Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

hynesie08 wrote: »
    So at no point this year will someone perform live music in front of a crowd? That's just wrong, considering it happened last year......

If you're pro government and anti NPHET, then our esteemed government have said all vaccinations will be done by August, how will there be no gigs this year?

Are the words "I think it extremely unlikely" not clear enough for you?

Perhaps I should have added in the caveat "in front of anything other than a socially distanced audience".

Given that you yourself meekly accept the government's (imho) overly optimistic vaccines forecast, dismissing me as pro-government and NYPHET on the basis of one post is a bit rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Based on their before Christmas ignoring of NPHET advice, I wouldn't trust anything that comes from Government regarding vaccine timetables.

They haven't a notion between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 T55PLUS

T55PLUS wrote: »
    What's the story with rescheduled events. Is it still possible to get a refund?

Alternatively better tickets for the gig have opened up due to presumable people cancelling tickets. Is it possible to get tickets transferred to a different seat of the same price?

Cheers

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 T55PLUS

What's the story with rescheduled events. Is it still possible to get a refund?

Alternatively better tickets for the gig have opened up due to presumable people cancelling tickets. Is it possible to get tickets transferred to a different seat of the same price?

Cheers

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Anyone?

If the date of an event is changed you are entitled to a refund.
    You will have to contact Ticketmaster or whoever the seller is to process the refund.

If you see better tickets on Ticketmaster you can have them upgraded under the fan guarantee
    https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360019928573-Fan-Guarantee
    We can only offer exchanges for tickets in the same price bracket or higher, subject to a €6 admin fee per booking. Please be aware that if an event does sell out, an exchange won't be available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Remember they had full capacity shows in the 3Arena a little under a week til lockdown 1 last March

Did any covid cases come from that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Remember they had full capacity shows in the 3Arena a little under a week til lockdown 1 last March

Did any covid cases come from that?

I don't think the tracing would be that resourced to know definitively either way and probably relatively small number of cases at the start before it got widespread.

Country 2 Country 2021 has been cancelled with tickets now valid for the 2022 event which will take place in the 3Arena on 11-13 March 2022

Sadly first of many cancellations/reschedules for 2021

Country 2 Country 2021 has been cancelled with tickets now valid for the 2022 event which will take place in the 3Arena on 11-13 March 2022

Sadly first of many cancellations/reschedules for 2021

Yeah I've a few gigs coming up in April, May and June. Just waiting for them to be cancelled at this stage unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Milena009

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah I've a few gigs coming up in April, May and June. Just waiting for them to be cancelled at this stage unfortunately.

Same
    I have about three gigs in June ( all open air) however just waiting for cancellations at this point as it's been already postponed from last year.

Same have 2 3Arena shows in March/April which will be either postponed or cancelled

The Who- 5th March 21 (rescheduled from 18th March 2020)
    Genesis- 15th April 21 (rescheduled from 16th November 2020)

Onto the summer yet again looking like we will see cancellations/postponements

My 2 shows are for MCR in KH and Hella Mega tour in the RDS

Only have Elton John for the end of this year and I'm praying ill be there for that. He's due to a start touring in September and hopefully the world will be in a better position by then and also that UK visa issue will be sorted successfully by then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

If everyone tested negative 48 hours before and wore masks in an outdoor gig, would that not allow gigs to go ahead? Is it just an insurance thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If everyone tested negative 48 hours before and wore masks in an outdoor gig, would that not allow gigs to go ahead? Is it just an insurance thing?

You could not put on an outdoor gig in ireland (or anywhere) and make money without a bar, so that's a no go unfortunately.

I think the big hurdle would be whether thousands of people could meet and then even if they could social distrancing would exist so not sure how it would work for large outdoor gigs. For tests maybe it would be part of gigs returning but guess someone could pick it up after the test or get a false not detected result. Then whether bands can come over from abroad if they have to quarantine for 5 days and then get a test etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The enormous issue is how verification of tests would work because unless there is an absolutely foolproof system in place where they can be verified and verified to that attendee, the entire venue could be exposed and a massive outbreak occur if its either not policed or not secured.

Then there is the related issue of being refused access because you don't have verification of a test - will terms and conditions adequately cover this. And if a gig is cancelled at last minute notice due to a failed or unverified test for the act, it would cost a fortune where the alternative is just to postpone the gig til it will categorically go ahead

Additionally, wearing masks is impossible to police and people will take them off to eat/drink at the very least.

Gigs just wont happen until everyone is vaccinated unless they are sit down gigs with small, easy to police, attendance numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

nc6000 wrote: »
    Not good.....
    Inevitable.. and the right decision..

.. but still a punch in the gut!

nc6000 wrote: »

Think that could be it for big gigs and festivals this summer unfortunately. Writing was on the wall alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Same have 2 3Arena shows in March/April which will be either postponed or cancelled

The Who- 5th March 21 (rescheduled from 18th March 2020)
    Genesis- 15th April 21 (rescheduled from 16th November 2020)

Onto the summer yet again looking like we will see cancellations/postponements

My 2 shows are for MCR in KH and Hella Mega tour in the RDS

Only have Elton John for the end of this year and I'm praying ill be there for that. He's due to a start touring in September and hopefully the world will be in a better position by then and also that UK visa issue will be sorted successfully by then

Genesis @ 3Arena, is now rescheduled to Wednesday September 15th & Thursday September 16th

• Advertisement

fafy wrote: »
    Genesis @ 3Arena, is now rescheduled to Wednesday September 15th & Thursday September 16th

September seems a bit ambitious again

Jesus how great would it be if this was to turn it on again

I guess gigs in indoor venues can do the postpone a bit further each time whereas festivals and gigs in summer it will have to be next year at earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Someone might have asked this earlier on, but is there any contingency with Ticketmaster in the case that you have 2 events rescheduled to the same date?

I've got tickets to go to Genesis in Birmingham with my parents on 21/09 but they have also had a Jethro Tull gig rescheduled to the same date. So not sure what our options are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Someone might have asked this earlier on, but is there any contingency with Ticketmaster in the case that you have 2 events rescheduled to the same date?

I've got tickets to go to Genesis in Birmingham with my parents on 21/09 but they have also had a Jethro Tull gig rescheduled to the same date. So not sure what our options are now.

Pick one and get a refund on the other.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Penfailed wrote: »
    Pick one and get a refund on the other.

I've been trying to find the refund policy on ticketmaster but they don't make it easy. I wasn't sure we would be able to just get a refund. The ideal solution would be to go to Genesis on one of the other nights as they are playing 3 nights. I suppose I'll have to get on to ticketmaster and see what the options are.

Thanks!

Thats happening with me too. Crowded House in Trinity is the same night as Hella Mega tour in the RDS

I sold the Crowded House ticket on toutless early last year. I kept the buyers email address and will sort it out if that gig gets cancelled completely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Agreed, i don’t believe this will go ahead

fafy wrote: »
    Agreed, i don’t believe this will go ahead

I think it will eventually. Can't see them spending so much money on the set etc and cancelling it

Hopefully sooner rather then later

Probably not too surprising but not looking good for gigs or festivals this summer unfortunately
    : " In terms of going to concerts or large outdoor events in the summer, one government source said “no chance” – saying that that they were surprised to see the current high level of advertising for gigs.

They added that it is hoped the country can hold outdoor events or gatherings of around 50 people this summer." https://www.thejournal.ie/summer-2021-plans-covid-ireland-5335248-Jan2021/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The rescheduled Teenage Fanclub gig in Belfast in April has been rescheduled again...to April 2022... :(

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Advertisement