Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Many Arena gigs up in the air atm especially the ones scheduled for September/October. If UK Arenas are full capacity by then, the Dublin shows could be cancelled outright (public health advice would be enough to void the contract)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Many Arena gigs up in the air atm especially the ones scheduled for September/October. If UK Arenas are full capacity by then, the Dublin shows could be cancelled outright (public health advice would be enough to void the contract)

Fair play lad, getting a law degree in lockdown must have been tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Wonder what gigs will get go ahead. Would think lot of ones planned for there have been cancelled or will be too big so maybe new gigs put on specially for pilot and government cover insurance and costs? https://twitter.com/christinafinn8/status/1398279290240868352?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Blut2

Have they released any information on how exactly you'd sign up to go to one of the pilot gigs?

Blut2 wrote: »
    Have they released any information on how exactly you'd sign up to go to one of the pilot gigs?

Nope nothing yet but guess once officially announced there will be something over next while

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Fair play lad, getting a law degree in lockdown must have been tricky.

No need to be smart

Look I'm anxious as are a lot of people and I'm free to have my opinion as you do

No need to be smart

Look I'm anxious as are a lot of people and I'm free to have my opinion as you do

Citing contract law when you haven't a breeze isn't an opinion.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Citing contract law when you haven't a breeze isn't an opinion.

So what, I knw i don't a clue but I can have an opinion and can say i want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Why do the Irish Government need to do pilot gigs ?
    Plenty of other countries have done similar tests, the data should be freely available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zardoz wrote: »
    Plenty of other countries have done similar tests, the data should be freely available.

Different population. And they can stand over their own analysis and control the tests. Can't take the risk that foreign data could flawed in some way.

Varadkar saying could be gigs of 5 or 10,000 of local acts. Guess that must be the pilot ones.

Different population. And they can stand over their own analysis and control the tests. Can't take the risk that foreign data could flawed in some way.

Ah thats nonsense. Different population genetically from the UK? Or the rest of Europe? The UK or Spanish test gigs, which we know were run with proper scientific methods (because they're public), should be all the proof they need. We're not some unique race here in Ireland.

The Irish government is just using planning, running and analyzing the data from the test gigs as an excuse to further delay 'real' gigs.

Ah thats nonsense. Different population genetically from the UK? Or the rest of Europe? The UK or Spanish test gigs, which we know were run with proper scientific methods (because they're public), should be all the proof they need. We're not some unique race here in Ireland.

The Irish government is just using planning, running and analyzing the data from the test gigs as an excuse to further delay 'real' gigs.

Fear and cowardice from our government, We all know who's calling the shots

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Zardoz wrote: »

The data might be available but they're dealing with different sample sets and sizes plus
    1 - vaccination roll outs are at different speeds in the different populations
    2 - infestations of variants in the local populations will be different, by the time it comes around, the Indian variant is likely to be dominant (thank you UK)

Not sure which came first but could then argue no need for UK to do one if Spain had done it first or vice versa. Better to do it in test environment to iron out any kinks.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Not sure which came first but could then argue no need for UK to do one if Spain had done it first or vice versa. Better to do it in test environment to iron out any kinks.

They did them at roughly the same time, which made it understandable/logical. The results/methodology of the other test gigs hadn't been published yet.

The difference is the Irish test gigs will be happening a month, or two months, after we've seen the results from elsewhere, and are fully aware of the methodology used, in the other test gigs... which is why the Irish ones are pointless delaying tactics.

RTE reporting it's James Vincent McMorrow for the pilot gig in Iveagh Gardens on 10th June with crowd of 500.

I never mentioned genetics, you did.

What I was referring to is that it's a public health body's role to carry out their own tests and analyse data, control the sample size etc. Not import results where they're relying on assurances. Hence the UK did their own control tests too and didn't just take Spains results.

They did them at roughly the same time, which made it understandable/logical. The results/methodology of the other test gigs hadn't been published yet.

The difference is the Irish test gigs will be happening a month, or two months, after we've seen the results from elsewhere, and are fully aware of the methodology used, in the other test gigs... which is why the Irish ones are pointless delaying tactics.

Spanish did their tests in March, the UK did them in May. They did tests because any public health body worth their salt will do their own analysis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 CELBRIDGE HOOP

Who's calling the shots Mr Know all?

Who's calling the shots Mr Know all?

Jesus and the Bishop

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ah thats nonsense. Different population genetically from the UK? Or the rest of Europe?
    It does not have to be genetics it can be cultural. In which case I would think gig wise it would be similar to the UK.

I did wonder if they would have any attempt to distinguish gigs somehow, like theatres were allowed in places, and I think national concert hall gigs were permitted, where they might have just presumed they would be more sedate, when there is no law preventing the NCH having moshpit and having some death metal band play...

I was at Belle & Sebastian at Iveagh gardens and the bar had no real queue and was a far less packed crowd than at other gigs. It will be interesting to see if they have any legal mechanism to try and factor for this sort of thing. Like how the 9 euro meal laws have been in place for decades now (i.e, price limits not 9 euro), but many were oblivious to their existence. Just as many are unaware we have "jaywalking" laws simply as its not a big issue so not enforced much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Has there been any mention of next month's Ricky Gervais show being rescheduled? I know it obviously won't go ahead, just wondering if a new date has even announced.

Has there been any mention of next month's Ricky Gervais show being rescheduled? I know it obviously won't go ahead, just wondering if a new date has even announced.

https://twitter.com/rickygervais/status/1397581427282169864?s=20

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Lads, keep it civil. Don't bait people. This forum is normally grand so to those being dicks, revert to the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

While everyone is indeed entitled to their opinion, PTH,
    you can't just base those opinions around quasi conspiracy
    theories without providing some kind of factual context.

So who is "calling the shots"?

Starting to get a few gigs postponed TBC which is a bit annoying. Was meant to be going a twice rescheduled comedy gig next week but Ticketmaster have said it's just TBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Lads the pilot festival in phoenix park have the coronas and picture this written all over it. Normally id be disgusted however given the times, ill be up the front, top off, chewing the face off myself

• Advertisement

Lads the pilot festival in phoenix park have the coronas and picture this written all over it. Normally id be disgusted however given the times, ill be up the front, top off, chewing the face off myself

A seated gig apparently! ha

Advertisement