Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Even if a gig was allowed happen here under certain circumstances the reality is that most of them especially the bigger gigs are part of European or even world tours, I would think most bands will only do a tour based on a certain amount of gigs happening to make them properly worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

salmocab wrote: »
    Even if a gig was allowed happen here under certain circumstances the reality is that most of them especially the bigger gigs are part of European or even world tours, I would think most bands will only do a tour based on a certain amount of gigs happening to make them properly worthwhile.

yeah true, so many places would have different rules

Genesis in Nov/Dec are only doing the UK and Ireland, hard to know what will happen in that regard. Im guessing Full Euro tours will be postponed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

CMO was asked about crowds at GAA matches later in the year and said will depend on whether social distancing and restrictions on mass gatherings will be lifted but these will be one of the last measures lifted. Just for what it's worth for gigs.

Eod100 wrote: »
    CMO was asked about crowds at GAA matches later in the year and said will depend on whether social distancing and restrictions on mass gatherings will be lifted but these will be one of the last measures lifted. Just for what it's worth for gigs.

really wait and see i suppose

regardless happy day for the country with a light at the end of the tunnel

PTH2009 wrote: »
    really wait and see i suppose

regardless happy day for the country with a light at the end of the tunnel

Yeah exactly, it was in context of GAA planning return to games and we're going to have to live with the virus so think crowds of some shape and size will return, just a case of when. Great day today, hopefully steadily get back to some normality! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

gmisk wrote: »
    Has anyone heard about the HAIM gig in trinity?
    I know the specials one was rescheduled but heard nothing about Haim one and can't find anything online
    nothing yet, they haven't announced any new dates for any of their gigs it seems.
    still trying to work out a schedule for next year i presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Had anyone gotten a refund for the Trinity gigs? I requested one and got an email back saying the tickets were valid for the new date and ignoring my request for the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Genesis in Nov/Dec are only doing the UK and Ireland, hard to know what will happen in that regard. Im guessing Full Euro tours will be postponed

Judging by the poor ticket sales, the second nights have sold very poorly in alot of cities, they will push it back a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Had anyone gotten a refund for the Trinity gigs? I requested one and got an email back saying the tickets were valid for the new date and ignoring my request for the refund.

I don't think they're allowed to do that.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Penfailed wrote: »
    I don't think they're allowed to do that.

I didn't think so either. Tickets were bought in February before any changes to T&C were made. I replied to their email requesting the refund again.

• Advertisement

I didn't think so either. Tickets were bought in February before any changes to T&C were made. I replied to their email requesting the refund again.

Fingers crossed.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

should be in St Annes Park now for Duran Duran :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

be thankful, they are ****e

Was meant to be at the National tomorrow so feel your pain! Hopefully be back to getting to gigs over the next few months all going well sure :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Should be getting excited to head to Sunstroke this coming weekend :(

Should be getting excited to head to Sunstroke this coming weekend :(

Yep. The original Vantastival date has been and gone too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Today you would be waking up with a severe hangover so swings and roundabouts? ;)
    At least you only have 370 more days to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

https://imgur.com/a/Ep9qwHA

Exit Festival in Serbia is on this summer, seems to be the only major festival that is. 13-16 August.
    They're claiming it will be on in a limited capacity, but didn't specify what that capacity is yet. No lineup announced either. Be interesting to see how this all plays out, as the organisers have said if the case numbers spike that certain nations won't be permitted to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I had tickets to Andre Rieu for Easter in 3.
    Around that time it was rescheduled to this September.
    In limbo now waiting for news if it will go ahead.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Eod100 wrote: »

Knowing Tony Holohan by this stage that is code for letting events go ahead in other countries first and then see what happens or if there is any traced outbreaks in the aftermath. Would imagine the Premier League with fans back in October/November could be what Holohan uses to determine his decision and advice for GAA matches.

Anyway I emailed TM about my Ricky Gervais tickets hoping to get an upgrade from the very back row to same priced available seats near the stage. Had said if that is not possible Id like a refund. They ignored the upgrade request and emailed to say a refund is processing in the next 5-7 days so I'll just buy the better seats when that comes though. Will cost me an extra booking fee but worth it over being a mile from the stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Simply Red in October has been pushed back to October 2021 due to Covid-19.

https://imgur.com/a/Ep9qwHA

Exit Festival in Serbia is on this summer, seems to be the only major festival that is. 13-16 August.
    They're claiming it will be on in a limited capacity, but didn't specify what that capacity is yet. No lineup announced either. Be interesting to see how this all plays out, as the organisers have said if the case numbers spike that certain nations won't be permitted to attend.

You'd wonder how they would police/enforce that. Passport wouldn't work because could be living in another country.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Knowing Tony Holohan by this stage that is code for letting events go ahead in other countries first and then see what happens or if there is any traced outbreaks in the aftermath. Would imagine the Premier League with fans back in October/November could be what Holohan uses to determine his decision and advice for GAA matches.

Possibly yeah. He was asked specifically on GAA planning to have crowds in Croke Park later this year but brushed past it. Talk of 2m being reduced in hospitality. Not sure whether that would stretch to gigs but even if it did, I think the main stumbling block could still be the mass gathering bit. Hopefully in a few months will have a better idea I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyway I emailed TM about my Ricky Gervais tickets hoping to get an upgrade from the very back row to same priced available seats near the stage. Had said if that is not possible Id like a refund. They ignored the upgrade request and emailed to say a refund is processing in the next 5-7 days so I'll just buy the better seats when that comes though. Will cost me an extra booking fee but worth it over being a mile from the stage.

Will you not get the original tickets refunded to include the s.c?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

I notice a lot of gigs are being rescheduled for next year.Sadly,Jeff Lynne canceled his for October.Wonder why he didn't just postpone it til October 2021? Was really looking forward to seeing him again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Hella Mega being rescheudled currently, some european countries have announced dates today

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Hella Mega being rescheudled currently, some european countries have announced dates today

New date announced for hella Mega

June 30th

Venue TBA now so not back at the RDS

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

bennyl10 wrote: »
    New date announced for hella Mega

June 30th

Venue TBA now so not back at the RDS

Its coming up as the RDS on ticketmaster

Its coming up as the RDS on ticketmaster

Yup ticket master will have RDS

MCd, hella mega and green day all have TBA

Very weird

• Advertisement

All my summer 2020 concerts rescheduled and now the wait for the post summer ones to be rescheduled

Genesis- hoping it will be early 2021

Ozzy- **** knows what's happening for that one at this stage

Dont have a ticket for Elton John yet but hoping to pick up a ticket for whatever date it will be

Advertisement