Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »

Who are you mad at in this situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The issue reportedly centres around the bill allegedly presented by the promoters, which Dublin Live understands is for €670,000.

With just 3,500 tickets for the event going on sale, the average cost will be just under €200 per ticket to put on the show.

A source told Dublin Live: “It looks like the concert is off after the row.

“They (Department of Culture officials) didn’t take it too well with the bill they were presented with.

“You’d get U2 and Coldplay together at your wedding for that price.
    :pac:

Try another zero on the end there at least :pac:

hynesie08 wrote: »

Pure annoyance that this could delay things further in terns of festivals/gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Pure annoyance that this could delay things further in terns of festivals/gigs

Yeah well, take a number and suck it up along with the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Blut2

hynesie08 wrote: »

Trying to charge €670,000 to put on a gig for 3500 people would put the blame pretty squarely on the promoters surely?

I know covid measures will increase the costs significantly over a normal gig, but thats surely about 5-10 times the cost it should be. Especially bearing in mind its going to be fairly low-cost Irish artists playing, not expensive international headline acts. And when there are no marketing costs to pay for the gig, which is usually also a significant expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Blut2 wrote: »
    Trying to charge €670,000 to put on a gig for 3500 people would put the blame pretty squarely on the promoters surely?

I know covid measures will increase the costs significantly over a normal gig, but thats surely about 5-10 times the cost it should be. Especially bearing in mind its going to be fairly low-cost Irish artists playing, not expensive international headline acts. And when there are no marketing costs to pay for the gig, which is usually also a significant expense.

Oh absolutely, trying to charge nearly 700k for Gavin James or the riptide movement should be tantamount to a war crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Not cancelled but SOC announces her retirement after her next tour she hopes to get a spot on the Irish Voice. I hope she doesnt give up the LIVE performances as I've enjoyed her gigs many times most recently Vicar St 2019. Hopefully this announcement is a simple combination of whiskey and twitter and she doesnt give up all love performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

pottokblue wrote: »
    Not cancelled but SOC announces her retirement after her next tour she hopes to get a spot on the Irish Voice. I hope she doesnt give up the LIVE performances as I've enjoyed her gigs many times most recently Vicar St 2019. Hopefully this announcement is a simple combination of whiskey and twitter and she doesnt give up all love performances.

Don't worry. SOC will be back announcing new dates before you know it!

Her rationale for her return will either be "the time was right" or "the fans demanded it" or "I felt as though I had unfinished business" (all synonyms for "I need the money")

• Registered Users Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

hkjohn wrote: »

Her rationale for her return will either be "the time was right" or "the fans demanded it" or "I felt as though I had unfinished business" (all synonyms for "I need the money")

she has already "un"retired according to her twitter account I believe....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

pottokblue wrote: »
    Not cancelled but SOC announces her retirement after her next tour she hopes to get a spot on the Irish Voice.
    ohhh, and did she mention she has a new book out.

Grand bit of free advertising she is getting out of the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

hkjohn wrote: »

Don't think she or any artist owes fans anyone especially after how long she has toured for and issues in personal life. Wouldn't be unusual for an artist to do any of the above anyway so it's her choice at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

The latest Ricky Gervais reschedule:

Hello

We have just been advised that Ricky Gervais - Supernature at the 3Arena which was rescheduled to Friday 25th June 2021 (originally 29th May 2020) has been rescheduled due to COVID-19.

Take note:

This event will now take place at the same venue on Wednesday 6th October 2021.

All original tickets remain valid for the new date.

Anything else?
    That's all for now, if anything else comes up, we'll be in touch.

Kind regards
    Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The latest Ricky Gervais reschedule:

Hello

We have just been advised that Ricky Gervais - Supernature at the 3Arena which was rescheduled to Friday 25th June 2021 (originally 29th May 2020) has been rescheduled due to COVID-19.

Take note:

This event will now take place at the same venue on Wednesday 6th October 2021.

All original tickets remain valid for the new date.

Anything else?
    That's all for now, if anything else comes up, we'll be in touch.

Kind regards
    Ticketmaster

They were very slow yet again officially announcing the postponement.
    Gervais announced on twitter ages ago that the dates were going to be moved to October.

Zardoz wrote: »
    They were very slow yet again officially announcing the postponement.
    Gervais announced on twitter ages ago that the dates were going to be moved to October.

And you'd wonder about chances of 13,000 being allowed indoors by then. Maybe UK part of tour could go ahead but at current pace not sure it's a guarantee that indoor events of that size will happen here but hopefully once vast majority vaccinated by then they may be able to.

Eod100 wrote: »
    And you'd wonder about chances of 13,000 being allowed indoors by then. Maybe UK part of tour could go ahead but at current pace not sure it's a guarantee that indoor events of that size will happen here but hopefully once vast majority vaccinated by then they may be able to.

Here's hoping, have a few concerts in the Autumn

I'd head over to the UK if the Dublin dates are cancelled

Elbow in the 3Arena in August will hopefully be the return of full capacity gigs in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Any news on Michael kiwanuka at trinity? Ticketmaster still selling tickets but it's only 3 weeks away?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Any news on Michael kiwanuka at trinity? Ticketmaster still selling tickets but it's only 3 weeks away?

It ain't happening in three weeks anyway.

Probably still trying to find a date. I've had a gig postponed with no new date once the initial date came with no announcement.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Don't think she or any artist owes fans anyone especially after how long she has toured for and issues in personal life. Wouldn't be unusual for an artist to do any of the above anyway so it's her choice at the end of the day.

While they might have frightened the horses when Frank Sinatra did it in the 60s, artist announcements that they are retiring have not been taken seriously for many a year.

While it is indeed SOC's choice to make - and then rapidly back pedal on - such "dramatic" announcements about her career, it's my choice, your choice, everybody's choice whether or not to take such pronouncements seriously.

with news of the funding for promoters in which modified versions of festival's could take place where would that leave stuff for the 3Arena which are still scheduled for Q4 in 2021 (i have posted those events below).

Elbow- 28th Aug 21
    Genesis- 15th/16th Sep 21
    Dua Lipa- 18th/19th Sep 21
    Erasure- 4th Oct 21
    Ricky Gervais - 6th/7th Oct 21
    Professor Brian Cox- 15th Oct 21
    The Black Crowes- 21st Oct 21
    Jools Holland- 22nd Oct 21
    Biggest 90s Disco #3- 23rd Oct 21
    Bon Iver- 29th Oct 21
    AJ Tracey- 13th Nov 21
    JLS- 15th Nov 21
    Nightwish- 17th Nov 21
    Yungblud- 20th Nov 21
    The Offspring- 21st Nov 21
    Alanis Morissette- 25th Nov 21
    MK- 26th Nov 21
    Gary Barlow- 28th Nov 21
    Madness- 29th Nov 21
    James- 1st Dec 21
    Elton John- 3rd/4th Dec 21
    Versatile- 5th Dec 21
    Michael Ball and Alfie Boe- 6th Dec 21

A few of those would not be full sell outs and they could spread people around. Who knows really what the world will be like by mid July never mind the Autumn. Id be over the ****ing moon if any of those events (particularly the ones i have tickets for) happened as scheduled

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The way I see it is that all this funding is there to help promoters/musicians over the final hurlde until the majority of us are fully vacinnated. Once we hit over the 80% then there should be no reason for social distancing or restrictions at gigs. So I'd say from Oct onwards the gigs already on sale should be fine, maybe some sort of testing but apart from that I can't see anything else in the way.

Much as I would love be wrong and be able to start going back to gigs, cannot see any way that any will happen this year.

Forgetting social distancing, vaccination rates and variants, etc, etc, for a moment, I think the one factor everyone is over looking
    is that artists are going to need to play a lot more countries than just Ireland if touring is going to be financially viable for them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Great news no doubt

I wonder is this given clarification that big mass gatherings will be kicking off from then on, ruling out indoor gigs scheduled for August/September

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Accidentally

Was cancelled yesterday. They're looking to reschedule, but no dates yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Penfailed wrote: »

It looks like the proper Stendhal Festival is going ahead in July and another one in August. I've tickets for the August one. Here's the lineup for July -

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQRI7wRna_P/?utm_medium=copy_link

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

from Body & Soul on Facebook 4 hours ago. TL;DR Cancelled until 2022.

"Reflecting on a solstice weekend that could have been, the celebrations not far in our future and a decade of days spent in Ballinlough with you!
    While it tugs at our heartstrings to miss out on another year of Body&Soul, we expect our patience will be rewarded with a reunion for the ages in 2022.
    From the tops and bottoms of all of our hearts, thank you to everyone who attended, contributed, shaped, danced and laughed at Body & Soul throughout the years.
    You’re the reason why we’ll raise our glasses this weekend, and the reason why we’ll return to Body&Soul to do it all over again.
    Until we meet again, raise your flag!"

• Advertisement

Biffy Clyro just rescheduled there European tour to 2022
    'With the ongoing uncertainty around travel restrictions, we have made the decision to postpone our upcoming European tour until February/March 2022.'

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=357655072385069&set=a.304167411067169

Reckon this same fate will hit a lot of tours that are scheduled for Autumn/Winter 2021. Elton John has a major tour announcement tomorrow although it states 'Elton’s final ever tour returns to the road this autumn' im still not overly confident esp with so many dates all over Europe/UK and Ireland

Advertisement