Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Lot of rescheduled gigs announced today.

Deadmau5 at Marquee rescheduled to June 2021.

https://twitter.com/LATMofficial/status/1255104422553817088

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

fafy wrote: »
    Have not heard anything about the Bellx1 gigs in May, have one booked for just over 3 weeks in Saint Lukes Cork, and nada.

They have 11 gigs scheduled across Ireland between late May & August
    The Belfast show, along with the rest of the Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival was cancelled weeks ago. Already received my refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

ts_editor wrote: »
    The Belfast show, along with the rest of the Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival was cancelled weeks ago. Already received my refund.

I heard that, but that Bellx1 gig, was just one part of a much bigger multI event festival- which was cancelled outright.They still have 11 active gigs in Ireland right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I heard that, but that Bellx1 gig, was just one part of a much bigger multI event festival- which was cancelled outright.They still have 11 active gigs in Ireland right now.

I think its fair to say that there wont be any gigs of any sort in Ireland until at least September .

Zardoz wrote: »
    I think its fair to say that there wont be any gigs of any sort in Ireland until at least September .

Agreed, so Bellx1 are leaving it very late to leave people know, the first gig, is in less than 4 weeks time, I’m sure they will all be rescheduled, so get on with it lads !

• Advertisement

Cashed in on my All Together Now ticket by applying for a refund. I will see what the musical landscape is looking like in 2021 and may reinvest or change to Another Love Story.

I genuinely fear a lot of acts may not tour in 2021.

Checked my Ticketmaster account and it says my Forbidden Fruit Ticket monies will be returned to me automatically.

I had tickets for Primavera as well which has been moved to August but surely this wont go ahead as Spain is so ravaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

I'm re-posting this here for those interested in refunds for postponed gigs, as opposed to cancelled gigs: Ticketmaster are very coy around posting any of this information on their Covid-19 page - i found it in the general T&C's and contract information page.

See below T&C's of the contract you enter into with ticketmaster. So the thing to do is await new date, and if you don't want to go, demand a refund.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html

11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages plus the relevant Service Charges. Your Order Processing Fees will not be refunded if your Tickets or Packages have already been dispatched or delivered to you. Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

I see ticketmaster changed some of the bits you have in bold writing specifically saying no Service Charges refunded since round April 21st!!!!

I am applying for some refunds for rescheduled events so my question is should I be refunded all Service Charges as I bought my tickets before the terms and conditions were amended or do I need to suck it up thanks?

Here's the updated terms and conditions for rescheduled events.

11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages (Service Charges and Order Processing Fees are non-refundable). Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

I see ticketmaster changed some of the bits you have in bold writing specifically saying no Service Charges refunded since round April 21st!!!!

I am applying for some refunds for rescheduled events so my question is should I be refunded all Service Charges as I bought my tickets before the terms and conditions were amended or do I need to suck it up thanks?

Here's the updated terms and conditions for rescheduled events.

11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages (Service Charges and Order Processing Fees are non-refundable). Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

Sneaky out. Good thing OP posted original to compare! I don't see how they can retrospectively change it, surely t and cs apply from when you bought tickets not when you seek refund? Think they're playing fast and loose with rules here but not sure who's going to challenge them.

Governments seem to be thinking of rolling over about airlines giving vouchers instead of refunds. Think EU would be stronger on this tbh.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Sneaky out. Good thing OP posted original to compare! I don't see how they can retrospectively change it, surely t and cs apply from when you bought tickets not when you seek refund? Think they're playing fast and loose with rules here but not sure who's going to challenge them.

Governments seem to be thinking of rolling over about airlines giving vouchers instead of refunds. Think EU would be stronger on this tbh.

Yep that's my concern too.How would you challenge them about it as they seem to make up there own rules as they go along?

I will be very annoyed if they don't refund the service charges being honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

12k jobs lost with BA today should show it just wouldn't make any sense to subdue businesses in a period of such uncertainty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Any word on the Ricky Gervais gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,986 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

12k jobs lost with BA today should show it just wouldn't make any sense to subdue businesses in a period of such uncertainty.

That's not an excuse to screw their customers, many of whom are having financial difficulties themselves.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Agreed, so Bellx1 are leaving it very late to leave people know, the first gig, is in less than 4 weeks time, I’m sure they will all be rescheduled, so get on with it lads !

An email from the Cork Venue this morning, (Saint Lukes Church)where Bell x1 have 3 gigs in late May, saying basically, the gigs are off, but they want to wait until the next Government update on what they can, and cannot do, and will reschedule, once that update has been given- all fair enough.

Once, new dates are announced, anyone can at that point opt for a refund, or keep original tickets for the revised dates

Not subdue no but not avoid paying customers what's due to them. Theres a risk that some airlines may not still exist to honour those vouchers in 6 or 12 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Any announcement on The National gig in Limerick in June?

Sorry if already mentioned

Lewis Capaldi pushed back a year.

Cork Independent Park moved from Thursday June 18th 2020 to Thursday June 17th 2021.

Malahide Castle moved from Saturday June 20th 2021 to Saturday June 19th 2021.

Any word on the Ricky Gervais gig?

Ricky was on the Late Late a few weeks ago and said that nothing before September looks like going ahead.
    He has postponed all of his Uk gigs until later in the year but for some bizarre reason the Dublin gig has not been moved yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

That's not an excuse to screw their customers, many of whom are having financial difficulties themselves.
    I don't get ya, it's not an excuse its a stark reality something so unprecedented obviously effects everyone but the sympathy clearly only falls one way with you.
    Not subdue no but not avoid paying customers what's due to them. Theres a risk that some airlines may not still exist to honour those vouchers in 6 or 12 months time.
    Your apparent concern of airlines not being around happens quicker if your formula is applied, doesn't any voucher you may acquire run on limitations.

Any announcement on The National gig in Limerick in June?

Sorry if already mentioned

As they have 3 Ireland gigs- Belfast, Cork & Limerick- i would expect these 3 rescheduled 2021dates, to be announced, all at the same time.

Their website only has one 2021 gig currently, the rescheduled Rock In Rio gig in Lisbon, which was only announced on Wednesday last, so assume, new tour being organised

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

As they have 3 Ireland gigs- Belfast, Cork & Limerick- i would expect these to be announced at the same time.

Their website only has one 2021 gig currently, the rescheduled Rock In Rio gig in Lisbon, which was only announced on Wednesday last, so assume, new tour being organised

My GF got an email about the Cork gig being rescheduled to a later unnanounced date. I had bought tickets separately for Belfast and haven't heard anything yet.

• Advertisement

Big Thief gig in Vicar St in September cancelled according to Facebook event. Nothing official yet as far as I can see.

cefh17 wrote: »
    .... Belfast and haven't heard anything yet.
    The lockdown in NI hasn't been confirmed past the end of next week ... yet. That's probably holding up a few cancellations/reschedules.

I want to believe that Rammstein are bringing enough flamethrowers to kill every Covid for 19 miles. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,398 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Doing a concert is well beyond the artists control

It's the government's call sadly

Big Thief gig in Vicar St in September cancelled according to Facebook event. Nothing official yet as far as I can see.

Got an email confirming this cancellation. At this rate it's hard to see any gigs going ahead this year which seemed inevitable unfortunately.

ts_editor wrote: »
    I want to believe that Rammstein are bringing enough flamethrowers to kill every Covid for 19 miles. :D

Rammstein will not be touring this summer ,not a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I had tickets for Kaleidoscope Festival. Bought the car park ticket separately.
    When I log into my ticketmaster account now, in the Upcoming Events category the festival has disappeared, but the car park ticket is still there.
    Would anyone have any insight into this?
    At first when I saw that the festival had disappeared from here I presumed it was because it was cancelled, but why would the car park ticket still be there?
    Haven't received any correspondence that I'll be refunded for the festival.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Rammstein will not be touring this summer ,not a hope.

Has it been cancelled or just rescheduled?

Has it been cancelled or just rescheduled?
    https://www.rammstein.de/en/covid-19-rammstein-shows-2020/

They're working on it.

cefh17 wrote: »
    My GF got an email about the Cork gig being rescheduled to a later unnanounced date. I had bought tickets separately for Belfast and haven't heard anything yet.

I got the Cork email as well, i did notice only the Cork gig says “postponed” on TM, but i’d imagine they are working on the new dates.
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/the-national-tickets/artist/959669

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,986 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I don't get ya, it's not an excuse its a stark reality something so unprecedented obviously effects everyone but the sympathy clearly only falls one way with you.

What I mean is that we have large and very profitable corporations trying to dump the financial pain onto the little guys - their employees and customers.

TM in particular has screwed a crazy amount of money out of us over the years for doing f**k all, and has an effective monopoly on large gigs, fcuk 'em. Fcuk 'em in the ear :)

https://youtu.be/MmYBpgAC7Uw?t=20

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Advertisement