Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    They will probably be happening in other European countries

A few other countries are starting to trial limited capacity events in stadiums and Arenas

What are we doing in Ireland like that ?

During one of the NPHET press conferences a reporter asked with cinemas being reopened as of this week, why are theatres/venues not allowed to reopen in a similar capacity etc which Holohan just answered they havenet even thought about it which is a massive kick in the b***s for the arts industry.

If you can go the a cinema for the bones of 1.30-2hrs why cant you go to a socially distanced show/gig/play etc. At least give them a chance too and monitor how it is working out to see if it could slowly being the opening of the arts sector instead of just pushing it to the back.

Its probably one of the only sectors that has really been totally forgotten about, even thought members of EPIC and the likes have everything ready to present to government/nphet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    i have tickets for madcool and primavera 2021 but I envisage they will both be cancelled/not worth it if they go ahead.

Spain are on about mandatory masks for all of 2021 vaccine or no vaccine.

It would still be better than staying at home and doing nothing but based on the ability that the spanish have demonstrated to deal with this I don't think there'll be gigs and festivals in spain this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you can go the a cinema for the bones of 1.30-2hrs why cant you go to a socially distanced show/gig/play etc. At least give them a chance too and monitor how it is working out to see if it could slowly being the opening of the arts sector instead of just pushing it to the back.
    The problem is thinking of one type of "gig".

Cinemas are mostly very similar, gigs & pubs are not. In other threads I was asking how you can legally differentiate between a quiet "rural auld lad pub" and a "city centre night club style pub". Some saying "ah shut up, nobody is asking for nightclubs to open, don't be stupid" but then going all quiet when asked about pubs which are basically nightclubs without the very late opening hours.

I have been at many "fully seated" gigs which were no such thing, and overwhelmed security if they tried to enforce it. I am no "party pooper" or whatever you might call it, I want to go to gigs but can fully understand why they would have reservations and be wary of people bending the rules -such as asking people to be fully seated knowing fine well it is never going to happen. Very difficult to try and put a legal definition on some things, so all fall under it.

I feel sorry for the pubs and concert venues where people actually would likely 100% comply with rules, like the pretty empty "rural auld lad pubs" or the likes of a sedate play or orchestra playing mozart in the concert hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

If you can go the a cinema for the bones of 1.30-2hrs why cant you go to a socially distanced show/gig/play etc. A

People stay in the same seat in the cinema and dont sing and basically spit all over other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

The Nal wrote: »
    People stay in the same seat in the cinema and dont sing and basically spit all over other people.

and there’s no mosh pit in bars now that they’ve done away with standing & ordering at the counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mr.S wrote: »
    We need a tailored approached to events as the blanket ban doesn't make sense.

No reason why theatre shows can't go with limited capacity seating, ala cinemas. Same with seated concerts in the likes of NCH, Board Gais Theatre etc. I'm sure it will come down to operating costs and returns from limited attendance though, and it might not make sense to even run them.

I'd suspect in 2021 we will see those types of events go ahead, but normal gigs / concerts / festivals will still be cancelled. I can't see summer festivals happening in 2021.

Next year will all be about the vaccine rollout. It's hard to imagine anything major happening before that.

I went to see Paddy Casey in September and the layout was great. Social distancing seats, drinks pre ordered etc

Its disgraceful that there's no plan for gigs even when we do exit lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Alan30

We are very disappointed to announce that the Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds 2021 UK and European tour can no longer go ahead due to the ongoing situation with Covid-19.

The complexity and scale of the tour we had planned, combined with the continued uncertainty around the pandemic means that despite the hard work of everyone involved we have not been able to guarantee that the shows can happen.

For information on refunds please contact your point of purchase.

We are continuing to work on alternative plans for 2021 and 2022 and hope to announce some better news next year.

Sending love to you all.

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,456 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Alan30 wrote: »
    We are very disappointed to announce that the Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds 2021 UK and European tour can no longer go ahead due to the ongoing situation with Covid-19.

The complexity and scale of the tour we had planned, combined with the continued uncertainty around the pandemic means that despite the hard work of everyone involved we have not been able to guarantee that the shows can happen.

For information on refunds please contact your point of purchase.

We are continuing to work on alternative plans for 2021 and 2022 and hope to announce some better news next year.

Sending love to you all.

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds.

Ticketmaster still selling seats of course. Hopefully a pain free refund will be in the works. They've had our money long enough. :rolleyes:

Genesis will deff be moved again to maybe next Autumn or 2022

****ing virus

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Genesis will deff be moved again to maybe next Autumn or 2022

****ing virus

Every cloud and all that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Looks like there's test gigs/plays happening in NCH and Abbey this month so hopefully means a path to gigs returning in 2021.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/test-live-performances-to-take-place-in-national-concert-hall-and-abbey-theatre-1.4435584?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Guess I won't be going to the who in March and Genesis in April

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I've had three emails from Allianz Insurance refunding me Ticketmaster event insurance. They're only about €8 each.

Don't think I paid insurance when I bought tickets. Scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Guess I won't be going to the who in March and Genesis in April

Highly unlikely. I can't see any big events happening this side of the summer unfortunately.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Highly unlikely. I can't see any big events happening this side of the summer unfortunately.

Let's hope the vaccinations go well, it will be massively frustrating if we mass gatherings start to happen in other countries and us here still taking the cautions approach

With Dublin hosting 4 Euro 20/21 games it might accelerate the decision on mass gatherings. That would be massive for the irish economy

Another factor is do bands want to tour with restrictions ??. Most management companies will aim for the full €€€

Not sure was it Varadkar or Martin but seemed to be suggestion that events with large numbers wouldnt happen in first 6 months but depending on how many vaccinated might happen in second half of next year. Think Autumn 2021 was when lot of people in music industry in US predicted gigs would rerun at the start of all this. Hopefully sooner rather than later anyway once it's safe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Let's hope the vaccinations go well, it will be massively frustrating if we mass gatherings start to happen in other countries and us here still taking the cautions approach

With Dublin hosting 4 Euro 20/21 games it might accelerate the decision on mass gatherings. That would be massive for the irish economy

Another factor is do bands want to tour with restrictions ??. Most management companies will aim for the full €€€

I reckon the euros will be behind closed doors.

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I reckon the euros will be behind closed doors.

Decision not been made til March

Have a ticket for one of the games and tbh would rather just get the refund for it

I think we'd be very lucky to have large gatherings back by Summer 2021.

HSE have said they intend to complete the vaccination programme by August 2021 - that's assuming that nothing goes wrong or issue with stock.

That's before you take into account all the extra logistical headaches and potential increase in insurance - you'd imagine providers would be a little tetchy at providing insurance / or more likely charge insane premiums.

My best guess is that we'll see some sort of smaller events in H2 2021 before things start to "go back to normal" for 2022.

August seems very optimistic too unfortunately even aside from any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Plus if you take into account the majority of concert goers (assuming they are healthy) will be in the last two tiers to get the vaccine..

And the fact that touring crews won't necessarily be Irish so may not be vaccinated til long after.

• Advertisement

Hope I'm wrong but think my first and only concert of 2021 will be Elton John in December

Very possible no concerts this year too

Theres a curse on the Mega Hella and MCR shows

This is worth a read on it. Person from Aiken basically saying wouldn't happen until most people are vaccinated alright:

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/2021-the-year-live-music-returns-1.4437611

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Eod100 wrote: »

There is zero chance that Glastonbury is going ahead this year.
    None

Zardoz wrote: »
    There is zero chance that Glastonbury is going ahead this year.
    None

Yup, just a matter of when it's officially cancelled really at this stage.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yup, just a matter of when it's officially cancelled really at this stage.

Among other things too

****ing disaster

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0105/1187800-micheal-martin-interview/

More or less eliminates summer gatherings

Maybe UK and Irish bands can play here cause of the location

Who knows really

Kilkenny Roots festival set to go ahead May bank holiday cancelled.

Say writing is on wall for lot of gigs/festivals between now and summer but interesting to see them cancel this far out.

https://www.facebook.com/KilkennyRootsFestival/posts/3530714243630783

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

http://iradio.ie/festival-chief-hugely-optimistic-for-2021-festivals/

Dermot Desmond confident summer festivals will go ahead...... Big statement but realistically he knows the sum total of **** all, same as the rest of us.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

hynesie08 wrote: »
    http://iradio.ie/festival-chief-hugely-optimistic-for-2021-festivals/

Dermot Desmond confident summer festivals will go ahead...... Big statement but realistically he knows the sum total of **** all, same as the rest of us.....

Whatever hes smoking, Id like some.

Advertisement