Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Milena009

The Killers have postponed their UK and Ireland tour till 2022

I got tickets for this and seen on FB however no official Ticketmaster email yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Milena009 wrote: »
    I got tickets for this and seen on FB however no official Ticketmaster email yet?

Ticketmaster are usually way behind the curve in communicating any issues at all (if they even bother to).

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sadly this will be the norm the next few weeks/months. Some bands could cancel the tours altogether while others will go the rescheduling path. Stadiums and large field concerts sadly won't be approved in Ireland this summer. The UK could be the trend setters in terms of the return of mass gatherings

Be nice if shows in the Iveagh Gardens, Trinity etc returned this summer but again Mass gatherings could be a no no

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RamonD3

I got an email advertising a presale for a second show in Falkirk, I admire their optimism!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park have postponed till 2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Feel like going to every single marquee gig now next year

Even the 2 Johnnies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Rfrip wrote: »
    Feel like going to every single marquee gig now next year

Even the 2 Johnnies

I'll let that one go, Rfrip. You're emotional. It's understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I'll let that one go, Rfrip. You're emotional. It's understandable.

Think I was hacked? Don’t know what that was about...better change my password !!!

Appreciate the understanding nonetheless:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

I see some of the Marquee gigs, have yet to be rescheduled, including The National.
    So i assume one cannot request a refund until it is rescheduled ?

• Advertisement

fafy wrote: »
    I see some of the Marquee gigs, have yet to be rescheduled, including The National.
    So i assume one cannot request a refund until it is rescheduled ?

Have a ticket for that myself. I think that's how it works alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

For the Marquee 2022gigs, i am wondering if they will be an alternate location, as Glenveagh Property, who own the site, have planning in for 1,000 appartments on the Marquee site

fafy wrote: »
    For the Marquee 2022gigs, i am wondering if they will be an alternate location, as Glenveagh Property, who own the site, have planning in for 1,000 appartments on the Marquee site

Was thinking that development must be pushed back another year but not sure for definite. Know there was talk of 2020 being last year on usual site but not sure have they secured another one since as was going to be usual site this summer too.

Might make sense for developers to push it back with covid if they could so could be win win for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking like we might have to make a trip across to the UK if we want to see a gig in 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Looking like we might have to make a trip across to the UK if we went to see a gig in 2021

You basing that on anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's wishful thinking by anyone to be pinning their hopes on going to the UK for a gig this year. They might be doing well with the plan they have, but that can very easily often change at the drop of a hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

hynesie08 wrote: »
    You basing that on anything?

Going by his postings on another thread, it's based on his pessimism and hatred of this country...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's wishful thinking by anyone to be pinning their hopes on going to the UK for a gig this year. They might be doing well with the plan they have, but that can very easily often change at the drop of a hat.

All these festivals announcing themselves for the first 2 weeks of July are being very optimistic, I know the window for outside gigs is small, but that's a razor tight margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

hynesie08 wrote: »
    All these festivals announcing themselves for the first 2 weeks of July are being very optimistic, I know the window for outside gigs is small, but that's a razor tight margin.

Realistically I don't think there will be any festivals in the UK this summer, its just promoters trying to jump the gun, put pressure on the Govt and get money in.

70-100 thousand people on a camp site for 3-4 days using basic toilet facilities.
    I honestly can't see it.

The Frames rescheduled from June to next May.
    https://twitter.com/aikenpromotions/status/1371401336764436481?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rock Werchter has postponed for 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Ian Brown is cancelled

Ian Brown is cancelled

Think he was a while back with his covid views.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fontaines DC in Iveagh Gardens, Dublin = 3rd July 2021

Fontaines DC in Iveagh Gardens, Dublin = 2nd July 2022 :eek: it's only a two year delay sure :p

Confirmed in Ticketmaster email today.

Not surprised as that venue can really only be used for a few weeks a year. I'll definitely be the oldest in the audience now :pac:

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Fontaines DC in Iveagh Gardens, Dublin = 2nd July 2022 :eek:

Not surprised as that venue can really only be used for a few weeks a year. I'll definitely be the oldest in the audience now :pac:

Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

:) well it's a joke obviously as everyone will be 2 years :eek: older than they should have been when the gig happened

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

The Jimmy Carr gigs got postponed till September 2022.
    Already were rescheduled till November 2021 previously

The Jimmy Carr gigs got postponed till September 2022.
    Already were rescheduled till November 2021 previously

Think its May. Shows that promoters must not think major gigs might not be back by end of year so.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Think its May. Shows that promoters must not think major gigs might not be back by end of year so.

So Dublin dates were originally Dec 2020 -> changed to Nov 2021 and now to September 2022. :)

Just waiting for other to follow suit

• Advertisement

So Dublin dates were originally Dec 2020 -> changed to Nov 2021 and now to September 2022. :)

Just waiting for other to follow suit

Ah just looking again, Dublin seems to be September alright but rest is May. Maybe cos Dublin is a few nights needed to be then or something! https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1372488207393247232?s=19

Advertisement