Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Its unclear if that will be the case, but it could be, and i am fine with that. I personally would not be concerned, if certs are not required on entry to gigs, but i know several people who would- is that fair on them ?

At this stage, someone over 18, has made a conscious decision for whatever reason, not to be vaccinated, so like flights, which require a cert in the EU, they won’t be able to travel, so i’m sure other restrictions will also apply, thats just the reality. I’d say theres a good chunk of people who, may not go to a gig, if no certs required on entry. So its a bit of a viscious circle.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

There's an old frame of mind called "punk" and we need it now, let just start playing music again anywhere be it in venues or on the street , the government have proven they do NOT give a fiddlers about the music industry, it really is time to take them on

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

rescheduled to october, think its the 5th new date now...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

'This evening, a Government spokesperson said that the Taoiseach has met with Minister for Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sports and Media Catherine Martin to discuss the upcoming roadmap for reopening society, which includes the live entertainment and arts sectors.

It was agreed that a meeting with industry stakeholders will take place next Monday, attended by both the Taoiseach and the Tánaiste.

This will follow the latest NPHET advice and the deliberations of the Covid-19 committee this Friday, the latter of which will be attended by Minister Martin.

Earlier Minister for Children Roderic O'Gorman said the live music and entertainment sector will have "significantly more clarity" on reopening plans after next week's Cabinet meeting.

Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland, the minister said plans for the return of indoor sport will also be considered.

Last week, the Taoiseach said the Government plan for the phased reopening of all remaining closed industries will be published on 31 August.

Sinn Féin TD Louise O'Reilly has said Minister Martin has let down the live entertainment sector by not giving them a firm roadmap and that the only definitive date the industry has been given is 7 September, which is when the Pandemic Unemployment Payment will be cut.

She said the sector had been looking for proper engagement and they had not got it.

Ms O'Reilly added that pilot music events which have taken place could not be considered test events as they did not involve proper evaluation afterwards.

The Taoiseach said the roadmap will be "comprehensive" and will provide clarity on when sectors that remain closed can reopen and when restrictions on others can be lifted.

Meanwhile the Minister for Health has said he was concerned by some of the footage he has seen of people after the All-Ireland hurling final last weekend.

Speaking after a visit to the vaccination and testing centres in Croke Park in Dublin, which hosted the meeting of Cork and Limerick, Stephen Donnelly said the "event itself was well run".

"The public health concern consistently has been around what happens before and after events, and I think it's fair to say, I was concerned about some of the footage we saw after the event in terms of people being very closely together without masks," he said.

"Our concern really is for those people themselves and for their families and for their friends who they're going to meet."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

What a despairing 21, fingers crossed BillyBragg still goes ahead in november 21

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I've the Offspring/The Hives around the same time so 🤞🤞🤞

Same, hard to knw will US bands be travelling over this way in 2021. Very possible this will be rescheduled to 2022

Other than Genesis in Birmingham, I have Elton John in the 3Arena in December

Be a nice end to 2021 if they go ahead

What are the actual chances of 3Arena been open full capacity by end of November/December 2021 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

How long is a piece of string really....

It's been said today that legislation permits venues to discriminate on who can enter based on vaccination status when the venue is indoors and NPHET separately support fully attended indoor events by vaccinated people.

So logically there's a good chance by then.

Whether that's put into practice is anyone's guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Not going to affect many but got a mail today that Mike Masse in Dundrum theatre is postponed until next year again, trying to arrange an alternative date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I mean it says something when even Nepht are saying they should be entertainment going on and the government are twiddling there fingers. There was an immunologist from DCU or Trinity last Thursday and he was going he saw no difference of 50 people (or whatever the guideline is for people) in a pub or 50 at a show

Going by this very hard to see proper gigs returning by end of October/mid November

Let's hope the sector will get a roadmap next week outlining the plan

I don't want the hassle of travelling to the UK for proper gigs but I have no choice and would rather spend the money here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The CMO said that it would be towards the end of September before it would be considered safe to see now considered “risky activities” resume without the need to check a person’s vaccine pass

Fairly important part you've chosen to ignore, or you just haven't read past the headline as usual.....

Black Crowes in the 3Arena rescududled to September 21st 2022

'Band Statement:

EUROPEAN TOUR UPDATE:

UK and Europe: due to the continuing uncertainty associated with international touring, the Shake Your Money Maker Tour is being re-scheduled to 2022. Tickets will be honored at the new dates and ticketholders will receive emails with more information. Visit www.theblackcrowes.com for the full listing of new dates and contact your point of purchase for any ticketing questions. The band is currently on their North American Tour and it feels so amazing to be back on the road. They can’t wait to come play some rock n roll for you! 

Until then, stay safe and be kind to each other – TBC Team

Hard to see any US/Canadian based bands touring Europe this year

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drawnacrol

Ireland could open up fully with zero restrictions but most tours this Autumn/Winter will still be cancelled. It's a logistical nightmare trying to tour at the moment when you could get stuck in a country if anyone tests positive or isn't allowed in or out because of another countries restrictions. With how small margins from touring are getting its a huge gamble that you could miss a bunch of dates. Most bands can't take that chance so they are cancelling tours well in advance now.

There's nearly 10 gigs coming up this year I would have went to : (

A few acts are just doing tours of UK (some with Belfast and Dublin dates) and touch wood they will proceed in 2021

Genesis (Dublin and Belfast postponed), Elton John (doing a few Euro shows with a full UK/Ireland leg), Erasure and plenty more I'm not aware of

Let's the good times roll

Right, I'm now cautiously optimistic about rocky horror and book of Mormon in the bord gais.......

Fuck it, I'd be so happy to get back into the Olympia I'd see glen Hansard with Dave mcsavage opening....

Don't worry, you'll find a way to convince yourself it's not happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Hugh O'Connell on RTE radio 1 there saying government plan is for outdoor events to go to 25% to 50% through September. Doesn't seem like much of a bonus when Croke Park already had 50% for hurling final. Representative from music industry was on same show earlier saying would need to be be least 80% capacity to be viable. Think events could only go ahead with 50% if it was backed by government funding but think they're moving away from pilot events with increased capacity so wonder how many gigs would be able able benefit especially with change from summer to Autumn

Are tickets being sold based on a full capacity at the minute? And if so, what happens if capacity is cut. Early ones that bought get to go?

Depends on event really. Say most gigs are being sold at full capacity so wouldn't be viable to have at 50% without government funding. Lot of gigs would either be rescheduled gigs or new gigs for next year. There's some small gigs happening in Pavilion in Dun Laoighaire from today to next weekend and only 50 capacity. The planned outdoor ones over next weeks would probably have funding so based on current capacity. Guess they could sell more tickets if it came to it.

No reason why indoor gigs can't be full capacity by November

Acts touring is another issue with 2022 been a massive year for gigs. Hard to see American bands touring Europe in 2021. Some UK acts might do the UK and Ireland arenas this year

Days N' Daze cancelled their show next month jus there....sigh

No date set 'yet'

Sounding promising though and could be a good end to the year for live entertainment fans

Talk of all restrictions easing by 22nd October so not sure if that means 100% capacity by then but could be. https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1432408571942211593?s=19

Hopefully it does, be nice to know in advance so people could plan accordingly

Elton John starting his run of UK arenas from the 30 October with the Dublin shows set to take place 3rd/4th Dec 2021. Might take a trip across the water if the Dublin shows won't be going ahead as planned

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'm hoping that bodes well for the Offspring because I can't see them pulling a sell out show in the 3Arena, if guess 7-8k with curtained off parts

• Advertisement

Advertisement