Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

No real suprise that The Stranglers at the Olympia cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

ureds wrote: »
    No real suprise that The Stranglers at the Olympia cancelled.

The keyboard player passed away from Covid too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't suppose there's been any update on the Trinity series?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Fontaines DC. Fri 29 May 2020 Belfast, still no update on this being cancelled or rescheduled, anyone heard anything?

rizzee wrote: »
    Fontaines DC. Fri 29 May 2020 Belfast, still no update on this being cancelled or rescheduled, anyone heard anything?

Trying to nail down a rescheduled date at present

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

5 Seconds of Summer have rescheduled their show at 3Arena to the new date of 14 April 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Trying to nail down a rescheduled date at present

I think it's safe to apply this theory to any gig before the end of June that hasn't been cancelled or postponed yet.

I've Ricky Gervais and In Conversation with the Sopranos tickets for the last weekend of May and there's been zilch updates on either. No value in artists holding off cancelling if its already done at this point so it must be down to attempted rescheduling.

I think it's safe to apply this theory to any gig before the end of June that hasn't been cancelled or postponed yet.

I've Ricky Gervais and In Conversation with the Sopranos tickets for the last weekend of May and there's been zilch updates on either. No value in artists holding off cancelling if its already done at this point so it must be down to attempted rescheduling.

Yeah I think that's largely it. Could also be holding off having to refund lot of gigs at once too if cancelled but its in everyone's interest if they could be postponed alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah I think that's largely it. Could also be holding off having to refund lot of gigs at once too if cancelled but its in everyone's interest if they could be postponed alright!

From an insurance perspective, it makes sense to cancel as early as possible. The closer it gets to the gig, the more parties will be triggered to provide services contractually and then more liability arises that can't be claimed back.

Not to say they won't be cancelled but you'd assume best efforts are being made which is inordinately tricky where tours are involved.

Yes you are correct. I was referring to Fontaines as I know someone involved.

But the majority of gigs will be rescheduled. The issue is that there are some many moving parts involved in rescheduling tours that it takes time, a lot of people don't appreciate this.

Yeah it sucks that gigs are off but everyone wants them to go ahead and the effort it takes to reschedule tour is massive, it won't happen overnight it can take weeks and weeks. Updates will come as they are ready.

For everyone still wondering, gigs this year are not going to happen. You will get an update when everything is ready.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Don't suppose there's been any update on the Trinity series?

No, it's very strange as I can't see it going ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

As I've posted a particular post a number of times in this forum on different threads, I won't post it again as some idiot will report me for spamming. So click on my profile and review my posts in this forum over last week.

To update you all, I'm in the process of receiving a full refund for ticket purchases for a gig that's yet to reschedule but didn't go ahead- perseverance is my recommendation and demand your rights (which you have, based on Ticketmaster T&C 's when you purchased)

How did you get on with this?
    I used the specific form over a week ago & got a reply today
    "Thanks for your reply

We cannot issue a refund until the new date is confirmed by the event organisers. When it is confirmed we'll email the full details to customers.

If the event is cancelled and not rescheduled we'll issue refunds automatically."

I replied saying it was in the T&Cs that I am entitled to a full refund.

Lux23 wrote: »
    No, it's very strange as I can't see it going ahead!

I guess they're trying to reschedule but still. I emailed them a few days ago on of chance they can say any more. Will update if/when I hear back.

I guess ........it's not unusual.......(i'll get me coat) ;)

Did notice on the mail from Ticketmaster to my OH, there was a statement from Tom Jones which said,
    "To make it easy, all tickets already purchased for this year will remain valid for the re-scheduled shows in 2021. Alternately, if you need a refund, please contact your original point of purchase."
    There's something that you won't see on many Ticketmaster emails.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I guess ........it's not unusual.......(i'll get me coat) ;)

Did notice on the mail from Ticketmaster to my OH, there was a statement from Tom Jones which said,

There's something that you won't see on many Ticketmaster emails.

Yeah the bit about refund is definitely unusual.. :pac: Guess Jones is such a big artist he could have made sure that got in. Dunno if that was the case tbf but fair play if it was

Yeah the bit about refund is definitely not unusual.. :pac: Guess Jones is such a big artist he could have made sure that got in. Dunno if that was the case tbf but fair play if it was

AFAIK it's wasn't a sell out so fair play to him doing that.
    Tickets were expensive for a mostly standing concert for which the age profile for his fans would be north of 40 so I'd guess most would have preferred sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Iron Maiden in Belfast is cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Dutch sports and music fans will not be able to attend events until a coronavirus vaccine has been found, the Dutch Health Minister has said.

Organised sport is due to resume in the Netherlands from September 1, but even then fixtures will be played without crowds.
    Festivals and concerts have also been scrapped until at least the end of August, while the 2019-20 Dutch football season has been abandoned entirely with no champions or relegation.

Hugo de Jonge, the Health Minister, has now told the Dutch Parliament that no one will be allowed to attend mass gatherings until a vaccine for COVID-19 has been found.
    Many scientists estimate it could be at least a year before an effective treatment to prevent the spread of the disease is ready for use.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/no-fans-in-dutch-stadiums-until-a-vaccine-is-developed-1.4247554

I wonder will we see something similar here

Zardoz wrote: »
    Dutch sports and music fans will not be able to attend events until a coronavirus vaccine has been found, the Dutch Health Minister has said.

Organised sport is due to resume in the Netherlands from September 1, but even then fixtures will be played without crowds.
    Festivals and concerts have also been scrapped until at least the end of August, while the 2019-20 Dutch football season has been abandoned entirely with no champions or relegation.

Hugo de Jonge, the Health Minister, has now told the Dutch Parliament that no one will be allowed to attend mass gatherings until a vaccine for COVID-19 has been found.
    Many scientists estimate it could be at least a year before an effective treatment to prevent the spread of the disease is ready for use.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/no-fans-in-dutch-stadiums-until-a-vaccine-is-developed-1.4247554

I did see an article in one of the rags saying it could be 6 years before we
    see a full vaccine, I'll never get my refunds off Ticketmaster then. :eek:

• Advertisement

entirely with no champions or relegation.
    Wonder how will CL & EL teams for next year work then?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Well with no vaccines for any of the other coronavirus strains out there, the Dutch will lead a boring life by that restrictive statement (having only read the headline).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Zardoz

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Wonder how will CL & EL teams for next year work then?

It was based on the league table as it stood when abandoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Amazing to think that after 2 postponements, Ozzy Osbournes gig at the 3arena scheduled for November, may be one of the few gigs that actually takes place in 2020.

poundhound wrote: »
    Amazing to think that after 2 postponements, Ozzy Osbournes gig at the 3arena scheduled for November may be one of the few gigs that actually takes place in 2020.

In fairness he bit a bat in the 80s and was grand sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 45 RazorT

Rammstein postponed.

Due to local event restrictions related to COVID-19, which now affect almost all planned dates, the band's 2020 stadium tour can unfortunately not take place.

We are currently checking whether it is possible to reschedule the dates and will communicate any updates as soon as possible!

All tickets will remain valid until then.

Thank you again for your understanding and patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Requested a refund from TM on April 24th, only received the conformation of the refund being processed today- 2 weeks later.

So, they must be totally overwhelmed with queries, as this process used to take a max of 5 working days. This might be one of the reasons we are getting, what appears to be a slow “drip feed“, of Postponements &cancellations, as a high volume of “manually actioned” refunds, come with each one of those.

All gigs in Lost Lane up to 10th of August are being postponed. https://twitter.com/lostlanedublin/status/1258716163812536320?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

Email this morning to say that Lucinda Williams in the Kilkenny Arts Festival in August is postponed to August 2021. Tickets stand or refund offered. Fair play - best of both worlds (got great seats).

Advertisement