camera reverts to seriouy low fps in view finder when in low light. Instagram camera mode becomes unbearable. :( Hope they can fix this with Software Update.

However good thing is I found a good port of GCam which improves colour and details alot.

How are the phones holding up after few days of usage lads? Mine in uk now so hopefully here by Tuesday

How are the phones holding up after few days of usage lads? Mine in uk now so hopefully here by Tuesday

Its good. Getting almost 10 hrs battery with normal usage. Even with some gaming, It's around 7hrs.

I am pissed off at xiaomi for not enabling slow mo for Mi 10, not even 240 or 480. That sucks.

Vlog mode is great. Haptic are good and enabled for swipes and stuff. Getting used to with display picture profile now. DCI P3 with a bit extra saturation works great for me. Loads of fine tuning option available for the color profile.

AOD seems to drain battery a bit extra. Stand by also drains about 1 percent an hour for some reason.

Charges at 18w with my QC4 enabled charger. 18w with Macbook charger as well. I expected higher charger rate but its okay.

I saw someone saying Dual Sim as ROM issue than hardware so hopefully someone can find a way to enable it. :)

The only serious issue is the low fps/lag on camera app/third party app like Instagram in low light. Also ultra wide camera is unusable in low light and no night mode either for it.

Edit: Also coordinating with Energy Ring app developer to get it out for the Mi 10.

I saw someone saying Dual Sim as ROM issue than hardware so hopefully someone can find a way to enable it. :)

Keep an eye on https://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-10/help/mi10-pro-global-version-dual-sim-version-t4075263/page6.Latest update showing 2 IMEI now with the EU Rom. The guy is just waiting on a dual some tray from Ali to complete testing.

Keep an eye on https://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-10/help/mi10-pro-global-version-dual-sim-version-t4075263/page6.Latest update showing 2 IMEI now with the EU Rom. The guy is just waiting on a dual some tray from Ali to complete testing.

Yeah, great stuff. I used to have xiaomi.eu Rom on K20 Pro. It was a bit of pain to get Google pay to work on it.

Would love to have Dual Sim but don't want to loose Google Pay either. I wonder if it will launch in India with Dual Sim and we could use its firmware.

I might order a Dual Sim Try as well now as it will take a while to get here.

• Advertisement

Yeah, great stuff. I used to have xiaomi.eu Rom on K20 Pro. It was a bit of pain to get Google pay to work on it.

Would love to have Dual Sim but don't want to loose Google Pay either. I wonder if it will launch in India with Dual Sim and we could use its firmware.

I might order a Dual Sim Try as well now as it will take a while to get here.

AFAIK Magisk will still work for Google pay on the EU Rom.Could be no harm to order the tray,there probably pretty cheap.

Back in stock on Trading Shenzhen EU Warehouse. Increased by €20 but still a great price.

https://tradingshenzhen.com/en/xiaomi-mi-10-mi-10-pro/2221-xiaomi-mi105g-8gb-128gb-global.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Cyrus wrote: »

It took me ages to figure this out as well :)

The "note" version is a lower spec phone .

The Mi 10 has recently launched to the market.

Received my mi 10 today and have to say it is an absolute beast of a phone. Screen on it is amazing. I'm coming from a redmi note 5 so the difference is massive. Really impressed with it and also the mi true 2 wireless headphones are superb too. Definitely worth the wait

Received my mi 10 today and have to say it is an absolute beast of a phone. Screen on it is amazing. I'm coming from a redmi note 5 so the difference is massive. Really impressed with it and also the mi true 2 wireless headphones are superb too. Definitely worth the wait

Finally. :D

I ordered the Dual Sim adapter from Ali express today, just a couple of euros. Miui 12 looks great as well.

Enjoy the phone. :)

Anyone else find a way to get netflix to play in full screen. Really annoying having a quarter of screen missing with black bars. Same with prime

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Anyone else find a way to get netflix to play in full screen. Really annoying having a quarter of screen missing with black bars. Same with prime

On my OnePlus 8 and pixel 3xl at least you have to pinch and zoom in the screen, same for youtube. It does crop some of the picture though.

I think you can go to settings - display - notch and enable it for netflix/prime. It hides it my default creating that black bar.

I think you can go to settings - display - notch and enable it for netflix/prime. It hides it my default creating that black bar.

Cheers had changed that setting alright but that notch bar is tiny compared to the big black bars that are existing at minute on both sides of screen. Most movies in netflix are full screen but most TV shows are cropped. Assuming it is aspect ratio

• Advertisement

I ordered the Dual Sim adapter from Ali express today, just a couple of euros. Miui 12 looks great as well.

A couple have people have tested the dual SIM tray with the EU rom with success. Link below.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-10/help/mi10-pro-global-version-dual-sim-version-t4075263/page9

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HeyCelia

Is the delivery charge expensive or not:pac:
    How about the pone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

Xiaomi 10/pro how are you people finding it?
    Worth the splurge?

My phone is on its last legs and it's time to upgrade.

Kamu wrote: »
    Xiaomi 10/pro how are you people finding it?
    Worth the splurge?

My phone is on its last legs and it's time to upgrade.

Its great but finding it a bit on the heavy side. I am thinking of selling it if interested. :)

Its great but finding it a bit on the heavy side. I am thinking of selling it if interested. :)

It is beast of a phone but is heavy alright. came from a Mi Mix 2s which was heavy too so doesn't bother me much. I'm probably just more manly than you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Im not sure if my settings are correct. Anybody have the Virgin APN settings for the MI 10

• Advertisement
Advertisement