Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus; Less than 30 countries unaffected...

Options
  • 23-03-2020 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭

Not sure how up to date this is, but from worldometers.info

Botswana
    Burundi
    Comoros
    Guinea-Bissau
    Kiribati
    Laos
    Lesotho
    Libya
    Malawi
    Mali
    Marshall Islands
    Micronesia
    Nauru
    North Korea
    Palau
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Samoa
    São Tomé and Príncipe
    Sierra Leone
    Solomon Islands
    South Sudan
    Tajikistan
    Tonga
    Turkmenistan
    Tuvalu
    Vanuatu
    Western Sahara
    Yemen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

How many of these have actually done any testing?
    What about North Korea, I'd be surprised even with isolation that it doesn't have suome "unexplained" deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I was sure N. Korea had announced a case? maybe it was just a suspected one

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

why have those countries got no coronavirus?....no chinese takeaways thats why

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

fryup wrote: »
    why have those countries got no coronavirus?....no chinese takeaways thats why

G o o d o n e

Libya and Laos* reporting their first cases in the last 24 hours, 26 countries left with no reported cases...

(probably some overseas territories as well, in the Caribbean and Pacific)

*hasn't been updated on BNO News, is on Worldometers
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-laos/laos-records-first-two-coronavirus-cases-thai-media-idUSKBN21B0X2

African Continent

Botswana
    Burundi
    Guinea-Bissau
    Lesotho
    Malawi
    Mali
    Sierra Leone
    South Sudan
    Western Sahara

Indian Ocean

Comoros

Middle East

Yemen

Asia

North Korea
    Tajikistan
    Turkmenistan

Pacific

Kiribati
    Marshall Islands
    Micronesia
    Nauru
    Palau
    Samoa
    Solomon Islands
    Tonga
    Tuvalu
    Vanuatu

Caribbean

Saint Kitts and Nevis

Atlantic

São Tomé and Príncipe

• Advertisement

Saint Kitts and Nevis, Mali, and Guinea-Bissau reporting their first cases, thats all 'countries' in the Americas / Caribbean crossed off the list, and with British Virgin Islands crossed off aswell, thats one less overseas territory virus free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

You forgot Sealand..

You forgot Sealand..

I haven't included overseas territories, disputed regions, or states with limited or no recognition ...

will probably add them next week, as the remaining countries dwindle

(don't know about Western Sahara, probably could include it with Morocco)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Also could incliude the Antarctic Territories of various nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Vanuatu

You learn something new every day

• Advertisement

Vanuatu

You learn something new every day

watch Pointless on BBC, Tuvalu and Vanuatu, two Pointless favourites...
    (and by 'country' we mean a sovereign state which is a member of the UN in its own right)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

North Sentinal Island is the place to be these days.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

How many of these have actually done any testing?
    What about North Korea, I'd be surprised even with isolation that it doesn't have suome "unexplained" deaths.

Well since we know so much about their supposed famines, death camps, underground tunnels, nuclear programs, old women selling their kidneys, etc., shouldn't we also have our clued in spies monitoring their covid deaths?

Likewise with Venezuela. We seem to know when they are starving and have to eat flamingos but now we haven't a clue about their coronavirus deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Well since we know so much about their supposed famines, death camps, underground tunnels, nuclear programs, old women selling their kidneys, etc., shouldn't we also have our clued in spies monitoring their covid deaths?

Likewise with Venezuela. We seem to know when they are starving and have to eat flamingos but now we haven't a clue about their coronavirus deaths.

Yes, how dare we doubt North Korea and Venezuela.

Botswana reporting its first cases yesterday, and Sierra Leone with its first case today. British overseas territory of Anguilla in the Caribbean added to the list in the last few days as well

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

watch Pointless on BBC, Tuvalu and Vanuatu, two Pointless favourites...
    Tuvalu was formerly the "Ellis" part of the Gilbert and Ellis Islands, Kiribati (pronounced "Kiribas") was Gilbert

Vanuatu was the New Hebrides

All brought to you courtesy of philately as I learned about these islands collecting their stamps back in the 1970s

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

*less than thirty countries not testing enough yet

Russia had a surge of pneumonia cases in January ... this thing is everywhere

Burundi has joined the chat

First two cases in the Caribbean Netherlands, that's all countries and overseas territories in the Americas affected, apart from Saint Pierre and Miquelon, French islands south of Newfoundland, Canada, and the Falkland Islands off Argentina...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

How many Covid-XIX free countries now?

• Advertisement

19 countries with no confirmed cases, with a big asterisk over Yemen and North Korea

They've added a 'countries unaffected' section to this wiki page, lists other territories as well
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_coronavirus_pandemic_by_country_and_territory

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

180 territories reported on here, scroll down the countries on the left hand side
    https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

From that link below you can scroll in a and look at individual countries or provinces of China.
    One thing I struggle to understand is the spread of it, so fast around the world, all from one area initially (allegedly!!) !!
    I can't believe that, as an example the China province Jiangsu, which is just right of Wuhan has..........0/zero/nada/zilch deaths !!!! or Anhui (right next to Hubei) which has 6 deaths !

Malawi reporting their first cases, only 18 countries now left with no reported cases...

Atlantic

São Tomé and Príncipe

African Continent

Lesotho
    South Sudan

Indian Ocean

Comoros

Middle East

Yemen

Asia

North Korea
    Tajikistan
    Turkmenistan

Pacific

Kiribati
    Marshall Islands
    Micronesia
    Nauru
    Palau
    Samoa
    Solomon Islands
    Tonga
    Tuvalu
    Vanuatu

South Sudan has fallen... Cases reported in the Western Saharan provinces of Morocco also. That leaves Lesotho as the only unaffected country on Africa.

all countries and overseas territories in the Americas affected, apart from Saint Pierre and Miquelon, and the Falkland Islands.
    These two overseas territories are also reporting cases now

St. Vincent and the Grenadines did have one case, which had recovered on March 27th, leaving it the only country where all cases had recovered from the infection. They reported a second case a few days ago, and are now at 6 active cases ..

Four cases in Sao Tome and Principe.

Papua New Guinea reporting a second case more than two weeks after its first. Mostly pacific island nations holding out now

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I haven't even heard of some of these countries

I think North Korea had cases

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

From that link below you can scroll in a and look at individual countries or provinces of China.
    One thing I struggle to understand is the spread of it, so fast around the world, all from one area initially (allegedly!!) !!
    I can't believe that, as an example the China province Jiangsu, which is just right of Wuhan has..........0/zero/nada/zilch deaths !!!! or Anhui (right next to Hubei) which has 6 deaths !
    I would look at the official Chinese figures with some scepticism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I severely doubt north korea or yemen are being honest at all about this.

Advertisement