Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It's very possible Dublin will be taken off touring schedules but they will still play in the UK especially with them so much ahead in there vaccination programme

Given that the UK is finally doing the sensible thing and introducing quarantining, it's very hard to see bands and roadcrews agreeing to be stuck in hotels for lengthy periods.

As the UK almost certainly won't be the last country to restrict visitors, I think it is going to be at least another year before any kind of acts will be able to afford to tour.,

Much as it pains me as a gig-goer of 50 years standing to say it, better to bring this thing under control to the point where we can stop on/off lockdowns for once and all by adhering to a long and stringent shut down
    now

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Reznorek

Anyone was in a situation that requested a refund from Ticketmaster and waited more than 8-9 business days for your money? They said that the money has been returned and the ticket is no longer valid, but after 9 working days the money is still not on the account. I email them and they wrote back that on their part everything had been done and the refund had been made, they advised to contact the bank. I called the bank and they said there was no trace of the money and it was either not sent or is still being processed by Ticketmaster.
    No problems with any of the previous two returns in December and January, money was always coming quickly to the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drawnacrol

hkjohn wrote: »
    Given that the UK is finally doing the sensible thing and introducing quarantining, it's very hard to see bands and roadcrews agreeing to be stuck in hotels for lengthy periods.

This is a huge problem that artists and crews need to be aware of. Playing a 5 day tour in the UK will require quarantine and Covid Tests before and after, that could be a week plus each side. I'm seeing touring schedules for Autumn where bands are planning to go France, England, Ireland, England, Mainland Europe in a week. What happens when your lead singer gets stuck in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mr.S wrote: »
    Far too many variables with COVID entry restrictions, quarantining, show capacities and insurance alone. No act is going to bother booking a multi-country tour in the next 12 months probably.

Precisely this, you only have to look at the football at the moment having to tie up a country where a given fixture can be played in the European competitions.

Not much use entertaining the narrative that Ireland or another country for that matter may miss out due to not having more of a handle on the disease than elsewhere, If there's a gamble to be had on one or more tour dates the likely scenario is it's a gamble a promoter is simply not going to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Id go to a letter opening atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Limit of 50 indoors until September some nice intimate gigs now its time to open the pubs Cobblestone, Arthurs, Whelans et al...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

There's exceptions to restrictions for elite atheletes Duppont and French Fifteen in Dublin today so perhaps they could apply the same exceptions to the Music, Arts and Creative people...

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

pottokblue wrote: »
    There's exceptions to restrictions for elite atheletes Duppont and French Fifteen in Dublin today so perhaps they could apply the same exceptions to the Music, Arts and Creative people...

Yeah, but rugby teams are getting tested every three days and living in an enclosed "bubble"

“The decision has been taken within government to ensure that the Six Nations championship is held on the scheduled dates, starting February 6th, with a bio-secure bubble, as was the case with the Tour de France.”

Among the enhanced protocols brought in for the tournament is the introduction of an additional round of testing for each team, the second taking place in the latter part of the week.

Maracineanu revealed that the reason players have been granted exemption from quarantine is because they will be “tested every three days and remain in a closed bubble”.

Source: https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/france-cleared-to-play-in-six-nations-after-easing-of-covid-rules-1.4474115

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

pottokblue wrote: »
    Limit of 50 indoors until September some nice intimate gigs now its time to open the pubs Cobblestone, Arthurs, Whelans et al...

No idea what this is about, but you'd struggle to get 50 into the cobblestone when they're practically sitting on each others laps, you'd get a dozen in max with any sort of social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The Who have cancelled their UK and Ireland tour

https://www.thewho.com/the-who-uk-and-ireland-tour-2021/
    Unfortunately, The Who’s forthcoming UK and Ireland tour due March 2021 has now been cancelled. Customers can contact their point of purchase regarding refunds.

“We are very sorry that we have to cancel our planned March 2021 UK and Ireland shows. Please excuse the delay but we wanted to wait as long as possible to see if we could indeed play them. However, as you can see the current situation makes this impossible. Thanks for all your wonderful support and we hope to see you in the future when conditions allow.”
    ~ Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend, 15 February 2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Zardoz wrote: »
    The Who have cancelled their UK and Ireland tour

https://www.thewho.com/the-who-uk-and-ireland-tour-2021/

Thats interesting. Know it was already rescheduled from 2020 but thought they might just reschedule it again. But guess at their age and with the income they're made over the years they might not be under as much pressure to tour as other bands.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Thats interesting. Know it was already rescheduled from 2020 but thought they might just reschedule it again. But guess at their age and with the income they're made over the years they might not be under as much pressure to tour as other bands.

A pity as I was looking forward to seeing them as they put on a good show and I had excellent seats.
    The ticket sales for the UK were very poor so I'd say it made more sense to scrap it completely.

No word from Ticketmaster about the Who concert, should be pretty straight forward with the refund going back onto my card without doing anything

Such a balls that its cancelled outright, what could of been

No word from Ticketmaster about the Who concert

Ticketmaster are still bizarrely selling tickets for the Dublin gig whereas all the Uk dates have been pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Zardoz wrote: »
    Ticketmaster are still bizarrely selling tickets for the Dublin gig whereas all the Uk dates have been pulled.

They have now cancelled that gig on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Anybody hear anything about Longitude? I have 4 tickets.

Anybody hear anything about Longitude? I have 4 tickets.

Very hard to see any festivals and outdoor gigs taking place this summer in Ireland. Not looking good for indoor gigs either

Very hard to see any festivals and outdoor gigs taking place this summer in Ireland. Not looking good for indoor gigs either
    I have no issue if it is cancelled. A full refund, if I get one would mean I am up 240 euro.

Celine Dion has pushed her tour back to 2022.
    Dublin dates are now June 1-2, a Wednesday and Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Mr.S wrote: »
    Spoiler: It will be cancelled

No refunds either... probably postponed until next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Am sure there are loads of doctors and nurses and hospital support staff who'd love to go to festivals and live shows.

Surely it's high time we all shut up about gigs and festivals until such time as the virus is under control to the point where there'll be no more lockdowns and they won't have to kill themselves looking after the rest of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Am sure there are loads of doctors and nurses and hospital support staff who'd love to go to festivals and live shows.

Surely it's high time we all shut up about gigs and festivals until such time as the virus is under control to the point where there'll be no more lockdowns and they won't have to kill themselves looking after the rest of us?

...or we can continue to look forward to gigs and festivals restarting rather than wallow in the current misery.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

It is important to have something to look forward to. I dont care about Longitude, its big daughter wants to go, but I am waiting for the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Is this what the young folks call "a bad take"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Just listening to a podcast, a crew member who was supposed to be going out with Reba McEntire then Crue in 2021 in the States. Has been told they don’t expect big scaled tours to return until 2024. Due to insurance costs apparently.

Novo Amor in April rescheduled to May 2022.https://twitter.com/tickets_ie/status/1362371375948845056?s=19 My first rescheduled gig of the year. Won't be the last unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

As someone who counts a few nurses and doctors among friends, you'd be surprised how many of them use what they've to look forward to when this is all over.

Their ire, it's mainly anger directed at our incompetent government's handling of, or lack thereof of the whole Covid-19 situation. Majority of it directed at the PR obsessed Varadkar for going on Claire Byrne when he did and flying in the face of NPHET.

All the time they spent ****ing around/stalling in forming a Government until June last year too, is a source of ire.

I'd be tempted to go across the water if concerts will be happening in the UK from mid summer onwards

Irish dates can easily be pulled from schedules

I'd be tempted to go across the water if concerts will be happening in the UK from mid summer onwards

Guess if the UK gigs are part of European tours they might only happen if other ones can go ahead. I know they're planning on reopening in June but seems very up in the air between now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That's a pretty big if, to be honest.

The Brits plan could just as easily go pear shaped.

Then again they do have a plan, so at least they can be commended on that much :pac:

Advertisement