Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Still selling tickets for Kings of Leon....

And Ricky Gervais which is supposed to be on next week !
    Really poor form not to have postponed that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

98206593_3222167027823234_2214933549583171584_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=91Iqkkk7QkEAX-WgcJR&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=d5becbf1b49dd433efa627f940116544&oe=5EE7E188

Thats odd, his other 4 Irish gigs in July, were postponed until November. Or maybe thats because those smaller events are “solo piano” gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Zardoz wrote: »

Yeah it's daft that gigs which will clearly be cancelled are still on sale. Why anyone would buy tickets is another question, but still the principle. Not sure why they don't postpone and if new gig can't be arranged, cancel and refund at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Yeah really poor show, it's supposed to be on in 10 days time! :eek: and they are still selling tickets for it.
    Even if they don't have new date(s) yet, just postpone the event.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah it's daft that gigs which will clearly be cancelled are still on sale. Why anyone would buy tickets is another question, but still the principle. Not sure why they don't postpone and if new gig can't be arranged, cancel and refund at that stage.

Its a little weird tickets are still onsale, but a lot of postponements, are not that easy to rearrange quickly, multiple venues and logistics involved, particularly, where the act is travelling around Europe & US.
    Most of the remaining “pending” postponements gigs, fall into this category.

• Advertisement

fafy wrote: »
    Its a little weird tickets are still onsale, but a lot of postponements, are not that easy to rearrange quickly, multiple venues and logistics involved, particularly, where the act is travelling around Europe & US.

Not much logistics involved for a comedy show like Ricky Gervais .
    No equipment or stage to move ,its basically just him and his suitcase ,that can easily be rescheduled.

Yeah I get that if they don't have a date but some gigs are being postponed with no specific date on hope they can be rescheduled so wouldn't need to have it sorted straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

You wont get a refund until they know if they concert is postponed to a later date or if it is actually cancelled.
    Once TM know they will then contact all ticket holders and advise.
    If postponed you can either chose to attend the rescheduled concert or you can apply for a refund.
    If cancelled you can get a refund.
    There is no case for a chargeback.

Actually I talked to aib told them everything and they seemed to think there was a good case for a chargeback and to attach all evidence I was trying to contact them, they did also say it could take longer then 30 days for the chargeback as Ticketmaster are being inundated with chargeback requests at the moment.

I understand Ticketmaster will entertain the idea of a refund once a new date is announced but no one can say when the new date will be announced it might be tomorrow or it might be in 6 months time.
    Hence why I don’t want to leave my money sat with Ticketmaster indefinitely.

Not much logistics involved for a comedy show like Ricky Gervais .
    No equipment or stage to move ,its basically just him and his suitcase ,that can easily be rescheduled.

There is the venues, are they available, and available, in line with the tour, as it progresses from country to country, back crew availability, insurance issues.
    Just a little bit more than him packing a carry on !

There is a huge volume of rescheduling going on in recent months, making it harder.

There is the venues, are they available, and available, in line with the tour, as it progresses from country to country, back crew availability, insurance issues.
    Just a little bit more than him packing a carry on !

Its not a full tour he has scheduled ,its just a few dates here and there spread out over about 6 months so it would be easy to reschedule.

• Advertisement

Its not a full tour he has scheduled ,its just a few dates here and there spread out over about 6 months so it would be easy to reschedule.

A few texts- all sorted !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Rammstein full tour rescheduled

Dates available online hit my copy and paste Apparently didn’t work

Actually I talked to aib told them everything and they seemed to think there was a good case for a chargeback and to attach all evidence I was trying to contact them, they did also say it could take longer then 30 days for the chargeback as Ticketmaster are being inundated with chargeback requests at the moment.

I understand Ticketmaster will entertain the idea of a refund once a new date is announced but no one can say when the new date will be announced it might be tomorrow or it might be in 6 months time.
    Hence why I don’t want to leave my money sat with Ticketmaster indefinitely.

Under “normal” conditions i’d 100 % agree, but these are not normal conditions, but unprecedented conditions.

You could have a very lengthy wait for a chargeback, phone calls, possible form filling, emails, and the bank have to liase with the vendor, who are being overrun with similar queries, and the end of it all, the chargeback might be denied.

The words “think there was a good case”, and “evidence” are key, that, cannot be determined definitively, until the bank liase with the vendor. But go for it.

I’l stick with the much easier and less stressful TM refund request, which works (almost)perfectly fine, for the last 4 refunds i received, and i don’t honestly think. it is unreasonable, in the current “unprecedented“ circumstances, to wait for a revised date. Most of the current “delayed postponements“ are where there are multi country tours, so it takes much longer to rearrange these

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Rammstein full tour rescheduled

Dates available online hit my copy and paste Apparently didn’t work

Thought it was wingdings for a second! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Under “normal” conditions i’d 100 % agree, but these are not normal conditions, but unprecedented conditions.

You could have a very lengthy wait for a chargeback, phone calls, possible form filling, emails, and the bank have to liase with the vendor, who are being overrun with similar queries, and the end of it all, the chargeback might be denied.

The words “think there was a good case”, and “evidence” are key, that, cannot be determined definitively, until the bank liase with the vendor. But go for it.

I’l stick with the much easier and less stressful TM refund request, which works (almost)perfectly fine, for the last 4 refunds i received, and i don’t honestly think. it is unreasonable, in the current “unprecedented“ circumstances, to wait for a revised date. Most of the current “delayed postponements“ are where there are multi country tours, so it takes much longer to rearrange these

Exactly my thinking. To kick back on a CB request all ticket master have to do is prove that they have a policy in place and have published that policy.
    And I believe they have done this by stating that refunds will happen once a decision is made on whether the gig is actually cancelled or postponed.
    In my case they also stated this in an email when I queried them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Does anyone know anything about the Haim gig in trinity?
    They still seem to be selling tickets...but I thought the capacity would be over 5k.
    Can't find anything on the Mcd or Ticketmaster website

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

gmisk wrote: »
    They still seem to be selling tickets...but I thought the capacity would be over 5k.

All gigs are cancelled until at least November and probably well into 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Does anyone know how to get a refund for a rescheduled gig for tickets that were bought from a Ticketmaster outlet? The website says you should return the ticket to the outlet and get your refund there, but it's obviously closed...

Yeah nothing yet from either but will be cancelled or postponed just waiting on an announcement from MCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Exactly my thinking. To kick back on a CB request all ticket master have to do is prove that they have a policy in place and have published that policy.
    And I believe they have done this by stating that refunds will happen once a decision is made on whether the gig is actually cancelled or postponed.
    In my case they also stated this in an email when I queried them.

Companies have ~30-40 days (depending on card type) to respond to a chargeback claim so you can bet they'll use that full period.

But they cannot dictate a refund period unless its in the terms and conditions when you bought the tickets. The cannot unilaterally restate the terms and conditions irrespective of climate. If they have postponed it, that's enough, you're due a refund or chargeback if needs be. They cannot simply hold on to your money indefinitely until they make an announcement on cancellation or otherwise, it's irrelevant.

If they haven't actually postponed it but "likely" won't happen, you'll have a tougher time but you could likely argue the point

A chargeback is on the basis that the merchant didn't provide the goods you paid for. And if you show that they didn't or cannot provide that, it's in your favour. They can't frustrate the process that much outside of the time periods they have. But TM likely are strategically pushing out refunds as much as they can as the majority will just sit and wait. And they'll stomach the few chargebacks they get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's taking a month or so for organizers of the Stadium Tour (Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison) in the USA to decide what's happening

That's taking the piss for people who have tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Agnes Obel Vicar Street rescheduled from 20th August 2020 to 13th September 2021.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Agnes Obel Vicar Street rescheduled from 20th August 2020 to 13th September 2021.

Wonder is that just part of postponing European tour say?

Guess logistically for venues and promoters might be easier to postpone already booked gigs then try to organise new gigs and sell tickets for them. Between logistics, insurance etc could get messy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Amyl and the Sniffers gig still seems to be going ahead in Whelans on the 20th June.

If that was the only gig of the summer, Id be happy...

I cant see it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

Amyl and the Sniffers gig still seems to be going ahead in Whelans on the 20th June.

I cant see it happening

Get that thought out of your head, I dont think there will be gigs of any size before we get a cure or a vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Elbow came out early doors and rescheduled their 3 Arena gig to October this year, thinking at the time that this would be a safe enough date.
    Little did they know...

No word on the rescheduling of the rescheduled gigs

I cant see it happening

They were due to tour as part of Hella Mega
    Without that going ahead I doubt they’d still travel

spindex wrote: »
    Get that thought out of your head, I dont think there will be gigs of any size before we get a cure or a vaccine.

We may never have a working vaccine
    There may not be a cure

Thsi could well just end up like the common cold and we need to live with it

There will be gigs in 2021, there could gene be gigs and events before the end of this year

Livenation planning fan-less concerts with broadcasts and reduced-capacity shows in US before end of the year. Seems ambitious. And then full scale from 2021.

I dunno how practically and financially (both for gig goer and promoters/venue) reduced capacity gigs will work.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/live-nation-to-resume-concerts-at-full-scale-in-2021-2665532

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

No updates at all about the Summer Series gigs in Trinity.
    Walking on Cars tickets also still for sale on TM as of 5 minutes ago.
    Youd think theyd at least stop selling tickets for events that clearly arent going to be going ahead....

Advertisement