Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sure Ricky Gervais is still scheduled for tomorrow week despite him confirming it will be postponed and ticketmaster saying absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

dragonfly! wrote: »
    No updates at all about the Summer Series gigs in Trinity.
    Walking on Cars tickets also still for sale on TM as of 5 minutes ago.
    Youd think theyd at least stop selling tickets for events that clearly arent going to be going ahead....

Yeah at minimum you would think they would have to suspend sales. Unless its that if they do they would have to cancel or postpone asap at same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Kings of Leon announced as cancelled not rescheduled

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What would people think about buying tickets for a show in December (Book of Mormon). iirc there is some date when events below 5,000 people are allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What would people think about buying tickets for a show in December (Book of Mormon). iirc there is some date when events below 5,000 people are allowed?

up to you really but buy from Offical sources as it will be easier for you to get a refund/postponement

Its always nice to have a ticket paid off no matter when the event takes place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    up to you really but buy from Offical sources as it will be easier for you to get a refund/postponement

Its always nice to have a ticket paid off no matter when the event takes place

The one health warning might be that TM's new terms and conditions state they will not refund service fees though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Sure Ricky Gervais is still scheduled for tomorrow week despite him confirming it will be postponed and ticketmaster saying absolutely nothing.

This is an absolute joke.

gmisk wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about the Haim gig in trinity?
    They still seem to be selling tickets...but I thought the capacity would be over 5k.
    Can't find anything on the Mcd or Ticketmaster website

Not sure how knew it is but they seem to have added Trinity series gigs to this list here with announcement pending next to each gig:

https://mcd.ie/rescheduled-events/

Alicia Keys on just over 2 weeks hasn't been postponed yet for example. So could be waiting a while yet unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Amyl and the Sniffers gig still seems to be going ahead in Whelans on the 20th June.

If that was the only gig of the summer, Id be happy...

I cant see it happening
    Gatherings of more than 4 people aren't allowed then, and music venues aren't allowed open until Phase 5, so it will not be going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Eod100 wrote: »

Alicia Keys on just over 2 weeks hasn't been postponed yet for example. So could be waiting a while yet unfortunately!

She announced this afternoon that her tour was being postponed .
    Farcical though that it was left so late to announce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Id nearly forgotten that I have tickets for this next week. What is supposed to happen, that refunds get offered or it carries over to the next show? My seats were way up in the gods in the back row so Id nearly take my chances with a refund and buying again next year.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Id nearly forgotten that I have tickets for this next week. What is supposed to happen, that refunds get offered or it carries over to the next show? My seats were way up in the gods in the back row so Id nearly take my chances with a refund and buying again next year.

I'm the opposite. I'm quite close to the front!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

antodeco wrote: »
    I'm the opposite. I'm quite close to the front!

I've Flat Row C :D so he had better just postpone it.

Bright Eyes postponed from this September to Septmeber 2021. https://twitter.com/Select1veMemory/status/1263847880936361986?s=19 Think that's the last gig I had tickets for put off to 2021 .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I've Flat Row C :D so he had better just postpone it.

He is postponing it he said so tickets will transfer but as usual, grab a refund if you don't want to keep them.

Shambolic though that they haven't even announced it yet. Santana postponed with no date announced yet so there's no reason why this can't be officially postponed. It's also shameful that the artist had to confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Atm the whole gig experience is damaged

public transport is limited

Pubs/restraunts are in the same boat (closed now)

Public drinking is frowned upon and possibly even stronger atm. Means no pre gig cans/bottles outside the venue

Toliet facilities are venues would be a nightmare

Getting everything back to normal and then resuming from there is the best shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Has there been a date even discussed anywhere of when a gig may be trialled? Obviously social distancing needs to binned for it just ain't gonna happen at a gig.

Has there been a date even discussed anywhere of when a gig may be trialled? Obviously social distancing needs to binned for it just ain't gonna happen at a gig.

After 10th August so phase is when in theory gigs can happen but that's with social distancing:

''Festivals, events and other social and cultural mass gatherings only in accordance with both indoor and outdoor numbers and where social distancing can be complied with.''

https://www.gov.ie/en/news/58bc8b-taoiseach-announces-roadmap-for-reopening-society-and-business-and-u/

I know there's gigs being sold and rescheduled for later this year, October, November etc. Not sure are they selling full capacity for the new gigs. I know some Ministers are pushing 2m rule to be decreased to 1m but not sure that would have huge difference.

TLDR: After 10th August in theory. In practice will have to wait and see I guess!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Atm the whole gig experience is damaged

public transport is limited

Pubs/restraunts are in the same boat (closed now)

Public drinking is frowned upon and possibly even stronger atm. Means no pre gig cans/bottles outside the venue

Toliet facilities are venues would be a nightmare

Getting everything back to normal and then resuming from there is the best shot

I think social distancing will be with us for the forseeable future so I don't know how it's gonna work tbh! Livenation are planning streamed gigs, reduced capacity gigs and drive-in gigs in the Autumn so will be interesting to see how that works.

And any gigs that are due to go ahead later this year, whether they can manage to under the circumstances. Not sure why anyone would buy a ticket for gig without knowing if it will go ahead or what the experience would be like so very uncertain times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

After 10th August so phase is when in theory gigs can happen but that's with social distancing:

''Festivals, events and other social and cultural mass gatherings only in accordance with both indoor and outdoor numbers and where social distancing can be complied with.''

https://www.gov.ie/en/news/58bc8b-taoiseach-announces-roadmap-for-reopening-society-and-business-and-u/

I know there's gigs being sold and rescheduled for later this year, October, November etc. Not sure are they selling full capacity for the new gigs. I know some Ministers are pushing 2m rule to be decreased to 1m but not sure that would have huge difference.

TLDR: After 10th August in theory. In practice will have to wait and see I guess!

Social distancing will he completly unworkable at gigs weather its 1 or 2 meters so id take it he date with a pinch of salt. Venues like the button factory, voodoo lounge or even the academy would be able to fit near enough nobody with staff factored in at that rate.

• Advertisement

Not sure why anyone would buy a ticket for gig without knowing if it will go ahead or what the experience would be like so very uncertain times now.

Especially when T/M have changed the rules so you don't get the booking fees back now for tickets bought.

Social distancing will he completly unworkable at gigs weather its 1 or 2 meters so id take it he date with a pinch of salt. Venues like the button factory, voodoo lounge or even the academy would be able to fit near enough nobody with staff factored in at that rate.

I think it's that the public health rules would take precedence so if it's unworkable venues couldn't host gigs. Things could change between now and then of course, bones of 3 months between now and then.

Article here reckons it will could be artists paying for reduced fees or charging those who can pay it a more experience ticket price for reduced capacity gig.

I guess reality is nobody really knows how it will play out though so really a case of waiting and seeing

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/can-live-music-and-theatre-return-with-social-distancing-1.4256194

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Especially when T/M have changed the rules so you don't get the booking fees back now for tickets bought.

Yeah that too! I've a few gigs rescheduled til next year but I'd be slow to buy tickets for any new gigs without knowing how things will play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got two refunds this week for orders that I paid for in TM gift cards - with a tiny balance paid for by visa, surprisingly got full amount refunded to my visa which I wasn't expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Are we entitled to a refund if a gig is rescheduled, and not cancelled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Are we entitled to a refund if a gig is rescheduled, and not cancelled?

Depends on when you bought your ticket. If you bought it before all this sh1t started, you're entitled to a refund if the new date doesn't suit but they recently removed this from their T&Cs so for tickets bought recently, you're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Depends on when you bought your ticket. If you bought it before all this sh1t started, you're entitled to a refund if the new date doesn't suit but they recently removed this from their T&Cs so for tickets bought recently, you're not.

That’s not in Europe

Yes you are entitled to a refund if a gig is rescheduled or cancelled

You need to wait for a new date to be announced but are then entitled to a refund

Service charge may not be refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

maximoose wrote: »
    Got two refunds this week for orders that I paid for in TM gift cards - with a tiny balance paid for by visa, surprisingly got full amount refunded to my visa which I wasn't expecting

I was the same with one of the refunds, makes it a lot easier

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

People getting angry now :D

https://twitter.com/BaggyHamster/status/1264178431723536387

• Advertisement

He's dead right.
    5 days to the first gig and still nothing, what are they waiting for?
    If they don't have new dates sorted, just postpone it and do what they have
    done for other concerts, new date TBC!
    At this rate, people will standing outside the 3Arena on Friday waiting to get in.

Advertisement