Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

PTH2009 wrote: »
    True

Wait and see I suppose its amazingly only mid May

Lad I know is a music promoter and his feeling is his business is gone and there can’t be proper gigs until there is a cure or immunisation as gigs are just not feasible without practically full houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

salmocab wrote: »
    Lad I know is a music promoter and his feeling is his business is gone and there can’t be proper gigs until there is a cure or immunisation as gigs are just not feasible without practically full houses.

Yeah I think the economy of gigs just wouldn't work without a big capacity crowd. Unless diehard fans are willing to pay way more than usual for price of ticket. Unless bands can play big outdoor gigs with socially distancing but very limited in terms of venues and weather.

Saw in Denmark they were doing those car gigs but not sure how workable here. I think the audio is through car radio like in those outdoor cinemas and can't go out of cars. Say insurance, issues around drink driving, etc so could be completely impractical.

I think my idea for paid livestream gigs is probably a non-runner too but would great to have something in the meantime to support artists, venues and promoters

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

In Conversation with the Sopranos moved to 27 June 2021.

I didn't know about this originally, so thanks for the tip off (so to speak :pac:).
    Definitely going to pick up a ticket for the rescheduled date. Could be a very interesting evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Eod100 wrote: »

Cheers, had missed that at the time but thought they might be taking time out as there was no annoucment in February.

Pity, I hope it returns next year as its a great little festival. Would imagine a lot of the organisers of it are a bit older from the early days and now have kids and other priorities so its not easy organising a summer festival on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

In Conversation with the Sopranos moved to 27 June 2021.

So gutted about this. Bought tickets as a surprise for my husband for Christmas and he was so chuffed. Ah well, at least I’m sorted for Christmas 2020 now! Every cloud and all that...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

All the talk in this thread of social distance crowds at gigs in depressing and sounds utterly ****e. I'd sooner just throw social distancing out the window and try and get a pit going as soon as the music started.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Does Daves shtick not annoy anyone else?

“80,000 of our closest friends” gimme a break

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

MadYaker wrote: »
    Does Daves shtick not annoy anyone else?

“80,000 of our closest friends” gimme a break

Nah. I like Dave.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Fontaines DC gig in Belfast has been cancelled.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Penfailed wrote: »
    Fontaines DC gig in Belfast has been cancelled.

Cork as well, very surprised these are not being postponed, with a new album coming out and all

fafy wrote: »
    Cork as well, very surprised these are not being postponed, with a new album coming out and all

The Belfast one is in Botanic Gardens which isn't as easy to reschedule I'd imagine. It would be different if it was a purpose built venue I'd imagine.

Were they already cancelled? Does seem odd that they weren't postponed until next year. Unless they already had a US tour planned for next summer or something?

Were they already cancelled? Does seem odd that they weren't postponed until next year. Unless they already had a US tour planned for next summer or something?

No, Both gig were only cancelled today, both had been “postponed” - pending an annoucement of rescheduled dates, for a few weeks now, until today.

Sounds logical, a US tour might be a priority, i’m sure we will see them play Ireland next year at some point

I'm worried now the same will happen for The National's gigs..

I'm worried now the same will happen for The National's gigs..

They are already booked in to “Rock In Rio” in Portugal June 2021(cancelled in April), while the Cork & Limerick gigs have disappeared from the bands tour page(Belfast gig strangely remains), i’d expect the Irish gigs to be reacheduled, as they had a pan european tour set for this year in May & June.

They are already booked in to “Rock In Rio” in Portugal June 2021(cancelled in April), while the Cork & Limerick gigs have disappeared from the bands tour page(Belfast gig strangely remains), i’d expect the Irish gigs to be reacheduled, as they had a pan european tour set for this year in May & June.

Yeah saw that about Lisbon so fingers crossed sure! Dont think they would throw away a whole European tour so probably just taking time to reschedule the gigs. No news is good news and all that!

Fontaines DC in Iveagh Gardens, Dublin = 3rd July 2021

Fontaines DC in Iveagh Gardens, Dublin = 3rd July 2021

Wow, thats odd, Marquee 2021 is going up until the end of June, so assumed they would slot back in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Yes in Vicar Street new date of Weds 26th May 2021

• Advertisement

Nialler9 has piece on what a planned socially distanced gig in US would have looked like. It since got cancelled. Probably what I thought it would be like but fairly stark seeing it written down like that.

Not sure will the limited capacity or people not wanting to experience gigs in an atmosphere like that make it unworkable.

https://nialler9.com/heres-what-gigs-will-possibly-look-like-after-lockdown-according-to-us-ticketmaster-restrictions/

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

I don't know if this has already been asked or not. If a gig is rescheduled rather than canceled can you get a refund if the new date doesn't suit.

I am waiting for an update for Ricky Gervais. The seem quiet slow about either cancelling or rescheduling.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    I don't know if this has already been asked or not. If a gig is rescheduled rather than canceled can you get a refund if the new date doesn't suit.

I am waiting for an update for Ricky Gervais. The seem quiet slow about either cancelling or rescheduling.

Yea you can request a refund if the new dates doesnt suit you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Zardoz

kilkenny31 wrote: »

Its just over 2 weeks away and they haven't issued any information which is a bit ludicrous.
    It obviously wont be going ahead in May ,Ricky said on the Late Late Show a few weeks back that anything before September was looking unlikely.
    It will be rescheduled for later in the year but I cant see why it hasn't already been shifted.

Nialler9 has piece on what a planned socially distanced gig in US would have looked like. It since got cancelled. Probably what I thought it would be like but fairly stark seeing it written down like that.

Not sure will the limited capacity or people not wanting to experience gigs in an atmosphere like that make it unworkable.

https://nialler9.com/heres-what-gigs-will-possibly-look-like-after-lockdown-according-to-us-ticketmaster-restrictions/

I'd rather take my chances with the virus than go to a gig like that, 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 38,399 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sounds horrible and more hassle than it's worth

Yeah I think it would take a lot of the good out of it, would be such a weird atmosphere and experience and think it would naturally turn a lot of people off going. I think pubs would be bad enough with a similar set-up but gigs would be awful like that.

Flipside is if social distancing has to exist until treatment or vaccine then something similar might be only way and if people don't go could be end of some venues and artists. Tis far from ideal situation unfortunately.

The National confirm that their summer gigs are postponed and working on new dates.

https://twitter.com/TheNational/status/1260963338655277056

Lost Brothers at St Luke's Cork already rescheduled to July now postponed until November. No word on Bell X1 gig later this month there yet as far as I can see. https://twitter.com/LiveAtStLukes/status/1258696856076517376?s=19

Bell X1 x 3 gigs at Saint Lukes, Cork, now rescheduled to March 2021, (25th to 27th)no refunds currently, but a voucher +10%

“ All tickets are still valid for the new dates but if you cannot attend we can offer a voucher for Live At St. Luke's + 10% of the value. If your voucher is not used within a year then we will be happy to provide you with a refund at that point”

Think i’l hold onto mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Jeff Lynnne ELO have cancelled their Irish date.

Advertisement