Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Has anyone who received the €203 last week been backdated the difference?.

Noone is getting backdated the difference. It's from this week on you will get the new high rate.

I applied 18th March and received nothing. I emailed them on Friday and they told me to reapply on if I hadn't received anything. Not sure how they lost my application I filled it out down at the Intreo. But anyway reapplied online yesterday so will see how long it will take.
    It's pretty unfair people are only getting paid the single week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Blowup

Permanent TSB can take till before end of business day to drop in the bank. I spoke to them on Friday after waiting for almost 30 mins to speak to someone. The guy assured me the volume is just insane at the moment (their app crashed too).
    I eventually got whatever little salary at around 4pm on Friday, whereas the rest of my colleagues were paid around midnight. I’m also waiting for the emergency payment that I applied for on the 17th.

Everybody situation is different, just wait today and if nothing changes give them a ring to see if your application has been received which I’m not sure is even something they can answer at the moment.

Hope I was in a position to even help anybody cause the uncertainty of many aspects of day to day life can be scary.
    We will get through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Galway20188

I’ll actually be very surprised and disappointed if they don’t introduce some kind of back pay then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Its a pity some people are waiting.

Their email is info@welfare.ie if people want to start written communication with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Guys. I left to go to work on wed 25th. I had a sore throat and started coughing so I rang work to tell them I was returning home. When I got home I rang the doctor, the doctor said I most likely had a cold but that due to the current situation I should stay home. When the boss contacted I said this and he said I should take 14 days to be sure. He said he'd contact the accountant for Covid payment and I thought nothing of it. In my mind I expected the wage subsidy

Today he messaged me telling me to go to social welfare. I asked him about the wage subsidy and he said due to my earnings I only qualify for the lower payment 350 but I feel he's trying to pull a fast one and push me towards social welfare. To deal with social welfare I will need to get back on to the doctor for a cert and jump through a few hoops. Can anyone advise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Would it be worth emailing and waiting a few days for a response or applying online do you think?

Would it be worth emailing and waiting a few days for a response or applying online do you think?

I emailed this morning and already got a reply, except they just told me to contact my local intreo centre. No point calling you’ll be on hold for ages. I’d say just apply online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

AIB bank and still nothing. Getting ridiculous now.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jim-jam

BanditLuke wrote: »
    AIB bank and still nothing. Getting ridiculous now.

Same here. Applied nearly two weeks ago now. Going to reapply today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Got my payment throughout the night with AIB. Applied on the 19th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I'd just reapply. But It seems like as it's a12 week payment they will just pay you one payment a week for 12 weeks no matter how long you have been waiting for your application to come through. So even though I'm coming into week 3 of no work, whenever they sort my claim out it will be paid as week one for 12 weeks,if that makes sense,no back payments,which is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Who said there is no back payments.
    Surely they have to pay you from the day you applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Guys. I left to go to work on wed 25th. I had a sore throat and started coughing so I rang work to tell them I was returning home. When I got home I rang the doctor, the doctor said I most likely had a cold but that due to the current situation I should stay home. When the boss contacted I said this and he said I should take 14 days to be sure. He said he'd contact the accountant for Covid payment and I thought nothing of it. In my mind I expected the wage subsidy

Today he messaged me telling me to go to social welfare. I asked him about the wage subsidy and he said due to my earnings I only qualify for the lower payment 350 but I feel he's trying to pull a fast one and push me towards social welfare. To deal with social welfare I will need to get back on to the doctor for a cert and jump through a few hoops. Can anyone advise?
    What's the sick leave policy in your job?
    If you have unused paid sick leave that should be used.
    How long is your sick cert for?
    Has your boss applied for the wage subsidy, for everyone in the company?
    For you to claim illness benefit your doc needs to complete a form, and depending on what he puts on that will determine if and how much you're entitled to.
    If your boss has told you to go to SW then it sounds like he's letting you go - is every one else being let go also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

I emailed the local office this morning,no reply yet but on the my gov site i can see they sent 350 this morning dated from last week so will prob hit account tomorrow.
    I'd say they done it after they got through my email.
    Is everyone elses payment coming up as exeptional needs payment on the mygov website.

Just re-applied online. Probably should have waited another week but doesn't matter I suppose if they get the paper one/online one first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Wanderer19 wrote: »
    What's the sick leave policy in your job?
    If you have unused paid sick leave that should be used.
    How long is your sick cert for?
    Has your boss applied for the wage subsidy, for everyone in the company?
    For you to claim illness benefit your doc needs to complete a form, and depending on what he puts on that will determine if and how much you're entitled to.
    If your boss has told you to go to SW then it sounds like he's letting you go - is every one else being let go also?

My contact says 10 days paid sick leave.
    I did not get a cert, I spoke with my doctor for advise but did not ask for a cert.
    He has said the same to another employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Who said there is no back payments.
    Surely they have to pay you from the day you applied.

I rang this morning. Still nothing in my account. Applied on the 19th via post. The guy said I wasn’t on the system yet and it’s pandemonium. He said there’s boxes everywhere. Recommended I apply online and he said you won’t be back paid. Jobseekers can be back paid but Covid pandemic payment cannot? All very confusing. He was very sound but was stressed out of his mind which is understandable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

My contact says 10 days paid sick leave.
    I did not get a cert, I spoke with my doctor for advise but did not ask for a cert.
    He has said the same to another employee.

Does it say 10 days continuous paid sick leave? I've seen thousands of employment contracts and never seen that. I'd imagine it's up to 10 days (which is alot) and no more than 2 days continuously.

But if correct, it's extremely generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Got mine this morning, 350. No back pay. I had initially not been expecting back pay but Im pretty sure on one of the threads on boards there was a statement about back pay being paid?

Either way im happy to see the payment go in. Last pay day was march 13th
    None of my work colleagues were back paid

• Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Got my application in early (6am!) this morning. No email confirmation as of yet. Do you actually get confirmation, or do you just keep an eye on your bank account?

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    Got my application in early (6am!) this morning. No email confirmation as of yet. Do you actually get confirmation, or do you just keep an eye on your bank account?

Keep an eye on your bank account, can take up to 7 days to process.

Just a notification on your acc. To say you’re application has been received

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Foxy1987

hi guys - I'm not 100% on this but I read somewhere that it is not being back dated but you will be paid €350 a week for 12 weeks so basically if you got €350 today you will get another 11 weeks of that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Just read someone on a back to work enterprise allowance and who is self employed will continue to receive the btwea, but if their business has been hit, that's it. I'd have thought they'd increase it by 150 to bring people to the 350 mark, in line with all all other self employed.

How can somene earning an allowance and small wage starting a business suddenly be expected to live on 200 a week and keep the business afloat until it can reopen. They can't. So the business they've built closes, and they're back on the scratch.

Sounds like they're making it up as they go along, identify issues as they arise and reassess. Hopefully they'll realise keeping as many businesses in a tradeable position is better than shutting them down for 150 quid.

Just a notification on your acc. To say you’re application has been received
    I've got a notification on my MyGov account saying that my application has been submitted and is awaiting review from an officer. It also states that "If you are applying for COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment, you will also need to apply for Jobseekers". Have other people had to do this as well?

I've got a notification on my MyGov account saying that my application has been submitted and is awaiting review from an officer. It also states that "If you are applying for COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment, you will also need to apply for Jobseekers". Have other people had to do this as well?

That’s what I got too. I didn’t apply for jobseeker yet as hopefully I’ll be back to work within 12 weeks it’s just there because jobseekers takes longer to process

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dublinbando

Ok if they don't get this payment **** right and thousands of people don't get money for food, what's the first thing they are going to do?

I smell looting may be in our future.

That’s what I got too. I didn’t apply for jobseeker yet as hopefully I’ll be back to work within 12 weeks it’s just there because jobseekers takes longer to process
    My mistake. I applied for the wage subsidy payment, not the unemployment payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Is everyone elses payment coming up as exeptional needs payment on the mygov website.

Where are you finding this? Is it through Statements and Refunds on the my welfare section and then requesting a statement? I got paid today but can't find a payment reference anywhere.

• Advertisement

Sister applied same day as me, 23rd, and got it today but I didn't so happy now that I applied again online instead. Praying for next week.

Advertisement