Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Playing Limerick on the Sunday.
    And presumably Primavera Barcelona on the previous Thurs/Fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭desk tidy

Boomtown out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Anyone hear if Duran Duran rescheduled gig for 13/06/21 in St Annes Park, is being rescheduled again, or cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,407 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got my ticket to Duran Duran refunded but travelmaster are still stalling on given me my bus ticket refund

So as some of ye would of heard Dublin has lost the Euro 20/21 games and its not nieve to think this could be bad news for Dublin on tours . Bands could simply cancel Irish dates and perform else where

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Got my ticket to Duran Duran refunded but travelmaster are still stalling on given me my bus ticket refund

So as some of ye would of heard Dublin has lost the Euro 20/21 games and its not nieve to think this could be bad news for Dublin on tours . Bands could simply cancel Irish dates and perform else where

Nobody was expecting large scale gigs in June. The conversations that are happening, I'd imagine, are about late August, September at the earliest. I certainly don't think anybody was on the edge of their seats about the Euro decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Contract

enter into a formal and legally binding agreement.
    "the local authority will contract with a wide range of agencies to provide services"

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

They won't be allowing us to go up to the bar to grab a scoup but people think they will allow concerts!?
    LOL. False hope to keep people calm, that's all it is.
    Gigs are out till 2022 at the earliest.
    Blame government schemes designed to kill your dreams

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Burty330 wrote: »
    They won't be allowing us to go up to the bar to grab a scoup but people think they will allow concerts!?
    LOL. False hope to keep people calm, that's all it is.
    Gigs are out till 2022 at the earliest.
    Blame government schemes designed to kill your dreams

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Atm I have no confidence in the irish government and planning on a trip or 2 to the UK for concerts in the Autumn 2021

I knw of the contract issues but they can easily be solved and Dublin shows could simply be pulled from touring schedules

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Atm I have no confidence in the irish government and planning on a trip or 2 to the UK for concerts in the Autumn 2021

I knw of the contract issues but they can easily be solved and Dublin shows could simply be pulled from touring schedules

Hope you're fully vaccinated.

Simply be pulled? Ah yeah, if there's one thing ticketmaster and live nation are known for it's pulling gigs for no reason, leaving them on the hook for millions. Or do you mean artists? Cause then you should Google mcd vs Prince.....

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Hope you're fully vaccinated.

Simply be pulled? Ah yeah, if there's one thing ticketmaster and live nation are known for it's pulling gigs for no reason, leaving them on the hook for millions. Or do you mean artists? Cause then you should Google mcd vs Prince.....

If public health advice won't recommend mass gatherings here in Ireland but other countries do then that could be the excuse for pulling the irish dates

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭ebbsy

If public health advice won't recommend mass gatherings here in Ireland but other countries do then that could be the excuse for pulling the irish dates

Yep.

They will just go somewhere else, like Garth Brooks did when he found out what he was dealing with.

ATM it's sadly very hard to see the Government/NPHET allowing mass gatherings for the rest of 2021 esp going into the autumn/winter months

Simply Dublin dates could be canned (public health advice would be the reason why there cancelled contract or no contract) Very tempted if Genesis and Elton John end up playing the other dates on the tour i'd hop on a plane and see them somewhere (pending vaccination of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

ATM it's sadly very hard to see the Government/NPHET allowing mass gatherings for the rest of 2021 esp going into the autumn/winter months

Simply Dublin dates could be canned (public health advice would be the reason why there cancelled contract or no contract) Very tempted if Genesis and Elton John end up playing the other dates on the tour i'd hop on a plane and see them somewhere (pending vaccination of course)
    Its not that hard if we have a significant proportion of people vaccinated by end of the summer and the indoor concerts/gigs really kick off
    Dublin dates wont really be canned as even if most others happen in other countries no artists will leave out ireland into medium term

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mr.S wrote: »
    If the UK / EU re-start large scale events before us (likely in the UK) then that's good for us as it acts as a test bed.

All going well, by Autumn we should have most (all?) of the 16+ population vaccinated.

2021 might have some fun left in it, fingers crossed!

Now that it looks very likely that Johnson and Johnson will get the go ahead is a good thing, as it will be for used for the 50's and up with 600000 vaccines due and im guessing anyone under 50 will receive Pfizer or Moderna.

As said if other European countries are having large gatherings then we should be ok with gigs later in the year. I kinda feel by the time 80% or more people have been fully vaccinated the likes of NPHET may not have as much say as they do now because by Oct/Nov onwards its more than likely everything will be back open e.g. piubs/restaurants/venues with no social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Half of Europe is currently going back into lockdowns, or recording their highest ever case numbers of the whole pandemic, mostly because the opened up too fast over the last 2 months.
    Mega LOLZ @ looking towards them as an example for re-opening things.

https://twitter.com/RiochtConor2/status/1386401989592895491

Better off to just stay in perpetual lockdown like Ireland which has had the longest and harshest lockdown in Western society despite being an island country with the youngest population in Europe and one of the lowest population densities.

We need to start opening the country up.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Better off to just stay in perpetual lockdown like Ireland which has had the longest and harshest lockdown in Western society despite being an island country with the youngest population in Europe and one of the lowest population densities.

We need to start opening the country up.

We have. Slowly and cautiously, not to make a mess like much of Europe has and had to go back into another lockdown like them. Maybe you haven't been paying attention to the news over the last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Gilberto Gil gig in Olympia in October cancelled. Have seen new gigs announced before that date so interesting its cancelled so early. Guess he is 78 too though..

https://twitter.com/ChoiceCuts/status/1387017714506641414

https://www.the42.ie/leinster-rugby-proposal-or-safe-return-of-fans-5421679-Apr2021/

Sadly Leinsters application to have a crowd of 2000 attend a match as test event has been rejected

Not sounding to promising for gigs anytime in 2021 in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

https://www.the42.ie/leinster-rugby-proposal-or-safe-return-of-fans-5421679-Apr2021/

Sadly Leinsters application to have a crowd of 2000 attend a match as test event has been rejected

Not sounding to promising for gigs anytime in 2021 in Ireland

With social distance and testing in place absolute joke of a decision, yet bon Jovi are aloud charge you nearly 60 quid for their drive in concert b****x.

With social distance and testing in place absolute joke of a decision, yet bon Jovi are aloud charge you nearly 60 quid for their drive in concert b****x.

I'm for all places giving events like this a go but jaysus what's the point

https://www.tixr.com/groups/encore-bonjovi-ireland/events/bon-jovi-dublin-ireland-23220

Encore Drive-In Nights featuring Bon Jovi will air at outdoor venues across the United States, Canada and Ireland on Saturday, May 22, 2021. The never-before-seen show was recorded live, exclusively for this one-night only event at drive-ins and outdoor venues.

Important Event Safety Info

The exclusive concert will adhere to guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as all state and local public health mandates. Encore Drive-In Nights has partnered with leading health experts to establish procedures for staff and fans. Guests and staff will adhere to current CDC and state/local guidelines regarding social distancing as it pertains to the following in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19:

-Vehicle spacing

-Entering/exiting your vehicle

-Window guidelines

-Contactless payment and ticketing systems

General Rules

Each ticket admits one standard passenger car or truck (RVs and limousines not permitted).

You will only need to purchase one (1) ticket per vehicle of no more than six people.

All guests must have a seatbelt.

General Admission parking is based on a first-come-first-serve basis. The show is expected to be full. Please arrive early. Gates typically open an hour before showtime. Please check with your local venue for gate times.

Venue staff reserves the right to move cars as needed.

Guests must follow venue speed limits, cones and marked lanes.

Advertised start time is approximate. Most shows begin at sundown. Check your local venue for exact show time.

Guests must adhere to all venue rules and policies as well as state and local laws.

Children should not be left unattended.

Once a vehicle or person leaves the venue, no re-entry will be permitted.

Shows will go on rain or shine.

No refunds.

Prepare Before You Attend

To limit car battery usage, bring a battery-operated FM radio to listen to the concert.

Have hand sanitizer and masks available.

No weapons, legal or illegal drugs, or alcohol allowed.

No outside food or beverage is permitted unless a Food & Beverage Permit is purchased directly through the Encore Drive-In Nights ticketing platform or directly with the venue, where available. Please check with your local venue for their participation.

Sound will be broadcast through FM radio. Please see local venue for details.

Headlights must be turned off when facing the screen.

In the event of severe weather, you will be contacted regarding a reschedule or a potential refund. For up-to-date details regarding the event, please check with your local venue.

Know before you go! For up-to-date details regarding the event, please check with your local venue.

For even more relevant information and FAQs click here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

I'm for all places giving events like this a go but jaysus what's the point

https://www.tixr.com/groups/encore-bonjovi-ireland/events/bon-jovi-dublin-ireland-23220
    To be fair what else would you have expected? Bound to be excess restrictions and changes for events taking place in post covid environment...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

No sign of infection after test concert in Spain, researchers say

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56899764
    Researchers in Spain have found "no sign" of higher levels of infection among people who took part in a large test concert last month.

Six people tested positive within 14 days of attending the gig in Barcelona, but the incidence was lower than that seen in the general population.

Around 5,000 music fans took part in the experiment after testing negative for Covid-19.

Revellers wore masks but did not have to socially distance.

Of the six people who tested positive, researchers concluded that four of them were infected elsewhere, not at the event itself.

The rate of infection among attendees was half the rate of people of the same age in Barcelona, researchers found.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Zardoz wrote: »
    No sign of infection after test concert in Spain, researchers say

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56899764

Saw that. Great to see. Wonder how drink worked with the masks or was there no bar?

Hella Mega tour update

Europe + UK - this past year has been chaotic to say the very least, and while we hoped we'd be able to make the Hella Mega Tour a reality for you this summer, COVID had other plans. With that being said, your shows will now be happening in 2022. Your tickets are good for the new dates, so make sure to hold onto them!

And for all of you in the US, we're still planning on coming to see you this summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Hella Mega tour update

Europe + UK - this past year has been chaotic to say the very least, and while we hoped we'd be able to make the Hella Mega Tour a reality for you this summer, COVID had other plans. With that being said, your shows will now be happening in 2022. Your tickets are good for the new dates, so make sure to hold onto them!

And for all of you in the US, we're still planning on coming to see you this summer!

27th June

Venue TBC

bennyl10 wrote: »
    27th June

Venue TBC

I'd say MCD will do everything in there power to keep in the RDS as it could be a nightmare sorting out the seated tickets if it got moved venue

Ticketmaster still have it as the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I'd say MCD will do everything in there power to keep in the RDS as it could be a nightmare sorting out the seated tickets if it got moved venue

Ticketmaster still have it as the RDS

If you click on more info on ticket master it says venue TBC

They can’t list it without a venue option.

They mightn’t have a choice if the RDS is rubble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Download festival in the UK has been cancelled, Kiss/Biffy/Maiden will be the headliners in 2022

Korn, Deftones & Sepultura added to the bill today to name a few.

Advertisement