Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MyGovID problem

• 24-03-2020 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the best place to post - please move if necessary, thanks Mods.

I'm trying to verify a my GovId account and it's not working for me.
    I enter PPS, Public Services Card details and I get a message saying 'Couldn't verify your information'.
    I've tried using a different browser, can't get through to them by phone.
    Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I had some trouble with mine too, and I think the issue was that I was just entering my first and last name, whereas the name on my old social service card, i,e, the name registered against my PPSN, had my middle name there instead. As far as I can remember I had to enter my full name as it appeared on the card and it went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭beautyqueen

jos28 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the best place to post - please move if necessary, thanks Mods.

I'm trying to verify a my GovId account and it's not working for me.
    I enter PPS, Public Services Card details and I get a message saying 'Couldn't verify your information'.
    I've tried using a different browser, can't get through to them by phone.
    Any ideas anyone?

I'm having the same problem. I actually tried to verify it a few months ago and was getting the same message. Tried again last night with the code they sent me this week and I keep getting a message that the details I'm entering dont match those on files.
    On my card I have 2 surnames, I generally use one, so I thought it might be that.
    but I've tried every combination of the 2, on their own and even with a hyphen and no luck!

I was gonna give them a call as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks folks, I'll try a different name format. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Liam5

I am having this problem also.Im trying to verify my Gov id details in order to renew my Public Service Card.Im using the name as shown on my old card and my password but get notice stating cannot verify with details supplied.The name and the password are correct and I have used 4 different browsers and also asks 3 other people to log in to see if it was me that was doing something wrong.NO ONE COULD LOG IN.I contacted welfare dept clearly outlining the issue and I received back a generic reply explaining how to sign in which was basically a cut and paste of whats on their web site and had nothing to do with the issue I raised, my problem was their system not accepting my details..Anyway, I have now dumped the old card now as it is out of date and have decided not to renew my Public Service Card as it more trouble than its worth.Oh, and when I contacted the local off to make an appointment to renew the card I was told there is a 3-4 week waiting list for appointments.

So to briefly outline the situation I was in.I wanted to renew my Public Service Card.The system wont allow me the verify my GOV.IE using my correct name and password and when i contact them regarding this issue they sent me back information that had no relation to the problem I was having.Conclusion - They can keep their Public Service Card its not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Did you join Boards to post this meaningless rant. The last paragraph would have sufficed.

There's clearly an issue with your mygovid account, requiring, for security reasons to be reset. This can happen for a number of reasons but the most common, Different Email address or phone number used to register in the first place.

Contact details are available on how to reset & you have to contact them directly for a, new pin to be issued by post

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement