Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Girlfriends boi and just received 350, temp layoff from 14th. Application sent on 16th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Why aren't people getting the two weeks payment if people filled out on the 14th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭tscul32

Just got my first payment of €350 into BOI account. Last worked 18th March and applied online on 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 redbennnnn

I’m with AIB got mine just before 12,€350 also

I’m BOI and still waiting

Same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Anniepower wrote: »
    Hey guys recently returned back from Canada due to the current situation going on, I left in November and had been in full time employment for about 3 years before that.

Any idea of what I’m entitled to and the avenues I should go down? Would I be best off just applying for jobseekers and seeing how I get on? I’m fearful i May be left to the side due to processing time of this.

I had applied for the covoid19 pandemic form and my local welfare office had told me (mid March) I would be eligible but upon further research by myself today and yesterday I have realised I am in no way entitled to this.

I don’t know the exact details if your entitled to it or not, but my cousin returned from Canada 2 weeks ago due to same reason. She applied around the 18th for pandemic payment and got 350 tonight, into Ulster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

With PTSB, just checked there, payment of €350 shortly after midnight. Posted application on Paddy's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Anniepower

easypazz wrote: »
    The good news is "the peak" has passed or is about to with processing the claims.

They have pulled in staff from all over the place so should be able to deal with any new claims reasonably quickly.

Very true yes will apply for jobseekers tomorrow I think. Very difficult due to the misleading information I was given by my social welfare office.

Would I be eligible for back payment from when I returned to Ireland or just when I actually apply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

I don’t know the exact details if your entitled to it or not, but my cousin returned from Canada 2 weeks ago due to same reason. She applied around the 18th for pandemic payment and got 350 tonight, into Ulster.

That sounds like fraud TBH so be careful.

Policy seems to be pay everybody then ask for more info., payslips, letter from employer etc. later.

I’m BOI, just got 350 there.

• Advertisement

Very true yes will apply for jobseekers tomorrow I think. Very difficult due to the misleading information I was given by my social welfare office.

Would I be eligible for back payment from when I returned to Ireland or just when I actually apply?

I really cant answer. Apply and see how it goes

Do you know did she put down her last employment in Ireland or if she put down she was working in Canada and that employer?

I put down my employer from October and that I had returned due to the outbreak as that is what I was instructed to do.

That sounds like fraud TBH so be careful.

Policy seems to be pay everybody then ask for more info., payslips, letter from employer etc. later.

Honestly, I don’t know. When she filled out the form, it was the time that it was 203, which was same as dole and looked like the quickest way to getting the dole. Then it jumped to 350. There was no lies told on her form so will wait and see

I really cant answer. Apply and see how it goes

Cheers will do and will keep ye posted I’m sure I’m not the only one in this position due to the many number of people that returned home so May be helpful for others

Do you know did she put down her last employment in Ireland or if she put down she was working in Canada and that employer?

I put down my employer from October and that I had returned due to the outbreak as that is what I was instructed to do.

She put down her Canadian employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tigolebitties

I claimed last Friday online and got paid there now on bank of Ireland.
    I didn’t think I would get it as I’ve only been working in Ireland since January 2020 in a self employed job. I had registered with revenue with an accountant so maybe that was it. I’d been living abroad since 2014 and just came back last December
    I hadn’t paid any contributions since 2013 when I worked in the public sector as a PAYE worker.
    Do I have to repay back this money in time? does anyone know ? I read something somewhere that the self employed will be taxed on this... ? I’m clueless anyway so I’m going to watch I don’t spend it all.
    Also, I lost my job on Thursday 12th, is this €350 for that week or only from this week on?
    Cheers

Honestly, I don’t know. When she filled out the form, it was the time that it was 203, which was same as dole and looked like the quickest way to getting the dole. Then it jumped to 350. There was no lies told on her form so will wait and see

I would say if it only lasts 6 weeks or so the government will suck it up.

There will be winners and losers in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Galway20188

Still nothing and I’m stressing, I can’t go another week with nothing

Still nothing and I’m stressing, I can’t go another week with nothing

Also nothing yet, slightly comforting to know I am not the only one. Will let you know if/when I get it. Keep me updated too please!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TtomRedCM

Just received €350, applied on 17th March. Last payment from employer was 11th March. With AIB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

TtomRedCM wrote: »
    Just received €350, applied on 17th March. Last payment from employer was 11th March. With AIB

For the applicants that were expecting two week's payment today, I wonder will this sort itself out?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mackwiss

Hunchback wrote: »
    For the applicants that were expecting two week's payment today, I wonder will this sort itself out?

Yeah, exactly on the same boat. Just registered to say I'm self-employed and underlying condition (severe asthma) stopped working 13th of March and only got 350€.

I have the feeling they might just have added as much as possible ppl to the system pay them a week and from now on backtrack all the data and put ppl on the correct schemes?

Those who applied online, did you receive an email confirming your form was received? I never got one, now looking doubtful I will be paid. Applied on the 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

Applied by post on the 19th.€350 in BOI account overnight.

TtomRedCM wrote: »
    Just received €350, applied on 17th March. With AIB

Same here, but BOI instead of AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Galway20188

This is a ****ing joke. Applied 18th and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

This is a ****ing joke. Applied 18th and nothing.

You must have made a mistake on some details, was alot of mistakes apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Applied last Monday and nothing. Might reapply online incase it went missing rather then clogging up their phone lines. Any luck JCX, sorry to hear you've got nothing again Galway I'd definitely give them a ring if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Was sent to post office last tuesday for 203 after applying the 19th and nothing in bank account today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Has anyone who received the €203 last week been backdated the difference?.

Advertisement