Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Yeah, MCR will definitely not go ahead being on June 23rd:( Hella Mega too on the 29th. Fingers crossed they are postponed rather than cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Yeah, MCR will definitely not go ahead being on June 23rd:( Hella Mega too on the 29th. Fingers crossed they are postponed rather than cancelled.

Hella mega has been postponed anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Hella mega has been postponed anyway

link?

link?

Ticketmaster for the event
    Any of the bands twitters

Take your pick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Forbidden Fruit announced cancellation earlier

https://twitter.com/ForbiddenFFest/status/1253355308161929217/photo/1

• Advertisement

fafy wrote: »
    Exactly, TM don’t mention it, has been discussed at length on other threads.

Where a gig is postponed, if ticket bought from TM, you need to request a refund here :

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

Select “Refund/Exchange”in the select a topic menu, and fill in all the other fields.

It’s taking approx 5 to 10 working days at the moment before your card is credited.

Going from recent experiences, TM won’t process a refund request for a rescheduled event, until, such time, as the new event date has been officially announced. So its really a waste of time requesting a refund until the new date is announced by the event promoter.

As I've posted a particular post a number of times in this forum on different threads, I won't post it again as some idiot will report me for spamming. So click on my profile and review my posts in this forum over last week.

To update you all, I'm in the process of receiving a full refund for ticket purchases for a gig that's yet to reschedule but didn't go ahead- perseverance is my recommendation and demand your rights (which you have, based on Ticketmaster T&C 's when you purchased)

The Killers moved to 15 and 16th of June 2021
    All tickets remain valid

• Registered Users Posts: 38,398 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bon Jovi cancelled there upcoming US tour so fans can get there money back

Very thoughtful

Live at the Marquee off, some gigs postponed to next year. Working to reschedule others.

https://aikenpromotions.com/componen...ml?Itemid=2488

The Coronas (original date, 29 May 2020) rescheduled for 28 May 2021

The 2 Johnnies Podcast (original date, 30 May 2020),rescheduled for 29 May2021
    Sinéad O’Connor (original date, 5 June 2020) rescheduled for 20 June 2021

John Bishop (original date, 17 June 2020) rescheduled for 13 June 2021 & (original date 18 June 2020) rescheduled for 14 June 2021

Christy Moore (original date, 27 June 2020) rescheduled for 26 June 2021

Crowded House (original date, 29 June 2020) rescheduled for 28 June 2021

Same with Live at Iveagh Gardens. Some rescheduled, working on the others.

https://aikenpromotions.com/shows/sh...587731578.html

Damien Dempsey (original date, 10 July 2020) rescheduled for 10 July 2021

James Blunt (original date, 12 July 2020) rescheduled for 11 July 2021

Aslan (original date, 3 July 2020) rescheduled for 16 July 2021

Sinéad O'Connor (original date, 19 July 2020) rescheduled for 18 July 2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,398 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

My Chemical Romance changed to Tuesday 22nd June 2021 for the same venue RHK

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Nick Mason cancelled with seemingly no plans to rearrange

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

As I've posted a particular post a number of times in this forum on different threads, I won't post it again as some idiot will report me for spamming. So click on my profile and review my posts in this forum over last week.

To update you all, I'm in the process of receiving a full refund for ticket purchases for a gig that's yet to reschedule but didn't go ahead- perseverance is my recommendation and demand your rights (which you have, based on Ticketmaster T&C 's when you purchased)

Please update us, if you receive a TM refund, which is what i was specifically referring to- for an event that is still pending, the announcement of a new date, as that has been mine and many others experience so far, with TM.
    Possible, TM are changing their policy, or it could be, only where original gig date has passed & in advance of rescheduling daye being announced, thatthey are refunding. Lots of different scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭kegg

hkjohn wrote: »
    Nick Mason cancelled with seemingly no plans to rearrange

Link?
    No need. Just seen the email. ðŸ™

Please update us, if you receive a TM refund, which is what i was specifically referring to- for an event that is still pending, the announcement of a new date, as that has been mine and many others experience so far, with TM.
    Possible, TM are changing their policy, or it could be, only where original gig date has passed & in advance of rescheduling daye being announced, thatthey are refunding. Lots of different scenarios.

Money back in my account now. Gig was only classed as rescheduled up until today- now it’s cancelled but I made the application for refund once gig became rescheduled status over a week ago

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Has the Caribou gig in Iveagh Gardens been cancelled yet? It's under the 5000 capacity, but it's hardly gonna go ahead with 4000 people at it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Has the Caribou gig in Iveagh Gardens been cancelled yet? It's under the 5000 capacity, but it's hardly gonna go ahead with 4000 people at it:confused:

Working on new date

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Will there be any issues with the Agnes Obel gig in Vicar Street?

I know it's under the 5,000 persons requirement but what with the 2 metres requirement for social distancing...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,986 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

As expected, Fontaines DC in the Iveagh Gardens is "rescheduled", no date yet. Realistically unless they move to another venue, the only possibility is same time next year.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

Have the gigs in Trinity officially been cancelled/postponed yet?

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Will there be any issues with the Agnes Obel gig in Vicar Street?

I know it's under the 5,000 persons requirement but what with the 2 metres requirement for social distancing...

When is it? Current rules stop any gatherings so guess unless that significantly changes between now and then say its unlikely. Many promoters may postpone with the uncertainty too

Money back in my account now. Gig was only classed as rescheduled up until today- now it’s cancelled but I made the application for refund once gig became rescheduled status over a week ago

Thanks for sharing, which gig was that btw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Eod100 wrote: »
    When is it? Current rules stop any gatherings so guess unless that significantly changes between now and then say its unlikely. Many promoters may postpone with the uncertainty too

This is the rescheduled date

20th August 2020

SFC1895 wrote: »

I have not seen one, and believe it or not, they are still selling them on ticketmaster.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/michael-kiwanuka-brittany-howard-at-trinity-summer-series-dublin-29-06-2020/event/1800582EF2D859AA

seligehgit wrote: »
    This is the rescheduled date

20th August 2020

Ah gotcha. Guess promoter might wait until a bit closer to reschedule again in that case. Have seen gigs in Vicar Street in June being postponed lately.

Dermot Kennedy's St Anne's Park, INEC, Belfast, Malahide Castle and Cork gigs rescheduled to June 2021.

https://twitter.com/DermotKennedy/status/1255089917903933440/photo/1

SFC1895 wrote: »

No nothing yet. MCD just have general announcement about gigs over 5,000. I think capacity is around that. Hope to have full schedule out today apparently.

https://mcd.ie/rescheduled-events/

Eod100 wrote: »
    Dermot Kennedy's St Anne's Park, INEC, Belfast, Malahide Castle and Cork gigs rescheduled to June 2021.

https://twitter.com/DermotKennedy/status/1255089917903933440/photo/1

Picture this also rescheduled Cork, Dublin & Belfast, to June 2021

https://twitter.com/picturethis/status/1255093552352288769?s=20

There were 7 gigs at Irish Independant Park Cork, 2 of these now rescheduled to June 2021, good to see the series continuing in Cork

Have not heard anything about the Bellx1 gigs in May, have one booked for just over 3 weeks in Saint Lukes Cork, and nada.

They have 11 gigs scheduled across Ireland between late May & August

• Advertisement

Have not heard anything about the Bellx1 gigs in May, have one booked for just over 3 weeks in Saint Lukes Cork, and nada.

They have 11 gigs scheduled across Ireland between late May & August

Yeah I was thinking about those St Lukes gigs the other day. Seems a bit odd there's been nothing about them yet. Unless they're waiting for government to issue new guidelines ruling them out for insurance or other reasons.

Advertisement