If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony TV replacement

Options
  • 23-03-2020 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

A Sony 55xe90 I bought from your selves around 2 years has come to unfortunate end thanks to my two year old and her toy train. I'm assuming its not economical to replace a damaged lcd? Glass is intact but lcd behind is showing damage? Therefore i am looking at a recommendation for a 55 of comparable spec if possible. Budget however is around 800 Euros. I have the TV mounted so would like to be able to use position of existing Mount. Are all vesda placements the same on most tvs or do they vary? Thank you.

Just an edit to this. The bracket i have is a Sanus BLF228-B1 . The sony is a 300 X 300 vesa mount. So would need a TV that could use this mount.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

caution wrote: »
    A Sony 55xe90 I bought from your selves around 2 years has come to unfortunate end thanks to my two year old and her toy train. I'm assuming its not economical to replace a damaged lcd? Glass is intact but lcd behind is showing damage? Therefore i am looking at a recommendation for a 55 of comparable spec if possible. Budget however is around 800 Euros. I have the TV mounted so would like to be able to use position of existing Mount. Are all vesda placements the same on most tvs or do they vary? Thank you.

Just an edit to this. The bracket i have is a Sanus BLF228-B1 . The sony is a 300 X 300 vesa mount. So would need a TV that could use this mount.
    Hi Caution.

Sorry for the delay.

Its been a bit crazy the last few day to say the least.

The XE9005 was a good television.
    If you wanted to stick to Sony you could check out the 55XF8916 coming in at 799 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203988-sony-bravia-kd55xg8196bu-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Below this you drop to the 55SM8600 which is also a great product priced at 709 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204041-lg-55sm8600pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

Both these TV's will fit your current bracket.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 caution

Hi appreciate the reply and hope you are keeping well at these times. Are ye still delivering at the moment? Looking at the sony mentioned is that an ips or va panel? Ideally would avoid ips. Was looking at the Samsung qe55q80 would this be much better than the two mention and worth the price difference? Hadn't paid much chance to look these up, and wasn't even thinking of a TV until it was damaged. Also would this fit the bracket. Have you a total price including delivery in sterling? Would look to buy today if possible.

Hi appreciate the reply and hope you are keeping well at these times. Are ye still delivering at the moment? Looking at the sony mentioned is that an ips or va panel? Ideally would avoid ips. Was looking at the Samsung qe55q80 would this be much better than the two mention and worth the price difference? Hadn't paid much chance to look these up, and wasn't even thinking of a TV until it was damaged. Also would this fit the bracket. Have you a total price including delivery in sterling? Would look to buy today if possible.
    Hi Caution.

The 55Q80 would be much better than both the set I mentioned.
    The QLED tech is superior to that of LED and the even the Nano Cell of the LG.

The specs for the 55Q80 state it has vesa 200 x 200 mounting points. So if your bracket is a standard universal mount it should fit the Samsung.
    It is hard to confirm this 100% as we did not supply the bracket.
    Do you know which bracket it is that you currently have?

The best price would be the current web price on the 55Q80R
    Currently priced at £899 + £6.99 shipping or 1049 Euro (Inc Shipping) - You are free to pay in which ever currency works out cheapest for you.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203962-samsung-qe55q80r-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1500-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app.aspx

Stock is very very tight the on the 55Q80R at the moment in our main warehouse.

Kenny.

Hi Kenny, I got the bracket from ye with the sony. It's a Sanus BLF228-B1. If it fits il go with the Samsung.

Hi Kenny, I got the bracket from ye with the sony. It's a Sanus BLF228-B1. If it fits il go with the Samsung.
    Hey Caution.

Even better :)

The BLF228 will fit the 55Q80r.

• Advertisement

Hey Caution.

Good stuff il call the store and make the purchase.

Hey Caution.

Good stuff il call the store and make the purchase.
    No worries Caution.

You can also order directly via the website and this will be processed straight away for you.

Thanks, Kenny.

No worries Caution.

You can also order directly via the website and this will be processed straight away for you.

Thanks, Kenny.

Hi Kenny,
    I did try call before I saw this but I can order through site if easier. I just had a question around delivery, I realise the situation we are in at the moment. But is there a rough idea of when the item would be delivered.

No worries Caution.

Thanks, Kenny.

Hi Kenny,
    I did try call before I saw this but I can order through site if easier. I just had a question around delivery, I realise the situation we are in at the moment. But is there a rough idea of when the item would be delivered.
    Hey Caution.

Everything is on track at this end and the order should be shipping tomorrow.

At the moment deliveries are running as normal as possible with maybe a day delay but this could change at any time.
    It would usually be 2 working days for shipping.
    It will be dispatched tomorrow which will hopefully make delivery Monday 30th.
    Once the order arrives into our couriers sorting depot we will have a better time scale for you.

Our courier will also text you your tracking details once it arrives with them.

Again thanks for the business :)

Just wanted to leave a note saying how impressed I am with the service I have received from yourselves. A small issue with my order has been resolved in an impressive way. I have bought a few tvs from ye in the last number of years and have always received great service. Thank you, and stay safe.

• Advertisement

Just wanted to leave a note saying how impressed I am with the service I have received from yourselves. A small issue with my order has been resolved in an impressive way. I have bought a few tvs from ye in the last number of years and have always received great service. Thank you, and stay safe.
    Hey Caution.

I'm really glad we got you sorted.

Now you can spend all weekend basking in the quality of your new purchase :D

If we can help in anyway in future as always drop us a post or PM

Kenny.

Back again so soon, but im after having a bit of a disaster. The Tv we received only 2 weeks ago has come to an unfortunate end.
    We made some changes after the last mishap, but at the end of a long day Monday one of the kids managed to touch the bottom of the TV.
    Honestly the impact if you can call it that was so minor, no noise. However a horizontal band has developed from the area and the TV is not usable. 
    This TV must be particularly fragile or we were extremely unlucky.
    Anyhow I'm again in the market for a TV. I can't afford to replace this model exactly so soon, although this was the perfect tv.
    Could you recommend another 55 TV  VA panel much preferred, would have to be under 600 Euro. Anything half way usable and would step down to 50 inch if needed. If there was something we a bit more strength. On a side note I have a one connect box and cable for the 55qe85r if you need it for anyone.

Regards

Back again so soon, but im after having a bit of a disaster. The Tv we received only 2 weeks ago has come to an unfortunate end.
    We made some changes after the last mishap, but at the end of a long day Monday one of the kids managed to touch the bottom of the TV.
    Honestly the impact if you can call it that was so minor, no noise. However a horizontal band has developed from the area and the TV is not usable. 
    This TV must be particularly fragile or we were extremely unlucky.
    Anyhow I'm again in the market for a TV. I can't afford to replace this model exactly so soon, although this was the perfect tv.
    Could you recommend another 55 TV  VA panel much preferred, would have to be under 600 Euro. Anything half way usable and would step down to 50 inch if needed. If there was something we a bit more strength. On a side note I have a one connect box and cable for the 55qe85r if you need it for anyone.

Regards
    Hey Caution.

So sorry to hear that the Q85 was been broken.
    That is heartbreaking. I don't suppose you could claim for it on our home insurance?

With OLED and QLED the screens are so thin that the slightest thing can break them.
    I witnessed first hand one getting broken being lift out of the box buy a customers thumb as he pressed it against the screen when lifting it.

For a VA its usually tends to be Samsung but I would be able to guarantee this.
    LG and Sony typically use IPS.

At the moment the cheapest Samsung 55" we have in stock would be the 55Q60 priced at 799 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203930-samsung-qe55q60r-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-qled-tv-tvplus.aspx
    There is one of these left brand new boxed at the Belfast store. 

LG have the LG 55SM8600 Nano cell technology priced at 729 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204041-lg-55sm8600pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

If you wanted something cheaper Sony have the 55XG7003 coming in at 599 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204081-sony-bravia-kd55xg7003bu-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-freeview-hd.aspx

Thanks

Kenny.

Just a follow up to this. I contacted craigavon tv as I got the number from yourselves. I have a price for replacement of the screen, 650 euros. I'm trying to decide if this is worth it. If I get the replacement carried out by this or another authorised service center is the 6 year warranty I have with Richersounds still valid?

Just a follow up to this. I contacted craigavon tv as I got the number from yourselves. I have a price for replacement of the screen, 650 euros. I'm trying to decide if this is worth it. If I get the replacement carried out by this or another authorised service center is the 6 year warranty I have with Richersounds still valid?
    Hey Caution.

I don't think the 6 year would still be valid as the TV would have been damaged and the replacement panel might void our 6 year.

However I will double check with our service guys just to be sure as I have not had to do this before or been asked this questions before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Post Snipped by Moderator

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

lomb,

Please take a moment to read the Charter, queries here are for Richersounds, it is not appropriate for Boardies to pitch in their opinion/advice on these threads:
    • As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

• If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion. Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

• If you have an opinion on some matter related to the items that Richersounds sells, or you wish to give people the benefit of your advice on some related issue, Please do not post it in this forum. There are other fora on Boards in the Tech section on Home Entertainment or TV related topics, or in the Consumer fora, which are suitable locations for endowing Boardies with the benefit of any advice or opinion you wish to offer. Bearing in mind the purpose of this forum, posts along the lines described here are not appropriate and will be suitably snipped or deleted without warning. This approach is taken to ensure the workability of this particular forum and to ensure that general advice and discursive posts are made in the appropriate forum. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

Ritz.

Cheers The Ritz.

Hi David were you able to get clarification here on the warranty issue.

Hi David were you able to get clarification here on the warranty issue.
    Hi caution, I haven't had an update yet but will continue to chase. There may be a longer delay than usual getting answers at the moment!

• Advertisement

Hi caution, I haven't had an update yet but will continue to chase. There may be a longer delay than usual getting answers at the moment!

No worries, I appreciate it.

No worries, I appreciate it.
    Hey Caution.

I've had confirmation.

Unfortunately if the screen is replaced due to damage our 6 year guarantee would be invalid.

Kenny.

Hey Caution.

I've had confirmation.

Unfortunately if the screen is replaced due to damage our 6 year guarantee would be invalid.

Kenny.
    OK thank you for the information I had emailed Samsung also and they state the manufacturer warranty will still be valid after repair. Il have the Samsung warranty at least.
    Regards.

Hey Caution.

I've had confirmation.

Kenny.
    OK thank you for the information I had emailed Samsung also and they state the manufacturer warranty will still be valid after repair. Il have the Samsung warranty at least.
    Regards.
    No problem at all Caution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.