Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

I posted my application on the 18th of march, my last day of work was the 15th of march.
    Just got €350 into my bank account from social welfare, I thought I might have got two weeks of payment instead of one??

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Galway20188

md323 wrote: »
    I posted my application on the 18th of march, my last day of work was the 15th of march.
    Just got €350 into my bank account from social welfare, I thought I might have got two weeks of payment instead of one??

Did you get it tonight? I’m the same applies 18th March nothing yet

Ya, just checked my account and one payment of 350.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Hoping someone can help here. Just got a letter off my employer to say that they "have been instructed to temporarily lay off employees for two weeks, in effect from Friday 27th.
    Govt is providing emergency payment to all employees..."
    And then it says, "alternatively you should claim Jobseekers Payment if you have one adult and one or more dependent children."

What does that mean? Why would I claim jobseekers if I'm only temporarily laid off, and will qualify for the emergency COVID payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

I posted mine on 17th and nothing. No email so I don't think Im getting it. ****ing raging I put my N26 account on the form, thought it would be ok.
    I'm down to my last few shekels :(

• Advertisement

Did anyone else receive pay? I’m with bank of Ireland and nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Hoping someone can help here. Just got a letter off my employer to say that they "have been instructed to temporarily lay off employees for two weeks, in effect from Friday 27th.
    Govt is providing emergency payment to all employees..."
    And then it says, "alternatively you should claim Jobseekers Payment if you have one adult and one or more dependent children."

What does that mean? Why would I claim jobseekers if I'm only temporarily laid off, and will qualify for the emergency COVID payment?

Read Post 419

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Nothing with AIB but i applied on the 23rd, or well sent off my form then. Don't know when it reached them or if it processed

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Read Post 419

Thanks for that. I'm still not clear on why the letter says "alternatively" though. The payment is for 12 weeks; would it really take that long to process job seekers if it came to it? And what does "having an adult and one or more dependant children" have to do with anything? I did read the form section on the website on welfare.ie and I didn't see anywhere a recommendation to also apply for jobseekers concurrently (or at all). If that were the recommendation though, wouldn't my employer letter say to "also" apply for jobseekers, rather than "alternatively?" Sorry, confused.com here :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Thanks for that. I'm still not clear on why the letter says "alternatively" though. The payment is for 12 weeks; would it really take that long to process job seekers if it came to it? And what does "having an adult and one or more dependant children" have to do with anything? I did read the form section on the website on welfare.ie and I didn't see anywhere a recommendation to also apply for jobseekers concurrently (or at all). If that were the recommendation though, wouldn't my employer letter say to "also" apply for jobseekers, rather than "alternatively?" Sorry, confused.com here :confused:

If you have an adult dependent and kids you would get more cash on jobseekers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

You don’t have to apply for jobseekers. Your decision

If you have a dependent adult (ie a spouse) who isn’t working and isn’t entitled to a welfare payment in their own right, or a dependent child, you can get additional payments for them with jobseekers (they call it an increase for qualified adult/child)

If the 350 is the max you get, and you’ll have your job back soon. Don’t worry about it

If you’ll get more through jobseekers and IQA/IQC, do that

Thank you! If I can ask one more question :)

To clarify, I can apply for jobseekers even if 12 weeks later I end up returning to my previous job?

I would qualify for the spouse/dependant child so maybe I should go that route?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Thank you! If I can ask one more question :)

To clarify, I can apply for jobseekers even if 12 weeks later I end up returning to my previous job?

I would qualify for the spouse/dependant child so maybe I should go that route?

Apply for the covid-19, it will process quickly, then apply for jobseekers.

Really appreciate the help, thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

I’m with bank of Ireland too and got nothing yet. Brother posted same day and he got 350 payed in tonight. He is with Ulster.

I’m with bank of Ireland too and got nothing yet. Brother posted same day and he got 350 payed in tonight. He is with Ulster.

Is the payment not back dated??

Im with Ulster bank aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

AIB, applied ~17th March, nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Is the payment not back dated??

Im with Ulster bank aswell

Second payment isn't made until tomorrow, so I'm not sure how you can get a payment that isn't made yet.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Second payment isn't made until tomorrow, so I'm not sure how you can get a payment that isn't made yet.

Some people are getting it now but it’s not back dated to when they lost their job

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭beautyqueen

My last day of work was march 14th. Dropped my form into my local office on the 16th and have received 350 this evening also. Curious to see if another payment comes tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If part time employee loses work over this, also receive 350 from employer for 6 weeks?

JCX BXC wrote: »

I've never had any dealings with social welfare in the past, so just looking for some information on here.

So I take from what your saying the first payment of €350 I recieved tonight was my first week and I should recieve my second week of payment tomorrow?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If part time employee loses work over this, also receive 350

Not from your employer , you need to apply to social welfare for payment
    And it is 12 weeks.

I've never had any dealings with social welfare in the past, so just looking for some information on here.

So I take from what your saying the first payment of €350 I recieved tonight was my first week and I should recieve my second week of payment tomorrow?

No. They pay on Fridays and its in the account on Monday evening/Tuesday. Ulster bank has a history of being the quickest with wage payments usually. I got paid from work on Fridays and it was in my account on Tuesday in the past, not UB though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

May have been incorrect here, apologies.

Anyone else waiting til 12 to see if they get paid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Anyone else waiting til 12 to see if they get paid
    yup

yup

Let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Nothing here, with AIB.

Dropped form into my local office on March 19th.

• Advertisement

Nothing here, with AIB.

Dropped form into my local office on March 19th.

Saw online that AIB ones are generally between 3-5am :( Fingers crossed.

Advertisement