Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

If they bring in this New Zealand hotel quarantine thing theres no gigs here foe another year at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The Nal wrote: »
    If they bring in this New Zealand hotel quarantine thing theres no gigs here foe another year at least.

That 'year' comment was Leo spewing word vomit again i think more than reality

There wont be any large scale events until at least the autumn anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't think they will though but either way can't see crowds in big numbers allowed this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Penfailed wrote: »
    Pick one and get a refund on the other.

That's what I did when The Who and Grant Lee Philips both rescheduled for the same night.

Kept the GLP ticket (he's now rescheduled again).

Eod100 wrote: »
    Don't think they will though but either way can't see crowds in big numbers allowed this summer.

It's not going to happen and rightly so.

Much as I love going to gigs, it's a sacrifice I'm quite happy to make if it helps stop people dying from this awful disease as they did because some selfish eejits had to "save Christmas"

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

hkjohn wrote: »
    That's what I did when The Who and Grant Lee Philips both rescheduled for the same night.

Kept the GLP ticket (he's now rescheduled again).

when is GLP rescheduled to please?

tickets unavailable on TM

sydthebeat wrote: »
    when is GLP rescheduled to please?

tickets unavailable on TM

Sun 5/12/21 at Whelans. Might be worth checking their website out.

Did you see him a couple of years back with Josh Rouse. He was absolutely stunning. Went out and bought three of his solos albums the next day and have got everything else by him since then

Penfailed wrote: »
    Pick one and get a refund on the other.

Don't know if it's any help, but Ian Anderson's voice is shot to **** and Martin Barre is no longer in the band.

Any Irvine & Paul Brady rescheduled to October 2021.

https://twitter.com/foggynotions/status/1354753846170578944

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Immaculata

PTH2009 wrote: »
    My 2 shows are for MCR in KH and Hella Mega tour in the RDS

I've tickets for these two also. All I can do is wait and see, but I expect postponements or cancellations.

I've tickets for a September Bring Me The Horizon gig in London. I don't know about that one either.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Happyout just got tickets today for Billy Bragg in November 2021 now fingers crossed he doesnt get cancelled/rescheduled and we a general easing of national restrictions...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

https://www.theticketingbusiness.com/2021/02/01/stuart-galbraith-tours-may-not-return-until-april-2022/
    Kilimanjaro Live boss Stuart Galbraith believes it will not be safe to book major tours until April 2022, after writing off this summer.
    The former Live Nation UK supremo told BBC Radio 6 Music’s Liz Kershaw there is still too much uncertainty in terms of social distancing, travel and insurance to make major events viable.

“There is no insurance available at all, which is why so few shows are going on sale,” Galbraith said. “In the coming weeks we are going to see so many events scheduled for the spring and summer either cancelled or postponed. It’s just too risky.

“There will be nothing this summer. Autumn is still risky, and even moving into 2022 who’s to say we are not going to have some kind of COVID season in January, February and March? The safe money really is to postpone anything to April 2022.”

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Zardoz wrote: »

Positive news as always :rolleyes:

Fully understand where hes coming from and timeline makes sense. Saying that id be over the moon if gigs returned in Autumn 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

PAUL HEATON & JACQUI ABBOTT
    We’re very sorry and enormously frustrated to have to make this announcement, but due to the ongoing situation & social distancing rules around the UK & Ireland we have once again been forced into rescheduling our forthcoming tour dates. We’ve now moved the UK dates to October 2021 (full list below) and we’re still working on new dates for Ireland which will be announced at some point in the coming weeks. Your tickets remain valid for all the new dates. We‘re extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused by this but can’t wait to see and perform for you all. ‘Til then stay safe.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Vicar Street right? If they make that all seated with the ground floor table setup, I think you could be in luck.

The 4-person tables at the gigs I've been to a VS have been packed in like cans on a shelf. Wonder how many people will be able to attend if the gig is socially distanced (assuming, of course, that it goes ahead at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

DOVES OLYMPIA MOVED TO FEB 15TH 2022
    >>> We have just been advised that Doves at the Olympia Theatre Dublin which was rescheduled to the 6th of April 2021 has been rescheduled again due to COVID-19.

What Now?

The event will now take place at the same venue on Tuesday 15th of February 2022.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Little mix in the 3 arena. Put back to 12th April 2022

Dont start, not for me, for the little one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Yeah, right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

You'll be walking her down the wedding aisle before the 3 arena one at this rate......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Settle your head. It's not the future of gigs. It's a Flaming Lips gimmick.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’d say a few pints would be spilled in those bubbles!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

That Luke O Neill propagandist will literally do anything to get on the tv or radio.

John Grants gig rescheduled from May to October

https://twitter.com/aikenpromotions/status/1359139995437645824

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Leo Varadkar: ‘I want to make sure this pandemic is a lost year or so, not a lost decade’

There will be huge caution about allowing mass gatherings until we get through another winter

Leo Varadkar: ‘I want to make sure this pandemic is a lost year or so, not a lost decade’

There will be huge caution about allowing mass gatherings until we get through another winter

Much as I love going up to Dublin to see gigs, I think LV is right.

Better to stamp down hard on this thing now so we can hopefully all get vaccinated and implement an effective track and trace system.

If not, we're never going to see an end to these awful, soul-deadening lockdowns.

Say there will be a lot of rescheduled gigs over next while.

Ron Sexsmith rescheduled to March 2022.

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1359461441212940292

It's very possible Dublin will be taken off touring schedules but they will still play in the UK especially with them so much ahead in there vaccination programme

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It's very possible Dublin will be taken off touring schedules but they will still play in the UK especially with them so much ahead in there vaccination programme

Who's touring schedule?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It's not very possible really. If it's still at the stage where some countries aren't up to speed with vaccines, there won't be any tours.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Advertisement