Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

For anyone who has had a gig cancelled outright and got a refund back from Ticketmater, how long did it take roughly? Know the mail got said it could be max of 28 days which is next Wednesday so wondering should I expect a bit of a wait after that? Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

Eod100 wrote: »
    For anyone who has had a gig cancelled outright and got a refund back from Ticketmater, how long did it take roughly? Know the mail got said it could be max of 28 days which is next Wednesday so wondering should I expect a bit of a wait after that? Thanks a lot!

I got an email Tuesday saying a gig was cancelled. Money was back in my account Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭jimmymack

Eod100 wrote: »

I got refunded fairly quickly for Toots and the Maytals, might have been two weeks tops? Different story for rescheduled gigs though, I asked for a Killers refund a month ago and I've heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

jimmymack wrote: »
    I got refunded fairly quickly for Toots and the Maytals, might have been two weeks tops? Different story for rescheduled gigs though, I asked for a Killers refund a month ago and I've heard nothing.

I got my killers refund on may 6th. Applied May 1st. Tried to give me the run around, had to politely demand a refund.

Guns N Roses on the other hand........the June 2020 gig is waiting to be rescheduled, therefore it is cancelled, yet they refuse to provide a refund until the reschedule date is confirmed by the promotor.

Which is absolute BS.

Thanks a lot, double checked my account and yeah got it back a few days later. Completely missed it at the time, thanks a lot! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Hoboo wrote: »
    I got my killers refund on may 6th. Applied May 1st. Tried to give me the run around, had to politely demand a refund.

Guns N Roses on the other hand........the June 2020 gig is waiting to be rescheduled, therefore it is cancelled, yet they refuse to provide a refund until the reschedule date is confirmed by the promotor.

Which is absolute BS.

You'll be able to force their hand once the original gig date has passed. Right now they're relying upon it being still possible (in theory but clearly not realistically) to manage their liquidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CELBRIDGE HOOP

Which is absolute BS.

Guns N Roses is not cancelled. It's postponed. Big difference when looking for a refund.

Guns N Roses is not cancelled. It's postponed. Big difference when looking for a refund.

It is only up until the original gig date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ricky Gervais has eventually been postponed ,surprise surprise.
    MCD and everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves that they left it until 4 days beforehand to announce the inevitable.

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1264851771559682049

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Took their time!

Still going to hold on to my ticket, mind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Took them that long to postpone it only to find out they still don't a new date for it? :mad:
    The event organisers are working hard to arrange new dates
    Only known it wouldn't happen for last 2 months!
    Guessing a new date won't be for a while yet so enjoy minding my money chaps.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I wonder what will happen will all the tours that were originally booked for the likes of summer 2021 before all this covid-19 stuff, will they push their tours back till 2022?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder what will happen will all the tours that were originally booked for the likes of summer 2021 before all this covid-19 stuff, will they push their tours back till 2022?

Possibly The 2021 market could be really over saturated and would be a bit of a scum move for someone to announce a 'new 2021 tour' in a possible damaged economy

Way things are going nobody knows what's happening

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Took them that long to postpone it only to find out they still don't a new date for it? :mad:

Confirmed for Jan 15th and 16th .
    Only took them 1 day to rearrange.

Terrible new dates though

Yeah I've noticed promoters postponing to January a bit. Guess they're trying to squeeze in as many gigs as possible next year and they and venues might have gigs booked for summer 2021 already too. Not ideal for gig goers to be fair, I guess they know gigs are sold out so majority will go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Still nothing on new dates for Duran Duran, GNR, Hella Mega tour and Kings of Leon

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Still nothing on new dates for Duran Duran, GNR, Hella Mega tour and Kings of Leon

Yeah still waiting on a new date for the National too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

PTH2009 wrote: »

You're like a dog with a bone about the Duran Duran gig, and I say that as someone who has a ticket.

The St. Anne's show was a standalone gig among a batch of festival dates. In fact, other than BST Hyde Park, which can kind of be seen as a festival show, I think it was their only non-festival appearance.

They're obviously figuring out if it's feasible to honour the Dublin show, and this is taking time to resolve. It's not like rescheduling a batch of arena shows. We know it's postponed and further updates will follow.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I won't be going to the postponement and my ticket says June 2020. They can call it what they like. It's not happening this June as they know. I appreciate they're hoping to retain as many sold tickets as possible, but I'm not in the business of helping bankroll multi-million companies or bands.

Someone else said about waiting for the date to pass. There are gigs on ticketmaster from the start of may that are still waiting for a rescheduled date....... Ticketmaster tell me they can't refund until a rescheduled date is in place, the promotor holds the cards.

Someone else said about waiting for the date to pass. There are gigs on ticketmaster from the start of may that are still waiting for a rescheduled date....... Ticketmaster tell me they can't refund until a rescheduled date is in place, the promotor holds the cards.

Chargeback with your bank if the date has passed and they're not refunding you. Simple. The waiting for a date is nonsense. In theory, they could hold it in perpetuity. It's untrue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Zardoz wrote: »
    Confirmed for Jan 15th and 16th .
    Only took them 1 day to rearrange.

Terrible new dates though

yeah just saw the email with the new dates. Then searched for tickets and I can now get into row 25 block E which is pretty close to the stage. Think I'll get a refund and then purchase the block E tickets because at the moment we're sat literally in the back row of the entire arena and that was from the Three pre-sale, what a load of sh1te, I thought pre-sales were supposed to at least get you something decent instead of selling the crap seats first, is that the strategy with pre-sales or is it pot luck?

Has anyone gone the refund route and how long did it take?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah just saw the email with the new dates. Then searched for tickets and I can now get into row 25 block E which is pretty close to the stage. Think I'll get a refund and then purchase the block E tickets because at the moment we're sat literally in the back row of the entire arena and that was from the Three pre-sale, what a load of sh1te, I thought pre-sales were supposed to at least get you something decent instead of selling the crap seats first, is that the strategy with pre-sales or is it pot luck?

Has anyone gone the refund route and how long did it take?

You could upgrade your seats too ,thats always an option with gigs.
    If you see better seats than the ones you bought originally ,you can ring Ticketmaster up and they will upgrade the seats .
    There is a fee of 6 euro but I usually find that they don't charge it .

cheers Zardoz, didnt know that is possible. But is their phone number one of those 0818 numbers that charges you a fortune to ring from a mobile? If it is I might be just better getting the refund than ringing them and being on hold for an age.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Muahahaha wrote: »
    cheers Zardoz, didnt know that is possible. But is their phone number one of those 0818 numbers that charges you a fortune to ring from a mobile? If it is I might be just better getting the refund than ringing them and being on hold for an age.

https://www.comreg.ie/changes-to-the-cost-of-calling-1800-1850-1890-0818-and-076-numbers/

ah nice one, didnt know charges on 0818 numbers had been scrapped, fair play to Comreg because the price of the call used to put you off even ringing them. Sky, Ryanair and Ticketmaster were always the companies I associated with charging you a small fortune to just talk to them as a customer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

101264362_10157664411643878_7483130272964149248_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=ahRzhGYTtPEAX9H_YQg&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=4d56fa51aba3ebe48719d2da153e098d&oe=5EF4F32F

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

101264362_10157664411643878_7483130272964149248_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=ahRzhGYTtPEAX9H_YQg&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=4d56fa51aba3ebe48719d2da153e098d&oe=5EF4F32F

Is this their second reschedule?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Third

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I won't be going to the postponement and my ticket says June 2020. They can call it what they like. It's not happening this June as they know. I appreciate they're hoping to retain as many sold tickets as possible, but I'm not in the business of helping bankroll multi-million companies or bands.

Never mind May, Santana was cancelled at the end of March and still no word of a new date or cancellation, two months later.

• Advertisement

The National gig's rescheduled for a year later I think. Was worried they might not be so delighted to see this! :)

Limerick, Sunday 6th June 2021

Cork, Monday 7th June 2021

Belfast, Tuesday 8th June 2021

https://twitter.com/mydolans/status/1265962220627857412

https://twitter.com/aikenpromotions/status/1265961066418364416

Advertisement