Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭Tow

splinter65 wrote: »
    As long as you were employed above board on the 13 March you will get €350 for 6 weeks.

DEASP will still pay employees €350 per week, once they provide full details of their employer. The employer will be subject to 'compliance actions' at a later date.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Do the self employed fill out the same form as employees when applying for this? I assume we do but just checking before I fill mine in, anyone know if its same form? Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Do the self employed fill out the same form as employees when applying for this? I assume we do but just checking before I fill mine in, anyone know if its same form? Cheers.

Yes and apply online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

na1 wrote: »
    John lost his job because the government told his employer to stop working to avoid spread of the virus. OR the government told his employer's clients to stop purchasing goods from this employer, OR they told the potential customers to stay home -all these orders directly affected John's income. As an attempt to compensate the affect of their orders the government decided to partially subsidize the income losses, which were DIRECT results of the government restrictions.
    Sean lost his job because his employer made bad business for some other unrelated reasons. These reasons were not related to the spread of the virus. Why would the state compensate someone's own bad decisions?

Surely they would not be compensating the business Sean worked for though. Its looking after people who lost their jobs. Sean made a bad decision? How exactly? So many variables to this.

Its a big assumption everyone on this 350euro is going back to work. And its very hard to start off giving someone one amount and then reducing it 6 weeks later.

Will be interesting to see peoples reaction when the 203euro rate kicks in for them and many still dont have a job and they have to join the queue so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Galway20188

So if I lost my job March 17th and applied but received nothing I should receive 700 Tuesday?

Am I right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So if I lost my job March 17th and applied but received nothing I should receive 700 Tuesday?

Am I right?

No one will know till Tuesday I think. I was just expecting 350 and I'd get it for 12 weeks from date of first payment, but if it's 700 and then 10 weeks of 350, cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

hynesie08 wrote: »
    No one will know till Tuesday I think. I was just expecting 350 and I'd get it for 12 weeks from date of first payment, but if it's 700 and then 10 weeks of 350, cool.

Wouldn't really make sense would it.

Me and coworker apply same date last week, coworker gets payment last week, I don't, we both go back to work same date (for arguments sake, less than 12 weeks), how would it be justifiable for coworker to receive an extra weeks pay?

Yeah I’m presuming it would have to be backdated for that reason too but unsure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭hynesie08

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Wouldn't really make sense would it.

Me and coworker apply same date last week, coworker gets payment last week, I don't, we both go back to work same date (for arguments sake, less than 12 weeks), how would it be justifiable for coworker to receive an extra weeks pay?

I see your point and it's completely fair, guess we'll find out on Tuesday..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Will I receive confirmation of being approved for the payment ? Haven't heard anything yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Work on a construction site over 100km from home. Been told to work unless we can't drive ourselves. No car pooling allowed anymore.

Anyone know if I'm eligible for any payment as the company is still functioning but I'm unable to go to work now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭threeball

Work on a construction site over 100km from home. Been told to work unless we can't drive ourselves. No car pooling allowed anymore.

Anyone know if I'm eligible for any payment as the company is still functioning but I'm unable to go to work now.

Construction should not be working according to the latest rules unless you are building critical infrastructure

When you sign up for the Covid19 payment you get an email the following day asking you to sign up for jobseekers and provide a P45. Why would you need to do that if you plan to return to your job once restrictions are lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

threeball wrote: »
    When you sign up for the Covid19 payment you get an email the following day asking you to sign up for jobseekers and provide a P45. Why would you need to do that if you plan to return to your job once restrictions are lifted.

They ask for P45,they got rid of them and the P60?

I never got this or any email

Paste in a copy of the email or else #fakenews

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Carmel McG

My husband works for HRI on the racetrack. It's casual work so he claims JB for the days he doesn't work, has been doing this since September last year. Now with no racing he will be fully unemployed. Is he entitled to claim the 350 eur? Any insight appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This €350 is nice and no doubt very needed but it's a bit farcical is some aspects

Someone working 2 days a week in a restaurant etc gets way over what they could earn

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Someone working 2 days a week in a restaurant etc gets way over what they could earn

Don't be surprised if this changes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭Tow

johnf26 wrote: »
    They ask for P45,they got rid of them and the P60?

Got rid of then at the start of last year. DEASP can look up your current details online.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Just got email there now that we are closed tomorrow and apply online for special payment I put in all my details but seem to get frozen on bank details stage 3 anyone else having problems

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

kerryjack wrote: »
    Just got email there now that we are closed tomorrow and apply online for special payment I put in all my details but seem to get frozen on bank details stage 3 anyone else having problems

Was crashing Friday night as well tried it saturday and went straight through first go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

below is the imporant bit:
    To qualify for the scheme, employers must
    be experiencing significant negative economic disruption due to Covid-19
    be able to demonstrate, to the satisfaction of Revenue, a minimum of a 25% decline in turnover
    be unable to pay normal wages and normal outgoings fully and
    retain their employees on the payroll.

the query we received was could an employer pay VAT for jan/feb and p30 for feb fully - usually 28th of march and apply for this subsidy?
    thats the question no can answer.
    if an employer did the above will revenue raise issues down the line?
    yes, they could and will state "be unable to pay normal wages and normal outgoings fully" includes revenue, so the employer should not have paid them but paid the wages and paid revenue down the line.
    revenue are very hard to deal with and will look to recover every cent of this wage subsidy

Revenue are not hard to deal with at all, but by all means don't apply if it doesn't sit right with you.

easypazz wrote: »
    Paste in a copy of the email or else #fakenews

Message regarding your Emergency Payments application
    Thank you for your recent Emergency Payments application. Your application has been submitted and is awaiting review from an officer.
    If you are applying for COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment, you will also need to apply for Jobseekers. Start your application now.

Please note applications are processed in order of received date and we aim to process your application within 7 days. Payments will issue to your bank account once processed

#Notsofakenews

Message regarding your Emergency Payments application
    Thank you for your recent Emergency Payments application. Your application has been submitted and is awaiting review from an officer.
    If you are applying for COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment, you will also need to apply for Jobseekers. Start your application now.

Please note applications are processed in order of received date and we aim to process your application within 7 days. Payments will issue to your bank account once processed

#Notsofakenews

Can you highlight the line where it asks for your P45, I can't seem to see it.

easypazz wrote: »
    Can you highlight the line where it asks for your P45, I can't seem to see it.

When you log in to the jobseekers section it asks for it. And before you ask no I'm not fcuking logging in and posting it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

PTH2009 wrote: »
    This €350 is nice and no doubt very needed but it's a bit farcical is some aspects

I do wonder about this aspect of it and whether/how it will be addressed down the line. At present, the payment is approx. 50% of my income. However, when I was a student working in a clothes shop, I would have had to work 35-40 hours to earn €350!

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I do wonder about this aspect of it and whether/how it will be addressed down the line. At present, the payment is approx. 50% of my income. However, when I was a student working in a clothes shop, I would have had to work 35-40 hours to earn €350!

It does seem like just a fast way to get cash into people’s hands and the govt. probably could have saved a lot by excluding students/part time workers or reducing their rate so it’ll be interesting to see if they do. Also still wondering if I’ll be back paid since I sent my application 17th March because if not then this highlights another flaw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

It does seem like just a fast way to get cash into people’s hands and the govt. probably could have saved a lot by excluding students/part time workers or reducing their rate so it’ll be interesting to see if they do. Also still wondering if I’ll be back paid since I sent my application 17th March because if not then this highlights another flaw

I have seen lots of posts here saying it will be back-paid, hopefully that is the case for people who have yet to get their payment. I sent mine on the 17th of March also and got a payment last week in the Post Office of €203. I have no idea if I will have to pick it up there again this week or if it will be put in to my bank account. As long as it's at the new correct rate I'll be happy, although I would prefer to not have to visit the PO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

You can't really request money back from this who applied and recieved the payment, considering they were never the conditions of the payment. It's likely the flat rate was applied in order to ensure quick processing and payment of the fees.

Also, why shouldn't students/part time workers be paid? They are out of work due to a governmental order, which is the point of the payment really.

We've an awful attitude towards some students in terms of what benefits they can achieve from the state. Once parents of a student/ student themselves earn over €50k combined, there's no assistance to be recieved. Many work very long hours on top of their studies in order to pay the many bills accrued.

Advertisement