Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Jeff Lynnne ELO have cancelled their Irish date.

That is a disaster, had brilliant seats for it and that was scheduled for October. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Saw that these guys are planning to organise drive-in comedy, live music and Bingo Loco gigs around Ireland during the summer.

Will be interesting to see how it works. But I think I'd prefer a livestream gig over listening through car radio.

Also got an email survey from Ticketmaster asking about gigs after this. One of the questions was would you pay for livestream gigs so must be exploring the possibility.

https://www.facebook.com/driveineventsie/posts/103883097999486

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

taking the piss with Duran Duran at St Annes Park on the 7th June

still no word is it cancelled/postponed

Tickets still on sale

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/duran-duran-dublin-07-06-2020/event/18005776B34D97B4

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Kilteragh

PTH2009 wrote: »

Tickets still on sale

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/duran-duran-dublin-07-06-2020/event/18005776B34D97B4

Send them an email saying "Please, Please, tell me now."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Tickets still on sale

Ricky Gervais still has no announcement and that's in less than two weeks!
    okidoki987 wrote: »
    That is a disaster, had brilliant seats for it and that was scheduled for October. :mad:

Agreed. Me too. Hope he returns but who knows given age etc :(

• Advertisement

Kilteragh wrote: »

Well its definitely no 'ordinary world' were living in today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Originally Posted by Exclamation Marc View Post
    Jeff Lynne ELO have cancelled their Irish date
    okidoki987 wrote: »

Yep bloody gutted when I got the e-mail this morning
    Saw him at 3 Arena in October 2018 and he was absolutely brilliant.Left the venue vowing that if he came back we would go again.Booked for this October the day the tickets became available....now this!!!
    I reckon we might never see him in Ireland again....he's in his 70's now.
    Truly gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Kilteragh wrote: »

“Is there something, i should know” !!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

98000613_10157547939072582_3717712696301322240_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=b386c4&_nc_ohc=-BTC9GXhsbQAX-V8xGy&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=463adf681726cde50e14bec9dd135c31&oe=5EE4855C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Can’t complain about TM on Fontaines gig cancellations, which was announced Wednesday morning, refund came in yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Has anyone managed to get a refund from ticketmaster for a rescheduled event?

I have Guns N’ Roses tickets and want to be refunded and have emailed Ticketmaster four times now first two responses were the same and didn’t even address my question of a refund (they just said the gig was rescheduled and to wait) and the last 2 emails they have ignored completely.

Any ideas on how to get onto them and not get a standard copied and pasted reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I have Guns N’ Roses tickets and want to be refunded and have emailed Ticketmaster four times now first two responses were the same and didn’t even address my question of a refund (they just said the gig was rescheduled and to wait) and the last 2 emails they have ignored completely.

Any ideas on how to get onto them and not get a standard copied and pasted reply?

There's a form for refunds rather than emailing their customer service.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

There's a form for refunds rather than emailing their customer service.

Yeah that was the original form I contacted them on they emailed me with the response of wait for dates to be announced (no word on if I would get a refund when dates were announced)
    I then replied to that email asking again for the refund and they just send back the original response and now they are ignoring my emails by the looks of it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Yeah that was the original form I contacted them on they emailed me with the response of wait for dates to be announced (no word on if I would get a refund when dates were announced)
    I then replied to that email asking again for the refund and they just send back the original response and now they are ignoring my emails by the looks of it :/

You’re going to only get a standard response for the forseeable

Once you’ve requested the refund that’s all you can do
    They take 2-3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

So if we request a refund via this link for a rescheduled show we should get it in 2 - 3 weeks? Is that correct?

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've had 4 different orders refunded now, just takes a bit of time. When the stock response came I replied with just the words "Please refund order" and I got confirmation a few days later.

Some people are having results DMing @TMIrelandHelp on twitter with the ticket number, give that a go if you aren't getting anywhere!

Princess Nokia's gig in Vicar Street which was meant to happen in August postponed to November.

Interesting as it's after the phase 5 August date but maybe there's too much uncertainty to go ahead with it then.

https://twitter.com/aikenpromotions/status/1262306985581727744

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

EYS_ajMX0AEGVXx?format=jpg&name=small

No gigs of any sort by Aiken until at least August 10th.

Zardoz wrote: »
    EYS_ajMX0AEGVXx?format=jpg&name=small

No gigs of any sort by Aiken until at least August 10th.

Saw that, that's a lot of postponing and rescheduling over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Duran Duran finally announced the cancellation.
    Really annoyed by the lack of engagement by both band and promoters around this.
    Other stuff I had booked for July & August were postoned weeks ago.

• Advertisement

washiskin wrote: »
    Duran Duran finally announced the cancellation.
    Really annoyed by the lack of engagement by both band and promoters around this.
    Other stuff I had booked for July & August were postoned weeks ago.

yeah getting rescheduled

Might try for a refund and then get a ticket closer to the new date if i fancy it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

yeah getting rescheduled

Might try for a refund and then get a ticket closer to the new date if i fancy it

Thinking the same myself.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

98206593_3222167027823234_2214933549583171584_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=91Iqkkk7QkEAX-WgcJR&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=d5becbf1b49dd433efa627f940116544&oe=5EE7E188

Still no luck getting a refund for gnr have contacted via twitter and email multiple times now just getting the response that they are looking for a new date and tickets will still be valid. And ignoring me after that
    Has anyone tried contacting the bank for a chargeback (if this is even a valid case to use chargeback) on tickets?
    Surely this is the only option as Ticketmaster are unwilling to engage with people?

Still no luck getting a refund for gnr have contacted via twitter and email multiple times now just getting the response that they are looking for a new date and tickets will still be valid. And ignoring me after that
    Has anyone tried contacting the bank for a chargeback (if this is even a valid case to use chargeback) on tickets?
    Surely this is the only option as Ticketmaster are unwilling to engage with people?

Have they announced a new date for it yet or is it just postponed?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Refunds will happen when a new date is confirmed, they wont do them before that

So if we request a refund via this link for a rescheduled show we should get it in 2 - 3 weeks? Is that correct?

Thx

I think the staff there are under a lot of pressure to get refunds out with all the cancellations going on.
    Once you apply for a refund you are in the line so whenever they get round to issuing a cancellation for you, they will.
    Just be thankful it's Ticketmaster and not one of those other dodgy ticket sites or a guy on Facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

You wont get a refund until they know if they concert is postponed to a later date or if it is actually cancelled.
    Once TM know they will then contact all ticket holders and advise.
    If postponed you can either chose to attend the rescheduled concert or you can apply for a refund.
    If cancelled you can get a refund.
    There is no case for a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Still selling tickets for Kings of Leon....

• Advertisement

Waiting almost 3 weeks for a refund from Ticketmaster for a cancelled gig. Email said it could take up to 4 weeks but can see it taking longer. So yeah does seem to be a delay in receiving refund even when confirmed. You'd think the process would be quicker/more straightforward for an event that has been cancelled outright but maybe not.

Advertisement