Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I drive a trike on full car licence in Ireland

Options
  • 23-03-2020 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Want too get a can am ryker 3 wheel bike can I drive it on full car licence in ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

When did you get your full car licence (cat B)

If I remember correctly the rules are different depending on whether you got it pre or post 2011, but id have to look it up to confirm

Also the vehicle must be correctly registered as a 'tricycle'

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

I found it, its 2013 not 2011.

Tricycle: Where a person had an entitlement to the category B full licence prior to 19 January 2013 that also covered them to ride tricycles. They still retain that entitlement. All first full Licences issued for the category B from 19 January 2013 would not have this entitlement and therefore they must take out the appropriate Bike category to ride a trike. The appropriate bike category will depend on the CC of the Tricycle.

The link is here

https://www.ndls.ie/licence-categories.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Alan889083

Thanks I got my car licence after 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Alan889083

Thanks good help say will have too get a bike licence want a 900cc trike

Advertisement