Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Eod100 wrote: »
    Indiependence cancelled for next summer unfortunately https://twitter.com/Indie_pendence/status/1321721408137895939?s=19

It doesn't sound as though that's due to Covid...hmmmm.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Still waiting on the The Gaiety panto to be cancelled/rescheduled. It starts in a month's time and still no correspondence.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Penfailed wrote: »
    It doesn't sound as though that's due to Covid...hmmmm.

Yea its weird that they are moving from Mitchelstown, maybe the field they used is being sold or being built on. Tbh I went to the festival twice and loved the area since you could walk back into Mitchelstown for beer/food etc and walk back plus because of the size it was easy to get around.
    Hopefully they do come back in 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

recyclebin wrote: »
    What are Ticketmaster like for refunds these days? Do they give a full refund for gigs cancelled or postponed because of Covid?

We were supposed to be going to Ludovico Einaudi gig on 13 March 2020. That got rescheduled to 25 November 2020 so obviously not going ahead. I'd prefer to get a refund as this stage rather than another new date.

Got the Ludo email this morning from Ticketmaster, seems it's straight up cancelled and refunds will be issued.

I had missed out on the 13 Mar date as it didn't suit...but then had hope for the it being rescheduled to November thinking all would be sunshine and daffodils by then.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

rubadub wrote: »
    Where did you see that date? I still see 19th on the olympia site and ticketmaster.

Actually doing a search I see this, so guess you might have seen the 21 for 2021

Tickets The Chats, Dublin | Mon 19 Apr 21 19:00 ...

The Chats are rescheduled again .... March 2022 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

RayCon wrote: »
    The Chats are rescheduled again .... March 2022 :(

Yeah, I got the notice about that, they'll be auld fellas by the time they play again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Mr.S wrote: »
    I think it's just their original 15 year agreement to use the site is up.

Site owner probably is jacking up the price as I'm guessing Indie got a great deal originally.

It's moving closer to Cork - https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40073546.html

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its not the pandemic postponing the tour, its the fact that his health is completely shot and he is likely to never tour again.
    What I'd like to see (yes, I still have my ticket) is that Priest get to end up as headline slot if its possible, then have a great support. I'd still keep that ticket to see Priest do their Firepower album tour they didn't visit here with.

Here's hoping of a good outcome. I don't see Ozzy touring again, not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,569 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yea its weird that they are moving from Mitchelstown, maybe the field they used is being sold or being built on. Tbh I went to the festival twice and loved the area since you could walk back into Mitchelstown for beer/food etc and walk back plus because of the size it was easy to get around.
    Hopefully they do come back in 2022

Apparently the owner of the field wanted to be paid for the site for this year and they had a falling out.
    They thanked everybody apart from him. Even the farmer the got another piece off land off.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Milena009

Snoop Dogg postponed from 19/02/2021 to 12th September 2021
    Originally 9/04/2020

shall see how many more are going to be postponed :confused: Although my next booked is June 2021 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Apparently the owner of the field wanted to be paid for the site for this year and they had a falling out.
    They thanked everybody apart from him. Even the farmer the got another piece off land off.[/quote

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. No doubt other farmers considering the disruption & extra admin & workload will bear note.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Positive news on the vaccine expecting/hoping to have a very busy Autumn 2021 gig wise

Cant see the gigs for Jan-July 2021 going ahead as scheduled which means again no bloody MCR and Mega Hella for the summer. The Who (5th March 21) and Genesis (15th April 21) will prob be moved too Autumn 2021

Think the gig industry will receive a massive well needed boost in finances when they can return. People will flock to them

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Positive news on the vaccine expecting/hoping to have a very busy Autumn 2021 gig wise

Cant see the gigs for Jan-July 2021 going ahead as scheduled which means again no bloody MCR and Mega Hella for the summer. The Who (5th March 21) and Genesis (15th April 21) will prob be moved too Autumn 2021

Think the gig industry will receive a massive well needed boost in finances when they can return. People will flock to them

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/business/touring/9481166/ticketmaster-vaccine-check-concerts-plan?fbclid=IwAR1scDH0k2TdmL55_axTjvouvYQb7y8_so9lw7PkI7aZJTpNjRfYKQy-IRc

No gigs without vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Several Posts Deleted

Please Keep Discussion On Topic

There Are Other Forums For Discussion Of The Science Of Vaccines

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

This Is The Kit rescheduled from March to November 2021.

https://twitter.com/singularartists/status/1329001425473576960

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just over a month after announcing a tour for next June , Gary Barlow has had to push it back to November 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Zardoz wrote: »
    Just over a month after announcing a tour for next June , Gary Barlow has had to push it back to November 2021.

It always seemed optimistic but it seems a bit cynical of them to flog summer gigs, get the cash in before Christmas and then delay it.

Eod100 wrote: »
    It always seemed optimistic but it seems a bit cynical of them to flog summer gigs, get the cash in before Christmas and then delay it.

Yes it was cynical.
    Ticket sales for it were shocking too so they have pushed it back to November to stimulate more demand as Christmas presents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drawnacrol

I'm getting endless emails and texts about gigs next year. Summer gigs are very ambitious so I won't be buying anything until the day of but on the bright side its a sign of whats to come. When this is over we will be inundated with gigs. I try to go to one a month because often bands don't come back to Ireland for years and sometimes not at all. I've got a feeling we will be seeing a lot more bands come here that would usually not.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

drawnacrol wrote: »
    I'm getting endless emails and texts about gigs next year. Summer gigs are very ambitious so I won't be buying anything until the day of but on the bright side its a sign of whats to come. When this is over we will be inundated with gigs. I try to go to one a month because often bands don't come back to Ireland for years and sometimes not at all. I've got a feeling we will be seeing a lot more bands come here that would usually not.

Touring continental Europe will become a lot more complicated for UK acts post-Brexit apparently so that should also increase the number of gigs in Ireland once the pandemic is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drawnacrol

Touring continental Europe will become a lot more complicated for UK acts post-Brexit apparently so that should also increase the number of gigs in Ireland once the pandemic is over.

I didn't think of that so thats great but does that also mean its harder for bands to tour UK and then enter Ireland via the ferry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

drawnacrol wrote: »
    I didn't think of that so thats great but does that also mean its harder for bands to tour UK and then enter Ireland via the ferry.

Most bands either start or end their tour here purely because of the logistics of getting their gear over here, if bands skip the uk because of brexit, it's not going to be financially viable for whelans level bands to play ireland.

I imagine they'll bring in some sort of artist visa waiver that will allow artists to tour the UK.....

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

i have tickets for madcool and primavera 2021 but I envisage they will both be cancelled/not worth it if they go ahead.

Spain are on about mandatory masks for all of 2021 vaccine or no vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Ocean Colour Scene Cancelled and not being rescheduled. Refunds issued

GD3YfEt.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Major concerts and matches may not go ahead in summer, Varadkar warns

"Under the law it is possible for companies organising those events to cancel them and reschedule them. They don’t have to refund the cost of tickets. They can reschedule them.

“I think people who are buying a ticket should be aware of that that they’re not guaranteed a refund. They might find it being rescheduled.”

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Nal wrote: »

"Under the law it is possible for companies organising those events to cancel them and reschedule them. They don’t have to refund the cost of tickets. They can reschedule them.

“I think people who are buying a ticket should be aware of that that they’re not guaranteed a refund. They might find it being rescheduled.”

They will probably be happening in other European countries

A few other countries are starting to trial limited capacity events in stadiums and Arenas

What are we doing in Ireland like that ?

The Nal wrote: »

Leo mouthing off again.
    You'd think he'd actually be aware of the law before he speaks and gives incorrect information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    They will probably be happening in other European countries

A few other countries are starting to trial limited capacity events in stadiums and Arenas

What are we doing in Ireland like that ?

We had spectators at sporting events during the summer. How did that work out?

Advertisement