Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless alarm bell box- is it wired?

• 24-03-2020 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

Hi

getting some work done on my house and the bell box on my old,no longer used alarm system is coming down to allow the work go ahead.
    I'm going to get a wireless alarm system (e.g. HKC) in the weeks ahead and will get a bell box as part of that.

My question is : for those wireless alarm systems, are the bell boxes wired or are they run on battery/just there for show to put off burglars (the main alarm and alarm noise coming from inside instead)?

Just looking to find this out so I can tell the builders to remove the existing bell box wiring or not.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭altor

jay0109 wrote: »
    Hi

getting some work done on my house and the bell box on my old,no longer used alarm system is coming down to allow the work go ahead.
    I'm going to get a wireless alarm system (e.g. HKC) in the weeks ahead and will get a bell box as part of that.

My question is : for those wireless alarm systems, are the bell boxes wired or are they run on battery/just there for show to put off burglars (the main alarm and alarm noise coming from inside instead)?

Just looking to find this out so I can tell the builders to remove the existing bell box wiring or not.

Thanks

You can use a wire free external bell but wired is better.
    If you can save that cable and use it in conjunction with the wire free system it will save you the bother of having to replace batteries every 3 years.
    Also, if you want a strobe light then a wired bell is better than a led that blinks once every 5 seconds on a wire free one.

Advertisement